Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Limited (3) 100GB NVMe $6/m KVM VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Limited (3) 100GB NVMe $6/m KVM VPS

2»

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:
    though I think I would have been okay with a larger amount of SSD space in my use case instead.

If you need more, PM me or open a ticket. If space is available on the system it can be done. Thanks though.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • williewillie Member

Had something like this from ExtraVM's BF promo a couple years ago. Couldn't believe it, fastest VPS I ever had despite the ping distance. Kept renewing month after month even though it was idling, because it was hard to let go of a VPS that responsive. Finally did manage to cancel it but man it was nice while I had it.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2019

Wanted to do a quick 3 month in update to my review:

Pros:

• Quick deployment
    • Snappy interface
    • Easy rDNS updates
    • IPv6
    • Reasonable support ticket response time ( 1-3 hours) with comprehensive replies
      Continued to work through complex issue until a mutual resolution could be found without becoming frustrated and left ticket open without trying to quickly push the issue to resolved.

• Stable - After my original issue, things have now been stable for the last 3 months

Cons:

• Initially the node my server was on was not stable and would reboot randomly (though after several ticket responses back and forth where the host took responsibility and was honest about the issue, I was moved to a now stable node)
    • Small disk size -- however, noting it is NVMe space and more premium, this really is to be expected, though I think I would have been okay with a larger amount of SSD space in my use case instead. (to note, I was offered some more for free but didn't take them up on it cause it wasn't needed for now, thanks for the offer anyways @MikeA )

Summary:
    Highly recommended!

There were some initial growing pains going in, however, support was responsive and honest. They calmly worked through the issue and offered multiple options as solutions instead of forcing the issue - refund, moving to another node, etc. Sent out an announcement to all customers on the affected node and communicated well with customers during the migration to a new node - which after the services have now been stable.

Panel was easy to use and offered all the functionality I was looking for. Server deployment was painless and the server snappy. rDNS updates can be done from the panel easily.

Overall usability, ease of setup and quality is a 10/10 after 3 months of services. Have a 6 month term, so will try to check back as that term ends with any changes in service level.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Wanted to do a quick 3 month in update to my review:

Pros:

• Quick deployment
    • Snappy interface
    • Easy rDNS updates
    • IPv6
    • Reasonable support ticket response time ( 1-3 hours) with comprehensive replies
      Continued to work through complex issue until a mutual resolution could be found without becoming frustrated and left ticket open without trying to quickly push the issue to resolved.

• Stable - After my original issue, things have now been stable for the last 3 months

Cons:

• Initially the node my server was on was not stable and would reboot randomly (though after several ticket responses back and forth where the host took responsibility and was honest about the issue, I was moved to a now stable node)
    • Small disk size -- however, noting it is NVMe space and more premium, this really is to be expected, though I think I would have been okay with a larger amount of SSD space in my use case instead. (to note, I was offered some more for free but didn't take them up on it cause it wasn't needed for now, thanks for the offer anyways @MikeA )

Summary:
    Highly recommended!

There were some initial growing pains going in, however, support was responsive and honest. They calmly worked through the issue and offered multiple options as solutions instead of forcing the issue - refund, moving to another node, etc. Sent out an announcement to all customers on the affected node and communicated well with customers during the migration to a new node - which after the services have now been stable.

Panel was easy to use and offered all the functionality I was looking for. Server deployment was painless and the server snappy. rDNS updates can be done from the panel easily.

Overall usability, ease of setup and quality is a 10/10 after 3 months of services. Have a 6 month term, so will try to check back as that term ends with any changes in service level.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

That's a good review i am also a happy customer of ExtraVM from last 2 years. There are a few things missing from your review:

Firewall Rules / Mitigation Activation / DDos Attack Notifications these all features that ExtraVM integrated into their interface through OVH API are not available in VMs offered by most of the OVH providers

Thanks guys,

• I'd like also to comment on extravm. I have been using them for 3 years (anti ddos game vps) and I have had very good uptime and the times when the vps did go down such as when all of BHS was offline I was promptly given credit no ticket required. I've had no attacks leak through the filter and excellent performance.
    Overall extremely excellent service from @MikeA especially at the price point.

@AlexJones said:
    I'd like also to comment on extravm. I have been using them for 3 years (anti ddos game vps) and I have had very good uptime and the times when the vps did go down such as when all of BHS was offline I was promptly given credit no ticket required. I've had no attacks leak through the filter and excellent performance.
    Overall extremely excellent service from @MikeA especially at the price point.

3 years? Long time for a VPS, thanks :smiley: