Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud block storage available. Cluj promo continues $3 2GB RAM, 20GB NVMe. Free DirectAdmin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud block storage available. Cluj promo continues $3 2GB RAM, 20GB NVMe. Free DirectAdmin

intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

Cloud block storage cloud volumes powered by OpenStack and Fleio are now available in Cluj region.

Both SSD and HDD backed storage is available.

For enhanced safety and performance your data is kept in 3 copies on 3 different physical servers.

You can create and manage the block storage volumes and compute instances (virtual machines) from:

Create volumes, attach them to virtual machines (multiple volumes can be attached), extend size, detach from one VM, attach to another and pay per GB-hour.

SSD backed storage

• write speed up to 700 MiB/s
  • price: $0.00012 / GBh or $0.08 / GB / month
  • no extra cost for I/O operations
  • minimum size: 20 GB
  • allowed size: 20 increments

So if a 20 GB SSD volume is used for the whole month it costs $1.60 / month.

HDD backed storage

• write speed up to 320 MiB/s
  • price: $0.000075 / GBh or $0.05 / GB / month
  • no extra cost for I/O operations
  • minimum size: 20 GB
  • allowed size: 20 increments

So if a 20 GB HDD volume is used for the whole month it costs $1 / month.

Block storage volumes created in Cluj can be attached to any of your Cluj compute instances.

The Cluj promo for compute instances is still running

M2

• 2 GB RAM
  • 20 GB SSD NVMe RAID 10
  • 1 vCPU
  • 1 TB month traffic
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • 1 IPv6 address
  • Free DirectAdmin

$3 / month or $0.0045 / hour

DirectAdmin license activation requires VPS paid for full month, not hourly.

* Any of our services requires that you add a $10 credit on sign-up. You can use the credit for any IntoVPS service from any region.

See compute instances full pricing list (includes Windows and Cluj, Bucharest, Amsterdam, London, Fremont, Dallas regions): https://intovps.com/all-plans.html

The data center

• GTS Cluj, tier III data center
  • GTS is part of the Deutsche Telekom group
  • connectivity is also provided by GTS

The hardware

• CPU: 2 x Intel® Xeon® Silver 4116, 12 cores, up to 3.00Ghz
  • RAM: 256GB ECC DDR4@2666Mhz
  • Storage: 4 x Samsung PM983 OEM U.2 NVMe - 1.92TB in RAID10
  • Local network: 2 x 40G fibre channel bond
  • 1Gbps internet uplink
  • NVMe SSD in RAID10

Some more pictures from the Cluj data center:

The network

Available options

• packages from 2GB RAM to 64GB RAM
  • cPanel/WHM license from $16 / month - https://intovps.com/cpanel-vps.html
  • extra IPv4 $1 / month
  • Windows license from $6
  • servers in Bucharest, Amsterdam, Londra, Dallas, Fremont, Cluj

Why choose IntoVPS

• We've been in the hosting business since 2004 selling hosting on elvsoft.com. Elvsoft has was renamed to Hosterion in November 2016. IntoVPS, our unmanaged VPS brand, was launched in June 2009.
  • IntoVPS received the first order and deployed the first OpenVZ 6 VPS on 25/06/2009 22:07
  • Hosterion is a Google Cloud Platform partner, Microsoft Certified Partner with the Hosting Competency, cPanel NOC partner, DirectAdmin partner, RIPE, ARIN and APNIC member
  • cloud based on OpenStack and Fleio
  • 99.9% uptime guaranteed.
  • No overloaded servers.
  • we offer additional IPv4 addresses for your VPS
  • We have actual support staff, full time in house employees, working in 3 shifts, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Here's how some of our support guys look like in our office backyard :)

To deploy compute instances and block device volumes, sign up for a cloud account ($10 credit pre-pay)

Looking for shared web hosting or managed VPS? See https://hosterion.com

Comments

• Do you offer windows server 2012/2016?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited September 2019

@DarkCarnage said:
    Do you offer windows server 2012/2016?

I see 2016 available in Fleio, and they advertise windows licenses for from $6/m

Thanked by 1intovps
  • Romania is @cociu territory. You must pay 3 months of sex with your sister to him.

• @shallownorthdakota said:
    Romania is @cociu territory. You must pay 3 months of sex with your sister to him.

LowEndTurf wars

• Cluj Napoka?!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@LTniger said:
    Cluj Napoka?!

An important romanian city.

Thanked by 2intovps Sofia_K
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2019

@intovps

Not trying to be a dick here, but I don't believe this offer actually follows the rules. The rules state the barrier for entry for a server should be $7.00, here you are forced to deposit $10.00 before you can even test the service. For me this is a huge turn off. If I want to test you service out, I should be able to deposit the smallest amount that actually lets me purchase a server, in this case $3.00 not $10.00. Then I should be able to add more credit as I wish to continue the service.

