Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small dedi or VDS [EU]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Small dedi or VDS [EU]

jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
edited September 2019 in Requests

I'm interested in a small dedi, small meaning 4+ cores, 6+ GB memory. The cores can be weak (Avoton, Opteron, old intel cpu) but not Arm and not sh_tty Atoms (e.g. dual core 510). Single core passmark of 500+ and multi core of 2000+ is good enough.

It must come with min /29 and 5 TB traffic volume. DDOS protection welcome but not absolutely required.
1 Gb/s is not needed, 200 Mb/s is acceptable (if the price is really great, even 100 Mb are acceptable) but your network/connectivity must be reasonably good.

SSD is preferred but spindles, preferably dual, are OK too. Capacity of 100 GB (per disk) is enough.

Location can be any country in Europe except DE and Ukraine, but FR, IT, NL, CZ, RU are preferred. Please note that the same goes for the provider company.

IPMI/KVM is a MUST and so is reasonable support response times (< 3 hrs).

Offers via PM acceptable (if allowed by LET, I don't know) but public offers are preferred.

Please note that I already have some "main" dedis. This request is about a small & cheap additional dedi (budget 20€/mo or max 25€ if offer is exceptionally tasty).

Also note that I will benchmark the system and publish a review here. If that is good or bad for you depends on yourself/your product.

Conditions: I pay front-up for 6 - 12 months after a short (3 days max) testing period. I'm willing to pay for the testing period.

Thank you.

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

That's a really tight budget. The IPv4 subnet alone will cost some € and after paying for electricity and network I do not see much margin for the server itself, not speaking about bonus like IPMI and support <3hrs.

So my best guess would be chosing a VPS - or having good luck with your budget. :)

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Best of luck with that budget..

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@dfroe said:
    That's a really tight budget. The IPv4 subnet alone will cost some € and after paying for electricity and network I do not see much margin for the server itself, not speaking about bonus like IPMI and support <3hrs.

So my best guess would be chosing a VPS - or having good luck with your budget. :)

What I request can basically be seen (by a provider) to "unload"/to earn some money with a stoneage system. But yes, evidently providing 5 useable IPs and 5TB traffic volume limits the number of providers.

Thanks for your interest

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
    edited September 2019

@ViridWeb said:

Thank you. I'll wait and see. I know that some providers can easily do that and still earn a bit because they have large amounts of both IPs and bandwidth available.

edited September 2019

@jsg said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thank you. I'll wait and see. I know that some providers can easily do that and still earn a bit because they have large amounts of both IPs and bandwidth available.

Well server in that price definitely possible..
    But /29 subnet and free IPMI/KVM 24x7 is really hard

Edited: But maybe it's possible for some provider. Good Luck.. :smile:

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Well, I don't see much possibilities to "earn" money with that setup. :) A "stoneage system" will probably eat far more power than it earns, so that approach won't work. At least not in Central Europe.

HostSolutions once offered a promo with probably nearly zero profit at 15 EUR/month. But with only 4 GB RAM (as it was common at those days), 150 GB HDD (SSDs weren't common either), only 1 IPv4 address and I won't comment on <3hrs support.

OneProvider has some old i3's with Online.net, but again only 2 Cores, 4 GB memory, only spindle disks and no additional IPs. 3hrs SLA, probably not.

Dacentec actually has several dedis at $25 within your specs (incl. /29, KVM on request and professional support) and I could recommend them as one of the better than average providers, but that's US and not EU (though network is really great, I have no problem reaching Gbit-speed to Europe).

So there are some options, if you can pass on some of your requirements.

@ViridWeb

IPMI is usually built in anyway since many years and most providers already have mechanisms in place (e.g. VPN) to give customers access to it.

@dfroe

I guess it boils down to the costs of bandwidth and IPs. Some providers have both available in quantities and cheap. Keep in mind that I'm looking for reasonably good connectivity and not for Clouvider or Online like quality (which is much better but also more costly).

Btw, it's not true that all stoneage processors draw lots of power and are hence costly. (a) power cost is very different depending on the country, (b) there were also low cost processors back then, and (c) alomost any processor can be turned into one with much more modest power draw by putting its clock lower.

