Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[EU-NL] KVM SSD VPS starting at € 2.50 per month!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[EU-NL] KVM SSD VPS starting at € 2.50 per month!

spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

SpectraIP is a large server provider in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

SpectraIP offers virtual servers, dedicated servers and colocation on a rock-solid redundantly connected network (AS62068), connected to redundant fibre-optic connections, redundant cooling and power connection. We have a monthly uptime guarantee of 99.9%.

Can’t find the deal you’re looking for below or at our website? Just contact our sales department and we’re happy to send you a custom offer matching your requirements. We offer (dedicated) servers at beating prices.

Why SpectraIP?

• Trusted company, providing services since 2013
  • Secure order process and automatic administration
  • We believe in freedom on the internet
  • 99.9% uptime guarantee
  • No contracts, servers can be billed month-to-month
  • Bandwidth, server and rDNS management
  • IRC, game servers, streaming, shoutcast, VPN and adult content allowed
  • Support at your service 24/7, including holidays
  • All hardware and IP space is owned by SpectraIP
  • Instant setup!

VPS X1
€ 2,50 per month

1 GB DDR4 RAM
1 CPU core
30 GB SSD
1 TB bandwidth
Order here

VPS X2
€ 5,00 per month

2 GB DDR4 RAM
1 CPU core
60 GB SSD
2,5 TB bandwidth
Order here

More packages: SpectraIP VPS

Additional discount:
Quarterly payment: 5% discount
Payment per half year: 10% discount
Payment per year: 15% discount

Payment methods:

• PayPal
  • Creditcard
  • Bitcoins
  • Altcoins
  • Wire transfer
  • iDEAL
  • MisterCash

SpectraIP B.V.

Network: AS62068
Contact details: https://spectraip.net/contact
Dutch CoC number: 70348677

Business address:
Bruynvisweg 11
1531 AX Wormer
Netherlands

Thanked by 1miu

Comments

• miumiu Member
    edited September 2019

Hello

network speed / uplink? 100Mbit or 1Gbit??
    any looking glass for network test?
    % of vcore dedicated?
    it's all KVM virtualization right?

thanks

Thanked by 1spectraip
  • spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

@miu said:
    Hello

network speed / uplink? 100Mbit or 1Gbit??
    any looking glass for network test?
    % of vcore dedicated?
    it's all KVM virtualization right?

thanks

Hi,

VPS nodes have 10 Gbps uplinks, port speed is 1 Gbit.
    We can offer you a trial VPS, please send me a PM / email ([email protected])

CPU cores are dedicated, KVM VPS.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thanked by 2uptime miu
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

@spectraip said:
    CPU cores are dedicated

for reals ...?

I can haz dedicore for €2.5/m ...?

I am want to be smoking some of that strong hashish too please!

Seriously, this looks very nice - but please do clarify before the miners come to feast like a swarm of locusts! :smiley:

(Generally the expected/accepted terminology might be "shared vcore" - unless you really are okay with people exercising the CPU at 100% 24/7?)

EDIT2:

this image in particular really speaks to me ... "the brutal power and high uptime"

now that's what I'm talking about!

for sure, the marketing department knows what's up. :)

EDIT3:

Ooof. Terms of service is a 4 page pdf, in Dutch ... https://spectraip.net/assets/files/terms/algemene-voorwaarden-spectraipbv.pdf

this part looks important:

Artikel 7: Verboden activiteiten
    7.1 Artikel 8 is van toepassing op al onze Diensten en Producten.
    7.2 SpectraIP is ten alle tijden gerechtigd de Diensten van Klant op te schorten bij (vermoeden van) (in)direct misbruik van de Dienst en hiervoor meerwerk in rekening te brengen.
    7.3 Alle doeleinden welke in ieder geval onder verboden activiteiten vallen zijn in artikel 8.3 opgesomd. Indien er twijfel is of een bepaalde activiteit niet in dit artikel is opgenomen is het aan SpectraIP om te beoordelen of deze activiteit verboden is.
    7.3.1 Het is Klant verboden de Diensten te gebruiken als (D)Dos netwerk, het versturen van overmatig veel e-mails (spamdoeleinden) of activiteiten die hier affiniteit mee hebben.
    7.3.2 Het is Klant verboden de Diensten te gebruiken te gebruiken voor oplichting.
    7.3.3 Het is Klant verboden de Diensten te gebruiken voor het openbaar maken van wettelijk strafbaar materiaal en/of te gebruiken voor wettelijk strafbare feiten/doeleinden.
    7.3.4 Het is Klant verboden de Diensten te gebruiken voor het hosten van materiaal welke met auteursrechten is/zijn beschermd.
    7.4 Klant is en blijft verantwoordelijk voor alle content, activiteiten en gebruiken op de door SpectraIP geleverde Diensten.
    7.5 Het is Klant niet toegestaan BMC- en/of IPMI-gegevens aan te passen op servers eigendom van SpectraIP. Indien dit wordt geconstateerd wordt per geval en per server € 50,00 gefactureerd ter vergoeding van de herstelwerkzaamheden. Hierbij komen garanties met betrekking tot uptime (omschreven in het SLA) tijdens het terugzetten te vervallen.