In effect you are forcing anyone who wants to just try your product into not just 1 but 4 months of services, because at 3 months you won't have even completed the use of your funds as you were force to top up $10, instead of what would make more since to be $9.00 at least so its an even amount of months at the lowest tier.

I also don't see any language here about if you will refund my money if I decide I don't like your services? It seems once I put my $10.00 in if I don't even like the service after an hour I am stuck having $9.xx of credit that I will never be able to get back.

I get this is a new location and your trying to make a good deal, but when I see people advertise like this, both requiring more than the LoweEndTalk limit and not providing any information about if I can be refunded, if I don't care for your services, are huge deal breakers for me and I am sure many people who come look at this ad.

You should really do the following:
    1. Lower the minimum investment to match the cost of a single month of your lowest tier services
    2. At minimum you should meet the $7.00 LoweEndTalk limit
    3. You should detail the process of getting a refund if the person doesn't wish to continue services.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Thanks to the thread bumpers for reminding me of this inexpensive nvme KVM option.

I need to make a shortlist of these on my personal wiki . My memory is now turning volatile.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • I may be a cheapsteak, but the HDD price is a bit expensive IMO. Not looking for costs like BuyVM, but even AWS is cheaper ($0.045/GB in W. Verginia), and another well known provider providing HDD storage at $0.03/GB.

Other than that, I really love Fleio (except for this weird issue where I am always stuck on intovps.cloud/sso?something and I have to manually enter intovps.cloud on my browser), and the cluj location seems awesome!

Thanked by 1intovps
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:

I also don't see any language here about if you will refund my money if I decide I don't like your services? It seems once I put my $10.00 in if I don't even like the service after an hour I am stuck having $9.xx of credit that I will never be able to get back.

There have been many discussions on the utility/validity of $ 10 charge in the past, you might want to check previous threads. and as a (once) paying customer (and maybe again soon : once I locate my login credentials), here is my experience:

a. After a week of use I got a full refund of 10 $ from @intovps
    b. My ticket with request for a refund was responded to in less than an hour, politely and courteously. (making me actually feel sorry for leaving)
    c. The email I received mentioned funds might take longer to credit- PP refund came an hour later.

This was back in July, so only 2 months ago. Also see: https://img.gaatha.net/JohBYr

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019

@vimalware said:
    Thanks to the thread bumpers for reminding me of this inexpensive nvme KVM option.

I need to make a shortlist of these on my personal wiki . My memory is now turning volatile.

Don't worry. If your memory fails you can always resort to our Oracle of Profound LET Wisdom, A.K.A. @uptime

Thanked by 2vimalware uptime
  • intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug thanks for the feedback.

I believe we conform to this rule:

Only post offers that are under $7/month or equivalent recurring.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019

In case we don't, would be useful to get a ping from a mod.

The thing is it's not fun to pay $0.50 to PayPal from a $3.00 payment.
    Anyhow, PM me if you want to make a $3 initial payment.

We do offer refunds:

1. What guarantee do I have, if I am not satisfied?
      We offer a seven-day-money-back guarantee. If our service does not live up to your expectations, simply contact us within seven days of sign-up and ask for a refund. If you order a free software license you are no longer entitled to a refund. It is not required, but your feedback is highly appreciated.

https://intovps.com/faq.html

Indeed I should have added it in the post.

The refund process: just open a ticket.

Thanked by 1uptime

@sanvit said:
    Other than that, I really love Fleio (except for this weird issue where I am always stuck on intovps.cloud/sso?something and I have to manually enter intovps.cloud on my browser), and the cluj location seems awesome!

I'll pass this to the devs. Thanks.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

ITLabs said: If your memory fails you can always resort to our Oracle of Profound LET Wisdom

:blush:

and to be sure I do now try to remember intoVPS when some relevant criteria are mentioned - such as hourly billing or DirectAdmin. I am under the impression that they are a quality service.

Just to note the one thing that got in the way of me trying them out for myself - when I tried to sign up in back in March, for some reason my order got flagged by MaxMind and they requested I send a photo ID with same address as my order. Reasonable enough I suppose but at that point I chose not to follow up (and my drivers license lists a previous address anyway so might have been yet a bit more complication to deal with.)

(Ticket #959017 if anyone cares to review it.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @sanvit Could you tell me what browser are you using and if you have cookies enabled? Could you also confirm that you do not deactivated http referers are enabled?

@uptime said:

ITLabs said: If your memory fails you can always resort to our Oracle of Profound LET Wisdom

:blush:

and to be sure I do now try to remember intoVPS when some relevant criteria are mentioned - such as hourly billing or DirectAdmin. I am under the impression that they are a quality service.

