Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DCNHost – New KVM Plan added! 40% off regular prices on 3 KVM Plans out of NY!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DCNHost – New KVM Plan added! 40% off regular prices on 3 KVM Plans out of NY!

edited October 2019 in Offers

DCNHost recently contacted us with a new sale for October. They are offering KVM plans that they have on sale specifically for the LEB community, with discounts of 40% off the regular prices for these plans. You can see details for the plans below and you can only order using the custom links below.

If you decide to buy, we look forward to your feedback in the comments section below!

They accept Credit/Debit Cards, Alipay, PayPal, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and Ethereum. You can find their ToS/Legal Docs here.

Here’s what they had to say: 

“When it comes to hosting, there is no doubt that DCNHost is the perfect solution for you. We take pride in delivering what we promise to our beloved customers. 24/7 Customer service with industry top notch hosting engineers to help you anytime, anywhere. Our Mission is to focus more on customer challenges to provide them the best hosting solutions and services, and continuing to create maximum value for our customers. Our hosting platform is built on the latest technology and industry leading infrastructure providers that result in providing you with a smooth hosting experience – so you can rest easy at night knowing your applications are online!”

Here are the offers: 

1GB KVM VPS

• 1GB RAM
  • 1 CPU Core
  • 16GB SSD Storage
  • 1500GB Monthly Transfer
  • 1Gbps Port
  • KVM/SolusVM
  • API Access
  • Full Root Access
  • $56/yr
  • [ORDER HERE]

2GB KVM VPS

• 2GB RAM
  • 2 CPU Cores
  • 20GB SSD Storage
  • 3000GB Monthly Transfer
  • 1Gbps Port
  • KVM/SolusVM
  • API Access
  • Full Root Access
  • $85/yr
  • [ORDER HERE]

4GB KVM VPS

• 4GB RAM
  • 4 CPU Cores
  • 40GB SSD Storage
  • 5000GB Monthly Transfer
  • 1Gbps Port
  • KVM/SolusVM
  • API Access
  • Full Root Access
  • $125/yr
  • [ORDER HERE]

NETWORK INFO:

Buffalo, New York, USA (BUF1 Facility)

Test IPv4: 192.3.180.103

Test file: http://192.3.180.103/1000MB.test

Network Carriers: TeliaSonera, XO Communications, Hibernia Networks, Zayo

Host Node Specifications:

KVM Nodes:

– Intel Xeon E5-2660v2

– 64GB DDR3 RAM

– 8x 1TB Samsung 860 Pro SSD’s

– Hardware RAID10 with LSI 9271-8i w/ CacheVault

– Redundant Power Supplies

– 1Gbps Uplink

Please let us know if you have any questions/comments and enjoy!

The post DCNHost – New KVM Plan added! 40% off regular prices on 3 KVM Plans out of NY! appeared first on Low End Box.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K

Comments

• Why are we getting this stuff auto-imported? If the provider has a tag then they should show up and post it themselves. If they don't have a provider tag, then how come they are exempt from the rules?

Thanked by 2uptime dedotatedwam
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

Lulz ... (flagged)

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited October 2019

Unfortunately, we receive nothing about this. LEB imported offers are supposed to be indicated, as per what jbiloh said earlier. But I see nothing in the thread title.

No clear communications are given and they are just trying to squeeze every last bit of LowEndTalk.

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 3uptime ITLabs skorous
  • They just might squeeze some SEO special sauce in the bargain, the way these things go sometimes ... :smiley:

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@System is Debian10 an option? And how to unselect Windows Server? Shopping cart shows both Linux and Windows Server 2012.
    Also what is Locantion : New York ? I looked up the map of New York, and could see Binghamton.

The end is indeed nigh. I am forced to ask questions to an OP who is probably a bot and is advertising services of a provider who is not a provider on LET.

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • lol

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I can't help but notice that they are listed in https://lowenddeadpool.info/ - not sure what to make of that, but there it is ...

Domain registered since 2013 but no public registrant info

Anyone have any experience with this outfit?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 2019

@uptime said:
    I can't help but notice that they are listed in https://lowenddeadpool.info/ - not sure what to make of that, but there it is ...

Domain registered since 2013 but no public registrant info

Anyone have any experience with this outfit?

lol intensifies

@vyas11 said:
    System is Debian10 an option? And how to unselect Windows Server? Shopping cart shows both Linux and Windows Server 2012.

The end is indeed nigh. I am forced to ask questions to an OP who is probably a bot and is advertising services of a provider who is not a provider on LET.

Debian 10 is not supported just yet, we might support it on 2022. Windows Server is included by default because we allow dual-boot on our VPS.

Thanked by 3vyas11 uptime ITLabs
  • @FAT32 said:

No clear communications are given and they are just trying to squeeze every last bit of LowEndTalk.

How much might be the value of LET that they will be willing to sell for? Might be a lot today but soon it could drop to $7.

• @vyas11 said:

@FAT32 said:

How much might be the value of LET that they will be willing to sell for? Might be a lot today but soon it could drop to $7.

seo alone is worth a pretty penny

• What a joke those prices

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@jbiloh - do you know anything about this company? Are they legit? Not looking to dump on a deal that don't deserve it, but at first glance it doesn't look like this one is exactly putting your best foot forward here. Checking for reviews now ...

Given that they've apparently been around since 2013 but do not have a provider tag on LET, it seems reasonable to ask - can you vouch for these guys?

Please advise.