hmmm ... okay. According to teh google translate, more or less standard stuff:

Article 7: Prohibited activities
    7.1 Article 8 applies to all our Services and Products.
    7.2 SpectraIP is entitled at all times to suspend the Customer's Services in the event of (suspected) (in) direct abuse of the Service and to charge additional work for this.
    7.3 All purposes which in any case fall under prohibited activities are in Article 8.3 summed up. If there is any doubt whether a certain activity is not included in this article, it is up to SpectraIP to assess whether this activity is prohibited.
    7.3.1 The Customer is prohibited from using the Services as a (D) Dos network, sending excessive e-mails (spam purposes) or activities that have an affinity with this.
    7.3.2 The Client is prohibited from using the Services for scams.
    7.3.3 The Client is prohibited from using the Services to make publicly available material and / or to use it for legal offenses / purposes.
    7.3.4 The Client is prohibited from using the Services for hosting material that is / are protected by copyright.
    7.4 The Customer is and remains responsible for all content, activities and uses on the Services provided by SpectraIP.
    7.5 The Client is not permitted to adjust BMC and / or IPMI data on servers owned by SpectraIP. If this is found, € 50.00 will be invoiced per case and per server to compensate for the repair work. Hereby guarantees regarding uptime (described in the SLA) during the restore expire.

(I'm looking for details about CPU limits on the cloud service offer ...)

EDIT4:

Didn't find anything about CPU use in the TOS yet ...

but did find this little bit of food for thought:

8.4 Klant zal geen communicatie met SpectraIP openbaar maken en/of aan derden overhandigen en/of laten inzien. Hiermee worden o.a. gevoerde gesprekken, e-mailwisselingen, support/ verkoop/ administratie tickets, offertes, (chat) gesprekken e.d. mee bedoeld.

According to google translate:

8.4 Customer will not make any communication with SpectraIP public and / or hand it over to third parties and / or to view it. With this, inter alia, conducted conversations, e-mail exchanges, support / sales / administration of tickets, quotations, (chat) conversations and the like.

Hmmm. Not sure what to make of that one, really.

8.5 Geen van beide partijen zal zonder schriftelijke toestemming van de wederpartij in publicaties of reclame-uitingen van de details van de Overeenkomst en/of Algemene Voorwaarden melding maken.

("translated" - sort of ...):

8.5 Neither of the parties shall publish in publications or without the written permission of the other party advertisements of the details of the Agreement and / or General Terms and Conditions notification to make.

Nope. Lol. I don't agree to this - and it is difficult for me to imagine ever wanting to knowingly enter into any such contract with these "brutal" terms. (And to be clear - the discussion here with these excerpts from the TOS published on the spectraip website is most certainly "fair use" in terms of any potential copyright claims - good luck with that one!)

With all due respect - @spectraip - what's up with this seemingly heavy-handed legalese? Am I misunderstanding the intent of the original document? Perhaps it is meant for confidentiality with regard to custom pricing in a special offer or something? Given that it is entirely Dutch to me - I'm not sure if something might be getting lost in translation here ...

Thanked by 2ITLabs 1nf
  • Dedicate? For real?

Yes, all resources are dedicated. No overselling. You are allowed to use 100% of the resources. We have a TOS in English available.

• What CPU is used?

• 1 ) Do you allow Windows OS

2 ) How much for below config

2 GB DDR4 RAM
    2 CPU cores
    60 GB SSD
    2,5 TB bandwidth

• @zuby2402 said:
    What CPU is used?

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 v5 @ 3.60GHz

• miumiu Member
    edited September 2019

some bench results (i think good offers - accurate performance for these prices)

also what is important for me - on provider page is real contact - address and phone (no only WHM contact form by another "invisible & for nothing responsible one man company" which harvest money from people and then are immediately away forever = deadpools (last case & example infinityhost. scammers..))

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 v5 @ 3.60GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency : 3600.004 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 95.0 GB (1.3 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 3789 MB (78 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 4095 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 1 hour 1 min
    Load average : 0.09, 0.12, 0.09
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64
    I/O speed(1st run) : 312 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 199 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 366 MB/s
    Average I/O speed : 292.3 MB/s

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 v5 @ 3.60GHz
    CPU cores: 2
    Frequency: 3600.004 MHz
    RAM: 3.7G
    Swap: 4.0G
    Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64 x86_64

Disks:
    vda 100G HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
    1.322 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
    4.520 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
    0.903 seconds

ioping: seek rate
    min/avg/max/mdev = 113.0 us / 274.3 us / 9.16 ms / 148.9 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
    generated 3.59 k requests in 5.00 s, 897.2 MiB, 717 iops, 179.4 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 307.08 MiB/s
    2nd run: 409.13 MiB/s
    3rd run: 339.51 MiB/s
    average: 351.91 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
    your IPv4: 185.224.130.xxxx

Cachefly CDN: 63.04 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL): 56.06 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US): 7.39 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR): 45.13 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA): 8.68 MiB/s
    OS Name : CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core) N (64 bit)
    Kernel : KVM / 3.10.0-957.1.3.el7.x86_64
    Hostname : 2gb.vps.test
    CPU Model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 v5 @ 3.60GHz
    CPU Cores : 2 cores @ 3600.004 MHz
    CPU Cache : 4096 KB
    Total RAM : 3789 MiB (Free 3475 MiB)
    Total SWAP : 4095 MiB (Free 4095MiB)
    Total Space : 97GB (2% used)
    Running for : 27 minutes 0 seconds

CDN Speedtest

CacheFly : 62.82 MiB/s | 502.53 Mbps | ping 1.282ms
    Gdrive : 44.05 MiB/s | 352.37 Mbps | ping 1.327ms

North America Speedtest

Softlayer, Washington, USA : 5.23 MiB/s | 41.85 Mbps | ping 80.740ms
    SoftLayer, San Jose, USA : 1.39 MiB/s | 11.11 Mbps | ping 145.156ms
    SoftLayer, Dallas, USA : 3.82 MiB/s | 30.54 Mbps | ping 111.180ms
    Vultr, New Jersey, USA : 21.08 MiB/s | 168.65 Mbps | ping 81.391ms
    Vultr, Seattle, USA : 11.16 MiB/s | 89.28 Mbps | ping 148.411ms
    Vultr, Dallas, USA : 15.58 MiB/s | 124.66 Mbps | ping 121.553ms
    Vultr, Los Angeles, USA : 11.42 MiB/s | 91.33 Mbps | ping 148.945ms
    Ramnode, New York, USA : 5.60 MiB/s | 44.79 Mbps | ping 81.805ms
    Ramnode, Atlanta, USA : 2.80 MiB/s | 22.40 Mbps | ping 92.627ms
    OVH, Beauharnois, Canada : 5.51 MiB/s | 44.10 Mbps | ping 84.996ms

Europe Speedtest

Vultr, London, UK : 59.22 MiB/s | 473.74 Mbps | ping 7.507ms
    LeaseWeb, Frankfurt, Germany : 51.73 MiB/s | 413.87 Mbps | ping 8.276ms
    Hetzner, Germany : 36.30 MiB/s | 290.37 Mbps | ping 11.420ms
    Ramnode, Alblasserdam, NL : 37.52 MiB/s | 300.12 Mbps | ping 2.593ms
    Vultr, Amsterdam, NL : 62.48 MiB/s | 499.86 Mbps | ping 1.749ms
    EDIS, Stockholm, Sweden : 2.33 KiB/s | 0.02 Mbps | ping 23.711ms
    OVH, Roubaix, France : 44.92 MiB/s | 359.35 Mbps | ping 9.463ms
    Online, France : 50.10 MiB/s | 400.79 Mbps | ping 17.059ms
    Prometeus, Milan, Italy : 20.23 MiB/s | 161.85 Mbps | ping 59.417ms

RAM Speed (1024MB):
    Avg. write - 3481.6 MB/s
    Avg. read - 7577.6 MB/s

Thanked by 3angstrom uptime ITLabs
  • @miu said: some bench results (i think good offers - accurate performance for these prices)

If the resources are dedicated, then their offers are very interesting, but they don't appear to say anything about dedicated resources when advertising their offers on their web site. Kind of odd, this.

