Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Best way to "add" storage to a Kimsufi server?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Best way to "add" storage to a Kimsufi server?

I have a 2tb Kimsufi server and I'd like to add some more cheap storage to it somehow. Looking to add at least another 2 TB to it.

Are there any cheap block storage solutions or otherwise that would work with this in some way?

Comments

• You can just pick up another 2TB dedi for $10 and set up some share. I don't think Kimsufi supports vRack though.

Or upgrade to the KS-4 for 4TB @ $17.

• rm_rm_ Member
      edited October 1

Getting a 2nd Kimsufi and setting up a Samba or NFS mount will beat anything else* in terms of price and performance. Oh I should say an NBD or iSCSI export perhaps could beat even that, but that assumes you are fine with a static allocation of space between the dedis, and more risk reliability-wise if the "storage" one goes down.

*(Short of replacing your server itself, for one with more local storage).

• Getting bigger kimsufi or SYS is recommended. Since kimsufi servers has 100Mbps only, shouldn't add more network load into that.

signature for rent - ^_^

• You have very cheap storage at https://www.soyoustart.com/us/server-storage/

• ITLabsITLabs Member
      edited October 1

@lebidule said:
      You have very cheap storage at https://www.soyoustart.com/us/server-storage/

Probably discontinued. I don't see the stock being replenished for more than 3 months now.

#lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
      edited October 2

@rm_ said:
      Getting a 2nd Kimsufi and setting up a Samba or NFS mount will beat anything else* in terms of price and performance. Oh I should say an NBD or iSCSI export perhaps could beat even that, but that assumes you are fine with a static allocation of space between the dedis, and more risk reliability-wise if the "storage" one goes down.

*(Short of replacing your server itself, for one with more local storage).

moosefs + wireguard ;-)
      Make sure you use metalogger(s) so you don't lose much if any data should the server that's the master die.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

It's going to suck since those all are 100Mbps. Using remote storage will be quite fun.

Thanked by 2uptime vimalware