Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[LIMITED] Special $1 VPS + up to 65% off HDD VPS from VEESP - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[LIMITED] Special $1 VPS + up to 65% off HDD VPS from VEESP

2»

Comments

• Grabbed one :D

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@BigBigWolf said:
    Your friend must haven't used Extravm yet.
    Extravm DDR4 ECC write & read Have 4000Mb/s score.
    I use the LemonBench to test it.

Normal DDR3 is 950Mb/s - 3000Mb/s.

Pardon me but you are in the wrong department. This here is LET, the "LE" standing for "low end" (priced).

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • laji,thanks.

• I have a $1 sandbox VPS, works great sofar

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Your mails are going to the spam folder with gmail

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited October 2019

was hoping for $1/year vps...

• @Chuck said:

agreed this is a little too pricey for me...

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • @SirFoxy said:

@Chuck said:

agreed this is a little too pricey for me...

Yeah. At least make it 1 Gb like Aruba :)

• active8active8 Member
    edited October 2019

Just try to order , I live in EU and suddenly the 1 dollar VPS is changing to 1 Euro exc VAT and its now 1,21 euro.

So your post is misleading for LET users inside EU, please change your advertising

• @active8 said:
    Just try to order , I live in EU and suddenly the 1 dollar VPS is changing to 1 Euro exc VAT and its now 1,21 euro.

So your post is misleading for LET users inside EU, please change your advertising

Unfortunatley, like death, taxes (VST in EU, GST in India) and PP fees, etc. are inevitable. Yes, a line (or two) by the provider in future posts would be helpful but sad reminder of this fact. Op cannot update the post as you may be well aware.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

reminds me of hostrail and greenvaluehost

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2019

@vyas11 said:

@active8 said:

Unfortunatley, like death, taxes (VST in EU, GST in India) and PP fees, etc. are inevitable. Yes, a line (or two) by the provider in future posts would be helpful but sad reminder of this fact. Op cannot update the post as you may be well aware.

I think that @active8 has a legitimate complaint. The last time that I checked, and this still seems to be the case, the advertised dollar prices suddenly turn into euro prices for EU residents at the time of ordering ($1 -> €1). Other providers don't do this. (VAT is another matter -- this is okay.)

Thanked by 1active8
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2019

@angstrom said:
    The last time that I checked, and this still seems to be the case, the advertised dollar >prices suddenly turn into euro prices for EU residents at the time of ordering ($1 -> €1). Other providers don't do this. (VAT is another matter -- this is okay.)

Edit: I DO stand corrected: I had not changed the country last time. Ran the same experiment this time (VPN, EU location, changed country to Belgium) and voila! Rates change to euro plus the VAT. That's a problem, missed realizing that in post by @active8

Original response:
    Hmm...checked with VPN - EU location (Brussels, did not order of course), and I did not see the auto conversion. HDD sandbox plan is showing in USD.
    Same for HDD 1.

That's why I had mentioned in my earlier post "a line (or two) by the provider in future posts would be helpful" --> till they should fix the issue that is under their control. Maybe now they did? Otherwise, I stand corrected on a part of my previous statement.

Thanked by 2angstrom active8
  • @vyas11 said:

@angstrom said:
    The last time that I checked, and this still seems to be the case, the advertised dollar >prices suddenly turn into euro prices for EU residents at the time of ordering ($1 -> €1). Other providers don't do this. (VAT is another matter -- this is okay.)

Edit: I DO stand corrected: I had not changed the country last time. Ran the same experiment this time (VPN, EU location, changed country to Belgium) and voila! Rates change to euro plus the VAT. That's a problem, missed realizing that in post by @active8

Yes, it's a problem, and minimally, the dual-pricing system should be announced upfront.

(I pointed this out in a comment a couple of years ago, but @Veesp didn't seem to think that it was a problem.)

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited October 2019

Great deal, might pick up one to try if I find a use for it!

Edit: Bandwidth overseas (to Americas) is a bit slow... It sometimes even drops to 6KB/s!!! Max download is a bit over 1MB/s, I checked with a few VPSs I have to make sure it's not my internet connection.

Appears to be routed via Cogent or HE to Americas for me, could be the cheap bandwidth that it preferred to use overseas...

• I had the $1 sandbox for a month and it was working fine for me except the transfer speeds to my other VPS in NY was also pretty slow.

• Any suggestions on a good network speed test script?

• Hi, Where is the datacenter?

• @sjkme said:
    Any suggestions on a good network speed test script?

YABS (iperf3)

• @ITLabs said:

@sjkme said:

YABS (iperf3)

thanks @ITLabs used this script before, seems to hang up and become unresponsive on my hostsolutions vps. i think it might be a bit too much for it.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @sjkme said:

@ITLabs said:

@sjkme said:

YABS (iperf3)

thanks @ITLabs used this script before, seems to hang up and become unresponsive on my hostsolutions vps. i think it might be a bit too much for it.

One does not benchmark HS. You simply trust it.

• Decided to give them ago. Great vaule :smile:

• @sjkme said:

Try this one https://bench.monster/speedtest.html

Thanked by 1sjkme
  • @SpeedTest said:

@sjkme said:

Try this one https://bench.monster/speedtest.html

Will do, thanks