But what @uptime pointed out above in their ToS is a little worrisome, because it seems to say that one could not use ticket correspondence with them as a source of evidence to show to a third party, if necessary.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2019

@spectraip

Maybe you should mention in the OP that you charge more for using PayPal (just to be clear, all credit cards are run through PayPal also):
    PayPal (€ 0.35 + 3.40%)

Kind of annoying only seeing this at checkout. It is a deal breaker for me when you don't know about it up front then right as your getting ready to complete the purchase find it written next to the PayPal option.

Either state it up front or don't charge any different than you do for using any other payment source. It's disingenuous and quite frankly insulting to some extent.

Surprised doing that isn't against PayPal's TOS as well?

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• spectraip said: We have a TOS in English available.

If you could be so kind as to provide a link here to the TOS in English ...?

• Do you support BGP Sessions?

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    @spectraip

... charge more for using PayPal
    PayPal (€ 0.35 + 3.40%)

Thanks mate.

Surprised doing that isn't against PayPal's TOS as well?

I'm pretty sure it is. 🤔

I suppose some providers use creative methods to get around PP's TOS clause about this.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

vimalware said: I'm pretty sure it is.

You sure it is against their European/ Dutch policies? Most, if not all, Dutch hosting providers charge end users for using PayPal. It would not make sense to me they are all willingly breaking PayPal ToS.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

@RickBakkr said[
    Most, if not all, Dutch hosting providers charge end users for using PayPal.

Certainly not all - as I am sure that at least liteserver.nl does not. (Not for me anyway.)

I'm wondering if you might perhaps be able to give some examples of others that do ...?

@uptime said:
    I'm wondering if you might perhaps be able to give some examples of others that do ...?

Callum indeed doesn’t, then again Callum also isn’t that big of a fish. Looking at parties like Versio, TransIP, Vimexx - I believe they charge. Do note how they charge exactly what the payment provider charges them. It is not to make a profit, it is meant to cover the cost of the convenience of using a specific method. I have paid Spectra using a bank transfer earlier, fairly sure no cost was involved. I believe it makes sense to charge the customer if he wishes to pay using a specific method. Do note how those are aimed at the Dutch hosting market and hence might be unknown to random Jack over here.

Thanked by 2vimalware uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

@RickBakkr thanks for that info - on a tangential note, I have to say: Dutch providers do seem to have a knack for picking cool names. :)

How is your experience with @spectraip by the way? (Or don't tell me they had you agree to an NDA that prohibits any further shitposting on LET? Lol j/k ... I think.)

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019

@uptime said:
    Dutch providers do seem to have a knack for picking cool names. :)

Also on a tangential note, the coolest name for a provider I've ever seen is cheapasshosting (co.uk) :lol:

Thanked by 1uptime

@uptime said:
    How is your experience with @spectraip by the way? (Or don't tell me they had you agree to an NDA that prohibits any further shitposting on LET? Lol j/k ... I think.)

I have never had any hosting services with them, so I am hardly in any position to judge. However, the contact I have had with Lucas was and is superb.

My best guess would be the TOS is a little reserved to “cover their arses” and isnt by any means meant as a “how to strangle our customer”. Although the data center they are based has a little questionable history, I have no doubt you get a great VM and excellent personal support for a ridiculously low price.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Windows Server 2012 rs2 trail available?

• @RickBakkr said:

@uptime said:

I have never had any hosting services with them, so I am hardly in any position to judge. However, the contact I have had with Lucas was and is superb.

My best guess would be the TOS is a little reserved to “cover their arses” and isnt by any means meant as a “how to strangle our customer”. Although the data center they are based has a little questionable history, I have no doubt you get a great VM and excellent personal support for a ridiculously low price.

