Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need 2G/4G RAM VPS for Webhosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need 2G/4G RAM VPS for Webhosting

Hello guys, i'm searching a reliable VPS for all my websites. My sites are in 123systems and they are closing doors. (By the way what the heck these latest prices?)

Here are needs:
2GB RAM
2GB Swap (if openVZ)
At least 25GB Disk
5 IPs (must be clean for mailing)
Annual payment with Bitcoin

Please inform me if a bad hosting leave an offer. Since i'm planning to host all my sites in a single host, i dont want to deal downtimes all the time.

My budget is around 40$ and this budget was way too high last year for these needs but as i see prices are skyrocketing right now.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1receivedthanks

Comments

• You might get a VPS in this budget but you're unlikely to get a control panel as well, plus if you have very little management experience in regards to a VPS it'll be more hassle than it's worth. Stick to shared hosting, you could easily get a few hosting accounts or a reseller account within your budget.

FYI pricing would've gone up with cPanel due to their recent licensing price increases. DirectAdmin is a good alternative and much more affordable.

• creepcreep Member
    edited October 2019

oh, 123systems. havent heard of them for so long.

$40/year , 5 clean IPv4 for mailing. mind to share the 12systems order link for this specs?

• @creep said:

$40/year , 5 clean IPv4 for mailing. mind to share the 12systems order link for this specs?

It is common to have an old plan with multiple IPs if you've been with a host for a while. They used to be given out much more freely. That doesn't mean the plan is still available now.

• coolindarkcoolindark Member
    edited October 2019

@WSCallum said:
    You might get a VPS in this budget but you're unlikely to get a control panel as well, plus if you have very little management experience in regards to a VPS it'll be more hassle than it's worth. Stick to shared hosting, you could easily get a few hosting accounts or a reseller account within your budget.

FYI pricing would've gone up with cPanel due to their recent licensing price increases. DirectAdmin is a good alternative and much more affordable.

Oh I do not need any control panel. I'll manage it. I just need a clean VPS.
    Shared hostings are terrible for mailing because their IPs are generally gets in spamhaus which cause problems with both my domain providers and mails always drop to spam folders. Unique IP / website is always the best option.

@creep said:

I use 123systems for 5 years and i have 10+ VPSs there. I paid incredible prices per VPSs and practically i paid nothing for IP lol.

• @coolindark said:
    I use 123systems for 5 years and i have 10+ VPSs there. I paid incredible prices per VPSs and practically i paid nothing for IP lol.

Not realistic to expect that any more. Expect minimum $1/month for additional IPs, so 4x12 = $48/yr just for extra IPs. Point is not the exact price of extra IPs, but to say that $40/yr for a VPS with 5 IPs isn't likely.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

My budget is around 40$ and this budget was way too high last year for these needs but as i see prices are skyrocketing right now.

Is your budget for VPS or just reseller account? If for VPS good luck with that budget and do t expect anything special serious.

• ovh cloud

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited October 2019

IMO your best bet is one of VirMach specials with some kind of email relay (Amazon SES or MXroute)

Edit : slightly off your budget, but you could go with @anyNode
    5*(1GB/20GB/1TB/1IP/$12) reseller pool
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158744/anynode-net-resource-pools-from-12-yr-in-3-locations#latest

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@anyNode gets close to what you want - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158744/anynode-net-resource-pools-from-12-yr-in-3-locations

$36/yr = 3 cores/3GB Ram/30GB SSD/3 IPs

• Wohooo! Anynode will work. Thanks! How is quality?

• @coolindark said:
    Wohooo! Anynode will work. Thanks! How is quality?

9/10

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2019

We can do it for you at $40/year at any of our 13 locations:
    25GB SSD
    2GB RAM
    2 vCPU
    1TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    5 IPv4
    IPv6
    SolusVM KVM

Bitcoin payment is fine...

PM to take us up on this offer.

• @SmartHost said:
    25GB SSD
    2GB RAM
    2 vCPU
    1TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    5 IPv4
    IPv6
    SolusVM KVM

Also like this.Which location have anti-ddos?

@zhujiwiki said:
    Also like this.Which location have anti-ddos?

We don't go into specific details on that, as it is not our target niche, but most locations do, at various levels. I would recommend Virginia, Dallas, Las Vegas, Amsterdam, or Los Angeles as the best for that though, with the most protection capacity available.

• @SmartHost said:
    25GB SSD
    2GB RAM
    2 vCPU
    1TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    5 IPv4
    IPv6
    SolusVM KVM

I'm waiting your respond since yesterday mate.

@coolindark said:
    I'm waiting your respond since yesterday mate.

Will have that order manually placed in the system for you ASAP this morning!

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2019

@zhujiwiki said:
    ovh cloud

For less than $40 per year, I don’t think so OP be able to get cloud account just OVH VPS

• @coolindark said:
    Hello guys, i'm searching a reliable VPS for all my websites. My sites are in 123systems and they are closing doors. (By the way what the heck these latest prices?)

Here are needs:
    2GB RAM
    2GB Swap (if openVZ)
    At least 25GB Disk

Please inform me if a bad hosting leave an offer. Since i'm planning to host all my sites in a single host, i dont want to deal downtimes all the time.

Thank you.

I can do that pricing, PM me. I have more than 1000 GB (real memory not overselling) to lay out. 10GE connectivity BTW.

• Thank you all for your time and answers.
    @SmartHost provided all my needs as promised. Hope we will work for a long long time.

@coolindark said:
    @SmartHost provided all my needs as promised. Hope we will work for a long long time.

Sounds like a plan. Glad you are happy! ;-)

• @cobydecock said:

@coolindark said:

Here are needs:
    2GB RAM
    2GB Swap (if openVZ)
    At least 25GB Disk

Thank you.

I can do that pricing, PM me. I have more than 1000 GB (real memory not overselling) to lay out. 10GE connectivity BTW.

Again, read the rules

Thanked by 1shallownorthdakota
  • @SmartHost said:
    25GB SSD
    2GB RAM
    2 vCPU
    1TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    5 IPv4
    IPv6
    SolusVM KVM

I also got this offer, and it actually looks like NVMe instead of normal SSD (the product says NVMe, and disk speeds seems to be fast, although I didn't do a benchmark). Support was very fast on querys, and network was also pretty good (looks like PSYCHZ LA?). This really is an awesome offer :)

p.s. one IP address was blocked by Microsoft (no blocklists on public RBLs tho), which ZoneMTA took care of. love it :)

Thanked by 1ITLabs