• @jsg said:
    I'm interested in a small dedi, small meaning 4+ cores, 6+ GB memory. The cores can be weak (Avoton, Opteron, old intel cpu) but not Arm and not sh_tty Atoms (e.g. dual core 510). Single core passmark of 500+ and multi core of 2000+ is good enough.

It must come with min /29 and 5 TB traffic volume. DDOS protection welcome but not absolutely required.
    1 Gb/s is not needed, 200 Mb/s is acceptable (if the price is really great, even 100 Mb are acceptable) but your network/connectivity must be reasonably good.

SSD is preferred but spindles, preferably dual, are OK too. Capacity of 100 GB (per disk) is enough.

Location can be any country in Europe except DE and Ukraine, but FR, IT, NL, CZ, RU are preferred. Please note that the same goes for the provider company.

IPMI/KVM is a MUST and so is reasonable support response times (< 3 hrs).

Offers via PM acceptable (if allowed by LET, I don't know) but public offers are preferred.

Please note that I already have some "main" dedis. This request is about a small & cheap additional dedi (budget 20€/mo or max 25€ if offer is exceptionally tasty).

Also note that I will benchmark the system and publish a review here. If that is good or bad for you depends on yourself/your product.

Conditions: I pay front-up for 6 - 12 months after a short (3 days max) testing period. I'm willing to pay for the testing period.

Thank you.

WorldStream sometimes has servers in this criteria in their special servers offers.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • Alphavps used to have those 25EUR dedis. Check if the links still show stock.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ViridWeb said:

Good Luck with your signature.

edited September 2019

@Neoon said:

@ViridWeb said:

Good Luck with your signature.

So? Don't be a dick..
    If you have no work and enough time to insert your nose with large pimples then try to see the second reply.

Edited: I'm not abusing you but your reply has no purpose..
    In my opinion His budget is pretty low for dedicated IPMI 24x7 and for multiple IPs. That's why I have said that

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

SpectraIP offers virtual servers, dedicated servers and colocation on a rock-solid redundantly connected network (AS62068), connected to redundant fibre-optic connections, redundant cooling and power connection. We have a monthly uptime guarantee of 99.9%. Our servers are located in the Amsterdam area (Netherlands).

Dedicated server: Compute Entry

• Intel G4560 CPU (2C/4T 3.50 GHz)
    • 8 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 120 GB SSD storage
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • /48 IPv6 subnet
    • 1 Gbit network uplink
    • 15 TB monthly bandwidth

One time Setup Fee € 0.00
    Recurring (Monthly) € 20.00

The server can be cancelled monthly.

Please email ([email protected]) or send a message on Skype (username: spectraip) to order.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ViridWeb said:
    So? Don't be a dick..

What have I done?

If you have no work and enough time to insert your nose with large pimples then try to see the second reply.

Thats the purpose of a forum, you may return back to WHT.

In my opinion His budget is pretty low for dedicated IPMI 24x7 and for multiple IPs. That's why I have said that

I get the feeling, that the forum is filling up with WHT hosts.
    Simple, at LET, everyone wants a cheap fuck, no body cares if you get AIDS afterwards.

Its all about the price.

@Neoon said:

@ViridWeb said:
    So? Don't be a dick..

What have I done?

Simple, at LET, everyone wants a cheap fuck, no body cares if you get AIDS afterwards.

Its all about the price.

@Neoon said:

@ViridWeb said:
    So? Don't be a dick..

What have I done?

Its all about the price.

That's true buddy.. but I said as a host that with all these features it's really hard to provide something similar to his requirement..

Anyway we are not the guy from WHT.. And you know WHT sucks..
    They are running that forum just to suck money like blood..

Anyway thanks for commenting.

Hope someday we can sale something to you. :wink:

edited September 2019

@vimalware said:
    Alphavps used to have those 25EUR dedis. Check if the links still show stock.

I know. A friend and colleague uses AlphaVPS since years, values @AlexBarakov highly and is a happy customer. Unfortunately though their servers are way too big for this request.

@spectraip

Thanks for your offer and I do not doubt that you have a nice and fast network but 2 Cores is a bit too small plus you offer a single IP only. But please read the following part ...

Request Extension: Virtual DEDICATED Server VDS is acceptable, too.