Just to note the one thing that got in the way of me trying them out for myself - when I tried to sign up in back in March, for some reason my order got flagged by MaxMind and they requested I send a photo ID with same address as my order. Reasonable enough I suppose but at that point I chose not to follow up (and my drivers license lists a previous address anyway so might have been yet a bit more complication to deal with.)

(Ticket #959017 if anyone cares to review it.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for your words. On it (the ticket, I mean).

And now it's time to try to translate a joke from Romanian, since Google could't help with an English version:

A guy walks into a bank and says:

"I want to open a savings account and put some shitty money in your shitty bank."
    "Sir, I will have to ask you to watch your language."
    "What do you mean!? That's just the way I talk, now open that god damn savings account."
    "Sir, we have strict rules regarding language here!"
    "What!? Le'me talk to your manager!"
    "Sure. One second."

The manager comes at the frontdesk:
    "Hello, Sir. How may we help you?"
    "I want to open a savings account and put some shitty money in your shitty bank."
    "How much would you like to deposit?"
    "One million dollars."
    "And this bitch refuses to help you!?"

@uptime, I'm sure you'll create one thousand VPS'es in our system, that's the whole point ...

Thanked by 2uptime pullangcubo
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

@intovps - I get it, and I'm glad to know your wonderful staff is diligent in keeping sketchy customers from abusing your system.

MaxMind surely can go piss up a rope though! :smiley:

As for the "one thousand VPS'es" ... I dunno about that, but I might actually make good use of an instance in Fremont. And would possibly be more naturally inclined to mention how well it works for me, of course. Hopefuly it could be possible able to arrange some other way to verify my legitimacy at some point in the not-too-distant future?

Thanked by 1niceboy

@uptime, all done

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:
    MaxMind surely can go piss up a rope though! :smiley:

True. I remember trying to order from Inception Hosting and had the same maxmind issue. Anthony insisted on a photo id and I silently moved away after requesting a phone call as an alternative verification. For me its not a big deal as every business owner has right to protect his business. Fortunately, there is no lack of alternative reliable providers here!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2019

[ITLabs said]if your memory fails you can always resort to our Oracle of Profound LET wisdom.

Will the LET Oracle offer one year of free cloud hosting as well?

they requested I send a photo ID
    (and my drivers license)

@uptime
    Hope you have the same colorful picture in your license as your LET avatar.

Thanks to this discussion, I reactivated my intovps account

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited September 2019

I keep accidentally typing intovps.com/domain.com instead of dns, damn you guys :smiley:

Thanked by 2pullangcubo intovps
  • @intovps said:

@sanvit said:

I'll pass this to the devs. Thanks.

This issue has been bugging me for quite sometime, Ticket#466593 already submitted and I guess your team is looking into it.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2019

intovps said: The thing is it's not fun to pay $0.50 to PayPal from a $3.00 payment.

Okay, so follow my logic for a second... If you know there is extra overhead on $3.00 then make the initial tier $3.25-$3.50, that's still reasonable and you can recoup the extra $0.25-$0.50 from the people who only purchase a single server and don't want to keep $10.00 of credit in their account (or more than needed for that month). People can more easily understand that then having to put more than they need in up front. This also make the next tier up seem more attractive and like your getting a deal for $6.00.

That would fix your 'no fun to pay fee' and actually improve the visibility of the second tier of service. If the product is as good as you say, you should want people to be on the higher tiers anyways, this is a good way to facilitate that.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited September 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:

intovps said: The thing is it's not fun to pay $0.50 to PayPal from a $3.00 payment.

Makes sense and I see where you are coming from.... except: (and the below is not to contradict you but comes from my bias to pay for longer terms than monthly, so caveat emptor)

a. Then there should be a monthly tier of $3.5 and not $3- because the PP fee would be per transaction, which might mean more plans, more accounts, more overheads.
    and
    b. I hope that you (or others) are not in a country with high foreign exchange fluctuations. This morning I paid 1.5 USD more (local currency converted to US dollars) for renewing for a quarter, compared to last time. This was over a base of 10 USD. This change happened in two months' time because the Rupee fell in that period.

The reverse argument can also be made : if the local currency keeps falling, then it makes sense to pay for longer periods.

As you may see, PP (or financial systems in general) are the true beneficiary here, not you, me or Intovps in either scenario.

c. To top it all, I am sure the folks at @intovps have been in business long enough to determine what works best for them :-)

CentOS 8, that was just released [1], is now available in all our six locations.

[1] https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2019-September/023449.html

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @vyas11 said:
    The reverse argument can also be made : if the local currency keeps falling, then it makes sense to pay for longer periods.

Amen. This latest cycle made me go aggressively annual.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • Now I have to spend more money! Why do you keep doing this....

Excellent service and support, keep it up!

@proxie said:
    Now I have to spend more money! Why do you keep doing this....

Excellent service and support, keep it up!

thank you :smile: