Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[LIMITED] Special $1 VPS + up to 65% off HDD VPS from VEESP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[LIMITED] Special $1 VPS + up to 65% off HDD VPS from VEESP

VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep

Hey, how are doing? Still can't get rid of regrets after missing the last Black Friday deals?)

But why all the best offers must be reserved for just one day when we have the whole other 364? Here is what we've got for you already today:

$1/mo HDD Sandbox VPS

• CPU: 1 vCore
  • RAM: 512MB
  • SAS HDD: 10GB
  • Traffic: 100GB
  • Bandwidth: 200Mbps
  • Price: $1/mo (it is a fixed recurring price, it won't change in the future until you upgrade or cancel the server)
  • The offer is limited to 1 server per client
  • The number of servers is limited

|-> Order Now <-|

Up to 65% off all the other HDD VPS plans

Use the promo code THERETURNOFHDD2019 to get a 50% discount on your first payment for any of our HDD VPS plans (except the above $1 Sandbox).

The discount is multiplied with our regular billing cycle discounts (10% quarterly, 20% semi-annually, 30% annually), so you can get 65% off the first year:

• HDD 1 (2 vCores/1GB RAM/50GB HDD/Unmetered 200Mbps) for $25.2/year
  • HDD 2 (2 vCores/2GB RAM/100GB HDD/Unmetered 200Mbps) for $42/year
  • HDD 4 (2 vCores/4GB RAM/200GB HDD/Unmetered 200Mbps) for $84/year
  • And take a look at the bigger plans

The number of codes is limited, one client can use the code only once. The code works for both current and new customers.

Our looking glass: http://lg.veesp.com/
Uptime statistics: https://status.veesp.com/

Enjoy!

Comments

• No Debian 10 :(

• miumiu Member
    edited September 2019

@lebidule said:
    No Debian 10 :(

YES, end of the world and all absolutely unusable, because no debian 10 (y)

• VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

@lebidule said:

We have a Debian 10 ISO available in the control panel to boot up and set up the OS.

• Please don't send password in plain text. This is 2019 already

Thanked by 1EquinoxHost

@Aluminat said:
    Please don't send password in plain text. This is 2019 already

Right and SSL/TLS is a must in 2019.

Thanked by 1EquinoxHost

@lebidule said:

Just added a Debian 10 template, now you can deploy it in a couple of clicks

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Location? St. Petersburg or where?

@jsg said:
    Location? St. Petersburg or where?

Yes, St. Petersburg, Russia

Thanked by 1jsg
  • Is it possible to get a BGP session full table (read only)? I am not looking to announce anything - just route collect.

Thanks.

@hzr said:
    Is it possible to get a BGP session full table (read only)? I am not looking to announce anything - just route collect.

Thanks.

Sorry, unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment

• The 1€ HDD Sandbox looks tempting!
    Now give it 1GB of RAM and continue @ArubaCloud 's legacy. ;)

edited September 2019

Here is a quick benchmark & (very) short review of both the 1$ and 'HDD1' VPS.

First the 1$ thingy

Machine: amd64, Arch.: amd64, Model: QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    OS, version: FreeBSD 12.0, Mem.: 473 MB
    CPU - Cores: 1, Family/Model/Stepping: 6/13/3
    Cache: 32K/32K L1d/L1i, 2M L2, ? L3
    Std. Flags: fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
              cflsh mmx fxsr sse sse2 sse3 cx16 hypervisor
    Ext. Flags: syscall nx lm lahf_lm

--- proc/mem/performance test ---
    single core: 223.77 MB/s
    multi-core:  247.63 MB/s

--- disk test ---
    Sequential writing:  40.64 MB/s
    Random writing:      3.93 MB/s
    Sequential reading: 538.24 MB/s
    Random reading:     546.80 MB/s