All the rest stays the same. 4 dedicated Cores, 6+ GB memory, /29 with 5+ TB, etc.

@Mods

Could you please change the title to "Small dedi or VDS [EU]" to reflect the extended request? Thank you.

Edit: Really stupid typo corrected (/19 -> /29)

• @ViridWeb said:
    And you know WHT sucks..
    They are running that forum just to suck money like blood..

Ehm. Please kindly point out the difference to this place here. WHM may be a shithole, but at least they still have somebody at hand to keep their servers alive. CC/Deluxe is really no better.

• spectraip said: 1 IPv4 address

-

jsg said: It must come with min /29 and 5 TB traffic volume

Thanked by 1jsg
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

jsg said: I know. A friend and colleague uses AlphaVPS since years, values @AlexBarakov highly and is a happy customer. Unfortunately though their servers are way too big for this request.

They might be big but start at only 25EUR/m ;)
    We'll be happy to have you as a customer! If you do have any questions, feel free to DM me and I will do my best to answer!

Thanked by 1jsg

@hzr

@jsg said:
    @Mods

Could you please change the title to "Small dedi or VDS [EU]" to reflect the extended request? Thank you.

As you happen to be here ... would you please kindly edit the title? Thanks!

• FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited September 2019

Aye mate, check out worldstream.nl 's specials page

Thanked by 1jsg

@FoxelVox said:

Funny, their http server isn't reachable currently. mtr suggests that they have a router problem.

• @FoxelVox said:

Mentioned above.

Although they sometimes have nice specials, they won't be able to meet the criteria stated by the OP.

• skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

I am sure our B-i3-8 server suits your needs.

B-i3-8
    CPU: Intel Core i3 8100, 4 cores - 4 threads @ 3.6 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB DDR4
    Storage: 120 GB SSD or 2 TB HDD
    Traffic: 25 TB
    Port speed: 1 Gbps

Monthly price: 25 euro (~27,5 USD)

Order link: https://clients.skb-enterprise.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=141

All our dedicated servers: https://skb-enterprise.com/dedicated-server/
    Control panel features: https://skb-enterprise.com/dedicated-server/control-panel

Network: AS64425
    Datacenter: Amsterdam area, The Netherlands

• @skbenterprise: So that comes with 5 IPs and IPMI/KVM?

@skbenterprise

Thanks, your BW is impressive but you do not include 5 IP4.

Also, for €25/mo I can get a dual L5630 dedi with double the memory and incl. a /29. Of course those cores are much slower than yours but (a) its double the number of cores plus they support HT, and (b) I'm not looking for a fast and modern CPU.

• @jsg said:

@AlexBarakov... their servers are way too big for this request.

That is a very peculiar phrasing for LET.
    I guess you can ask for single socket if you're green-inclined. shrugs

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

We can offer the following VDS:

4x CPU cores Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5
    8 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    150 GB SSD storage
    5 IP addresses
    500 Mbit port speed
    15 TB bandwidth

€ 20.00 per month
    If you want to order, please email us or send a PM.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

@jsg please do be sure to carefully review the TOS offered by @spectraip as well (some discussion in a previous thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160252/eu-nl-kvm-ssd-vps-starting-at-2-50-per-month/p1) ... I'm sure there may be a good explanation - but that thread strikes me as a missed opportunity to directly answer some sincere questions. :neutral:

the deals look good, the hardware and network seem potentially okay - so would certainly hope for the best (and we might leave the rest of that saying as an exercise for the interested student of left-handed compliments)

seriously though, @spectraip - what's up with that TOS ...?

• @spectraip said:
    We can offer the following VDS:

4x CPU cores Intel Xeon E3-1230 v5

€ 20.00 per month

Dedicated cores?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • debaser said: Dedicated cores?

my best guess from reading between the lines in an earlier thread is that the CPU vcores are shared but unmetered.

spectraip said: Yes, all resources are dedicated. No overselling. You are allowed to use 100% of the resources. We have a TOS in English available.

@spectraip - apologies if I may be misunderstanding anything in my interpretation - would encourage you to clarify as necessary - and recognize the inevitable likelyhood of at some miscommunication here. Hopefully easily corrected with your attentive response. :)