Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Wordpress Hosting - Home made! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Wordpress Hosting - Home made!

Comments

• @NANO said:
    The niche seletion is bugged, I selected computers and internet or something like that but panel shows automotive in one window and art & culture in other.

You should add an option to make a backup of the site and database ;)

Also an option for people who made the "subdomain.hostwp.net" can move later to "owndomain.com" would be great.

I just created my blog, selected USA and I see Europe in the dashboard...

Good job for now, and great free service!

Damn bugs, now those nasty buggers should be fixed.

Nice suggestions! Currently working on 'website migrator', feature that allows user to quickly relocate his website from USA to EU or vice versa. Adding your suggestions to the list.

• Speed like mentioned earlier is awesome. Kicked the tyres, time to take the WP setup for a spin.

Thx again for this

Thanked by 2Levi receivedthanks
  • Is this a trial of Hetzner's abuse handling system?
    If so, brilliant!
    You will learn how exactly to run a shared host on Hetzner for longer terms.

Hope the kids don't drive you insane in the meantime. 🤞

• So how many sign ups you got so far?

Thanked by 1receivedthanks
  • @alilet said:
    So how many sign ups you got so far?

After banning China and Malaysia 36 websites hosted in total. And 29 websites hosted on hetzner's 2GB VPS. Their performance is unbelievable. Just wow.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Nice! Good luck on your project mate!

• @LTniger said:

@alilet said:

After banning China and Malaysia 36 websites hosted in total. And 29 websites hosted on hetzner's 2GB VPS. Their performance is unbelievable. Just wow.

Great!
    This WP site idea has given me an idea. You know there are hundreds of free softwares available like mybb, zencart, etc. so I am thinking about something similar. But I am not sure how many sites can a VPS handle. I know this is subjective and depends on lot of factors but still just wanted to have an idea. I have 1GB VPS lying around so might as well use it. May be if I use nginx then I can squeeze some more sites than using apache!?

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

@alilet said:

@LTniger said:

@alilet said:

Great!
    This WP site idea has given me an idea. You know there are hundreds of free softwares available like mybb, zencart, etc. so I am thinking about something similar. But I am not sure how many sites can a VPS handle. I know this is subjective and depends on lot of factors but still just wanted to have an idea. I have 1GB VPS lying around so might as well use it. May be if I use nginx then I can squeeze some more sites than using apache!?

You mean some project that enables you to run any CMS[most popular ones] on one click no cPanel or DirectAdmin..?

• LeviLevi Member
    edited September 2019

First beta version of this system I made after 6 months of work. Such project is not an easy task if you have full time job.

If this project will lift up from beta to real world, next I would go for prestashop maybe.

Forum hosting is dead, believe me. I had a script which hosted multiple phpBB forums and 98% of service users was insanely heavy spammers or pr0n distributors.

• @armandorg said:

@alilet said:

@LTniger said:

@alilet said:

Great!

You mean some project that enables you to run any CMS[most popular ones] on one click no cPanel or DirectAdmin..?

Yes. If needed then I can make a custom panel in PHP like hostwp.net

• aliletalilet Member
    edited September 2019

@LTniger said:
    First beta version of this system I made after 6 months of work. Such project is not an easy task if you have full time job.

If this project will lift up from beta to real world, next I would go for prestashop maybe.

Forum hosting is dead, believe me. I had a script which hosted multiple phpBB forums and 98% of service users was insanely heavy spammers or pr0n distributors.

prestashop is exactly I was thinking!

• @LTniger

Now that’s engagement of a different kind...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@LTniger said:
    After banning China and Malaysia -

A wise choice. They will only end up abusing your server.

• @vyas11 said:

@LTniger

Now that’s engagement of a different kind...

That service flip flopped in a month. The things I saw can't be unseen, unfortunatelly.

• Interesting, there are many WordPress hosting, but this is crazy enough..... Will take a time to try it... Keep the good work

• Thanks, I just signed up. What if one needs to change the domain (e.g. from subdomain to own domain name), can they open a support ticket? Will they be able to do it autonomously in the future?

• simlev said: Will they be able to do it autonomously in the future?

Yep, I'am working on this feature currently.

Nano changelog:

• Now free sub-domains will be on hostwp.dev (for development);
    • Implemented website relocation feature. Now with 2 clicks you can migrate your website into different continent;
  • Latest update:

• Snapshot management. Now user can create up to 2 snapshots of his website and restore it;
    • Rename. Now user can rename his website. Example: mywp.hostwp.dev -> mysuperwp.tld. Rename will alter records in database too (all WP links will be updated to new one).

Upcoming features:

• Bandwidth monitoring (in/out/total) graphs;

After this, project will go into RC state with UI overhaul.

• @LTniger said:

@alilet said:

Why you ban Malaysia?

• LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2019

@mrlongshen said:

@LTniger said:

@alilet said:

Why you ban Malaysia?

I had a flood (37) of registrations with fake e-mails from Malaysia.

• @LTniger said:

@mrlongshen said:

@LTniger said:

@alilet said:

Why you ban Malaysia?

I had a flood (37) of registrations with fake e-mails from Malaysia.

Fake emails or a instant email? Nah so because of this 37 fake registration all opportunity has been closed for other user.. So sad.

Thanked by 2gagah receivedthanks
  • file access?

• @cazrz said:
    file access?

Such feature will be paid and introduced after UI overhaul. File and DB access.

• Good one. How can one design this himself?. Can u give tutorials or guide. thanks.

• mekulous said: How can one design this himself?

Imagination. You only need imagination and the rest is just plain details.

• Any chance you can enable Curl?

• Sova said: Any chance you can enable Curl?

Why do you need that?

• Testukas, made my day :)

• I have a plugin that requires Curl to function. It gives me a notice that it cannot initialize due to Curl being missing.

• @Sova said:
    I have a plugin that requires Curl to function. It gives me a notice that it cannot initialize due to Curl being missing.

Thank you for explanation. cURL enabled.

This discussion has been closed.