• wtf, no provider tag and outside LET price limits. Can someone delete this thread?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

Found a couple recent reviews: https://www.scamadviser.com/reviews/314390/dcnhost.com

EDIT2: Also, some informative commentary from LEB :smiley:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/dcnhost-openvz-and-kvm-plans-on-sale-as-low-as-35-a-year-new-york-server/

Abdul:
    Not impressed with this host, nearing the end of my 1 yr and will not be renewing.
    I have been monitoring the 2 KVM VPS’s I purchased around a year ago using zabbix a zabbix server hosted elsewhere, the hosting provider does weird things at odd hours and doesn’t have clear a explanation as to what happened… ‘its working now’ is the theme they want to close their support tickets on, which makes this a highly unreliable host.
    Just trying to figure out what happened to avoid this happening again is an exercise in futility with DCNHost.
    They are either moving VMs across hypervisors, pausing them and starting them again, making changes to the network that they hope wont be observed idk and at this point idc.
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:19 am

Someone should build a bot to "auto-import" those reviews too :)

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@FAT32 said:
    Someone should build a bot to "auto-import" those reviews too :)

Maybe so ... Still something to be said for a bit of human curation I think.

Anyway - without getting too deep in the weeds on this one, bottom line seems to be not great, though maybe not quite an outright scam or summerhost.

Not a great way to break the ice vis a vis "leveraging the synergy" to "optimize the potential" LEB / LET "value proposition" in my opinion.

More likely than not to result in unintended consequences ... possibly much wailing and gnashing of teeth and so forth - the proverbial agonizing reappraisal. And all that good stuff.

tl;dr: Lulz ...

Thanked by 2FAT32 ITLabs
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@SirFoxy said:

That was my point.

• what the. . .so from now LET will also get those garbage frm leb? Lol the end is really nigh.

I demand let2.com

• This looks like a job for the detective..

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2019

WTF is this garbage heap that wasn't even posted by a real user? If this is what you meant by change, I didn't think you meant take a shit on LET and spit in everyone faces? As if this place couldn't get any worse... you have lost your damn minds!

DCNHost downtime
    DCNHost crash
    DCNHost lagged
    DCNHost bad network
    DCNHost spam
    DCNHost rip off
    DCNHost no uptime
    DCNHost liars
    DCNHost cheat

Thanked by 2uptime Sofia_K
  • @vyas11 said:

@SirFoxy said:

That was my point.

Them posting offers has literally no affect on the seo rankings. You didn't mention seo anywhere lmao. They could close the forum and still monetize the domain with the authority it has.

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • So even after 40% discount, the plans are shit.

• Scott15Scott15 Member
    edited October 2019

Can any one explain to me what DCN stands for?

*Edit: Definitely-Colocrossing-Now

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited October 2019

@SirFoxy said:
    Them posting offers has literally no affect on the seo rankings. You didn't mention seo anywhere lmao. They could close the forum and still monetize the domain with the authority it has.

Thing is, that inertial authoritah might just serve to seriously "leverage some synergy" in the form of mucho organic SEO juice for each and every LEB offer that shows up here, for butter or for wurst.

If it's crap such as DCNHost, these bot-posted threads on LET might end up tipping the balance to show up over what until now has just been background noise in terms of SEO. If history is any guide, it might not be a pretty sight when it's all said and done.

So ... what to do, what to do .... If informative comments are hidden or no-followed etc in an attempt to massage the organic SEO, it's quite possible that they will come back in a form more powerful than one could ever imagine elsewhere on the wild wild web. That's just a fact of lowend life on the internet.

All things considered ... maybe better if whoever has been tasked with improving LEB's bottom line actually puts some work into improving the quality of their offerings there. Might even start by putting some thought into how to filter their feed to prevent dubious specimens such as DCNHost from showing up here on LET (where they will likely be exposed to the harsh nigh of day).

Then maybe for extra credit either remove those turkeys from LEB as well - and/or give them the tools and motivation to straighten up and fly right. And let them decide whether they are ready for LET primetime. Like, maybe by applying for a provider tag or something ...

Crazy idea, I know. But these days it seems like everything is possible (and nothing is real) so what the hell, might as well, ammirite?

Thanked by 2ITLabs SirFoxy
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@SirFoxy said:

That was my point.

The whole post, which did not get posted, is as follows (though it showed up well in preview, and I take the blame for not checking before hitting 'publish'): Note: This is the edited, expanded version.

Typically when a company is trying to unlock 'value' from under-utilised assets, it is for three or four primary reasons:
    a. Competition is beating the krapp out of them
    b. Planning for a merger or acquisition
    c. Dressing up the balance sheet for a partial sale or an IPO
    d. A deal has already been brokered, now the new owners such as a PE firm may be kicking the management's rear end

In almost every case, the most important value that the asset has created - gets smashed, beaten to pulp, smothered and torn to pieces. Not necessarily in that order. LET as a community has its value but so does the SEO 'asset' that has been created. The downside is that if you try to milk the asset the wrong way, then you will get a pile of crap. Worse still, the asset's value will tank because the very feeders into the system that created the asset will slowly stop contributing.

Sometimes the acquiring company does not know what to do with a "tagalong' asset of the an acquired company. That's when an up and coming manager is tasked with the project of their career- "make this horse compete in a derby!" Or, the former management is at the receiving end of the mandate. "You told us this was a gold mine, now show us the shiny stuff".

Whatever the reasons, the end is rarely positive. So if the inherent value of the community and the resulting SEO is several thousand multiples of $7, in order to earn those extra dollars, the management just might end up reducing the asset value to LET special $ 7.

Thanked by 3uptime ITLabs skorous