We don't necessarily doubt what you say, but it would be nice if @spectraip (= Lucas?) were a bit more responsive in this thread.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

RickBakkr said: My best guess would be the TOS is a little reserved to “cover their arses” and isnt by any means meant as a “how to strangle our customer”. Although the data center they are based has a little questionable history, I have no doubt you get a great VM and excellent personal support for a ridiculously low price.

angstrom said: We don't necessarily doubt what you say, but it would be nice if @spectraip (= Lucas?) were a bit more responsive in this thread.

I want to believe ... OP please deliver! :smiley:

• @uptime said: I want to believe ... OP please deliver! :smiley:

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime
  • @uptime said:

RickBakkr said: My best guess would be the TOS is a little reserved to “cover their arses” and isnt by any means meant as a “how to strangle our customer”. Although the data center they are based has a little questionable history, I have no doubt you get a great VM and excellent personal support for a ridiculously low price.

angstrom said: We don't necessarily doubt what you say, but it would be nice if @spectraip (= Lucas?) were a bit more responsive in this thread.

I want to believe ... OP please deliver! :smiley:

Don't worry, bcause...

Thanked by 1uptime
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2019

@RickBakkr said:

vimalware said: I'm pretty sure it is.

You sure it is against their European/ Dutch policies? Most, if not all, Dutch hosting providers charge end users for using PayPal. It would not make sense to me they are all willingly breaking PayPal ToS.

Just because people do this doesn't make it right nor does it make it not against their policies, it just simply means no one has taken the time to complain about it to PayPal. I guarantee you PayPal has similar wording in all of their contracts, they don't want people discouraging use of their product at checkout, which is what happens when you are not up front about charging more for using the service and then add wording at checkout to make PayPal seem less attractive by stating that they will be passing on what is essentially the fees they have to pay. However, that isn't even the case here either, the standard PayPal fees are 2.9% and $.30 per transaction and here it appears they are even trying to profit off the fee, charging 3.4% and $.35 to the end user to use the service.

Past that, now this may have changed, but credit card companies for a long time have had a policy in their merchant contract that states you can't charge a user a credit processing fee for using the service. There are still people that do it, but that doesn't mean it isn't against the agreement. The merchant will be fined if someone reports this is happening though. I would assume PayPal similarly has a way for enforcing the rules as well but only pursues it when reported.

TL;DR:
    Regardless of that whole wall of text, let me state it this way. There is a reason it isn't being displayed up front, the seller knows this will discourage purchase, so instead they pull you in with a low cost service and bend you over at check out. This is dishonest (bait and switch). Unless you are trying to cheat your customer, you should be disclosing such costs before the person makes it to the check out line or decides on making the purchase, not just when they get to the checkout lane with items in hand and find out the item they thought was $2.50 is now $2.94 or to translate this into a larger service, if the service costs $100.00 it's now $103.76, etc.

Maybe in Europe you guys don't care and let people get away with such dishonest things, or maybe even don't care, however, for me that is dishonest and a deal breaker.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

@DarkCarnage said:
    Windows Server 2012 rs2 trail available?

Sure, it's possible.

--

If anyone has any questions about our terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

This can be done using the following methods:

• I like your service

Thanked by 1spectraip

@anny said:
    I like your service

Good to hear :smiley:

• QuartermasterQuartermaster Member
    edited December 2020

My opinion from my experience: I would not recommend SpectraIP.

Due to the customer contract that people have noted above, I cannot provide specific details of the tickets.

I'm a very low maintenance customer, IF the console/control panel tools work as any average user would expect them to. After documenting the IP information, I do my own OS installs by loading netboot.xyz as a custom ISO, followed by patching and hardening, and I always use oversized VPS instances so I'm not creating noisy VM neighbour problems. I run my own network and servers elsewhere in Europe, so I'm not a noob spinning up their first VM.

Because of the issues I had with SpectraIP, I never got to use the service properly to do a custom OS install and set up my minio instance so I can't speak for performance or uptime.

I am marking this up to a loss of my money and time, and I am moving on.

I wish SpectraIP well in their business, but for my needs (which are very simple.. I expect things to work) the service did not live up to my low (because of the price) expectations

For what it's worth, I get MUCH better service and pricing from @cociu...