--- network test  ---
    OK,LON: 68.6 Mb/s
    AU_MEL:  19.8 Mb/s
    IN,CHN: 30.4 Mb/s
    SG_SGP: 27.1 Mb/s
    DE,FRA: 128.3 Mb/s
    IT,MIL: 70.4 Mb/s
    FR,PAR: 95.3 Mb/s
    RU_MOS: 179.1 Mb/s
    BR,SAO: 21.0 Mb/s
    US_DAL: 32.7 Mb/s
    US,SJC: 26.4 Mb/s
    US,WDC:  28.6 Mb/s
    JP,TOK: 22.3 Mb/s
    RO,BUC: 68.5 Mb/s
    GR,UNK: 46.4 Mb/s
    NO,OSL: 94.0 Mb/s

Now, that's really damn decent for a $1 VPS thingy! I'm enchanted as I have seen much worse at the lowest end. Also note the network! That's better than quite a few benchmarks I did on $7 VPSs.

Highly recommended. You can't go wrong with that thingy unless unless you have strongly disk-bound operations (e.g. DB), but then, who would run those on a $1 VPS?

Now the 'HDD1' VPS for about 25€ per year (after the rebate with the code given above by @Veesp)

Machine: amd64, Arch.: amd64, Model: QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    OS, version: FreeBSD 12.0, Mem.: 985 MB
    CPU - Cores: 2, Family/Model/Stepping: 6/13/3
    Cache: 32K/32K L1d/L1i, 2M L2, ? L3
    Std. Flags: fpu de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36
              cflsh mmx fxsr sse sse2 sse3 cx16 hypervisor
    Ext. Flags: syscall nx lm lahf_lm

--- proc/mem/performance test ---
    single core: 227.28 MB/s
    multi-core:  492.34 MB/s

--- disk test ---
    (Total size per test = 256 MB)
    Sequential writing: 56.01 MB/s
    Random writing:     4.79 MB/s
    Sequential reading: 468.34 MB/s
    Random reading:     586.34 MB/s

--- network test ---
    OK,LON: 114.1 Mb/s
    AU_MEL: 17.7 Mb/s
    IN,CHN: 27.2 Mb/s
    SG_SGP: 27.4 Mb/s
    DE,FRA: 93.6 Mb/s
    IT,MIL: 110.4 Mb/s
    FR,PAR: 109.3 Mb/s
    RU_MOS: 202.0 Mb/s
    BR,SAO: 23.6 Mb/s
    US_DAL: 32.7 Mb/s
    US,SJC: 28.8 Mb/s
    US,WDC: 33.0 Mb/s
    JP,TOK: 21.2 Mb/s
    RO,BUC: 67.3 Mb/s
    GR,UNK: 42.0 Mb/s
    NO,OSL: 110.6 Mb/s

I'm wondering what one gets for double the price of the 1€ thingy? Looking closer I find that that's the wrong question. The correct question is "how on earth did Veesp manage to offer such a decent $1 package?". What I mean is that there is not much wrong with this larger and "real" VPS but that the 1$ thingy is a real VPS. It's just a "smaller version".

The positive (of both): The CPU is decent (but beware, there is no AES flag and some others are missing too) and the memory is decent too. Plus the network is (a wee bit inconsistent but) really good.

The negative is the disks. Not because they are kind of slowish (well, they are spindles) but because they are flaky as hell. I did a couple of runs of my benchmark and the results were very different, different as in a value jumping between 12 and 400!

Summary:

I'm not against spindle VPS, they are OK for many things and, depending on ones knowledge and resources (e.g. memory) and workload they can be quite similar in effective performance as SSD VPSs.
    But Veesp's spindles really suck! They are obviously overloaded and my VPS basically plays lottery at each disk access; it might hellish slow, it might be pleasantly high or it might be anywhere between.
    But their network is very nice for that price range and their processors is quite decent, too (minus the very tight flags selection).

For the normal full price I wouldn't even consider those VPS, but with the 50% off price those VPSs are a good option for many tasks, particularly ones with low disk access.

Side note, that really deserves to be mentioned: their support is really great. Quick as in a response in less than 30 min., helpful/knowledgeable and friendly.

Side note 2: Since quite some time now I do all my benchmarks preferably on FreeBSD because the disk results are more realistic.

For those who mentioned Aruba: nope, Aruba's 1$ VPS was sh_tty compared to the 1$ offer from Veesp which is a real VPS albeit a small one.

• KVM, OVZ6, 7 or what?

• Really like yhe clientarea design :)

No custom ISO support?

• KVM

Thanked by 1Veesp

@tetech said:
    KVM, OVZ6, 7 or what?

KVM

edited September 2019

@sanvit said:
    Really like yhe clientarea design :)

No custom ISO support?

We do support clients custom ISO, just open a ticket with the direct link!

• What happens if I exceed my traffic allowance? Is there an option to have the server shut off instead of being charged overages?

• Bad CPU,Bad I/O Bad Memory.
    The CPU is Xeon X56xx.
    Memory Write & Read is only 500Mb/s.(Normal DDR3 is 3500-5000Mb/s)

I/O is not very bad,still have 120Mb/s score.

But The network is super fast.I think that it is the best network vps in Russian at this price.

RUVDS provide lower price than Veesp and better performance.But their network oversell incrediblely.Instead,Veesp is the opposite.

edited September 2019

@Dwayne said:
    What happens if I exceed my traffic allowance? Is there an option to have the server shut off instead of being charged overages?

If you exceed your traffic the server just will be suspended, so you won't be charged

• Any chance of a recurring offer on the HDD line up? (excl. Sandbox)

• @beagle said:
    Any chance of a recurring offer on the HDD line up? (excl. Sandbox)

wait BF. he can do better offer :)

@BigBigWolf said:
    Bad CPU,Bad I/O Bad Memory.
    The CPU is Xeon X56xx.

You say that based on what?

My benchmark does quite memory intense testing and the results do absolutely not suggest bad memory (nor a poor CPU).

And btw, where is the barrier for a VPS CPU? AFAIC a CPU and memory with a 200+ score in my benchmark is really OK for a low priced VPS.

A friend of mine has a 4 core VPS with Veesp since years and he is very happy (and certainly not clueless).

Thanked by 1Veesp
  • Can someone help me understand what a "Sandbox VPS" is? How does it differ than a normal VPS?

• @Skidmark said:
    Can someone help me understand what a "Sandbox VPS" is? How does it differ than a normal VPS?

lingo to say not for production but dev

• @SirFoxy said:

Does that imply my data may disappear at any time? Or more that uptime is going to be awful?

@Skidmark said:

@SirFoxy said:

Does that imply my data may disappear at any time? Or more that uptime is going to be awful?

Neither. I tested the "sandbox", see above. It's actually a quite decent little thingy that even has 512 MB RAM (and not the usual very low end 128 or 256 MB).

While I certainly wouldn't use it for a heavy dynamic web site (e.g. Wordpress, PHP, MySql) it's perfectly up to serve as a name server or a (not too large/heavily frequented) (largely) static web site.

@beagle said:
    Any chance of a recurring offer on the HDD line up? (excl. Sandbox)

Sorry but not for now

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited September 2019

@Skidmark said:

@SirFoxy said:

no it's just not guaranteed like a full price product it doesn't imply it's bad but it's not expected to be amazing for the price

• BigBigWolfBigBigWolf Member
    edited September 2019

@jsg said:

@BigBigWolf said:
    Bad CPU,Bad I/O Bad Memory.
    The CPU is Xeon X56xx.

You say that based on what?

My benchmark does quite memory intense testing and the results do absolutely not suggest bad memory (nor a poor CPU).

And btw, where is the barrier for a VPS CPU? AFAIC a CPU and memory with a 200+ score in my benchmark is really OK for a low priced VPS.

A friend of mine has a 4 core VPS with Veesp since years and he is very happy (and certainly not clueless).

Your friend must haven't used Extravm yet.
    Extravm DDR4 ECC write & read Have 4000Mb/s score.
    I use the LemonBench to test it.

Normal DDR3 is 950Mb/s - 3000Mb/s.
    Fixed it.

And certainly,at this price,Veesp is the best valuable.Very suitable for VPN.