Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubuntu 14.04 server request in EU.. Anyone still has this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubuntu 14.04 server request in EU.. Anyone still has this?

stefemanstefeman Member
edited September 2019 in Requests

VZ Type: KVM

Number of Cores: Any
RAM: 1 GB or more
Disk Space: Any
Disk Type: Any

Bandwidth: 1 TB or more (Most likely gonna use 100 GB at max but I like the 10x or more headroom)
Port Speed: 1Gbps shared fair use

DDoS Protection: Not needed, but it doesen't matter even if there are such thing.

Number of IPs: 1x IPv4

Budget: 20 USD/month

Billing period: Monthly as this is a short term project based on age old code which I might or might not continue after the first month, hence why I offer 20 USD.

Additional information cause im asking old crap distro: Nothing illegal, just old piece of shit production software which only runs 14.04 right now for god knows why. I would take extra steps to protect the server with keyfiles and etc. Yes I know the distro is outdated, and I just need some time to debug this. I couldnt get the network up for this for various reasons on my personal proxmox node so Im outsourcing this lol.

Email ports can be blocked, I do not mind.

Comments

• I see that BuyVM has Ubuntu 14.04 available in their VPS management panel. Same goes for Hosthatch (even if they didn't have it, you can load your own ISO via a download URL).

I'm sure other a lot of other providers here would also let you provide your own ISO if you ask.

• Bought from BuyVM, lets hope the distro still updates..

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Still supported 2 1/4 years.

• @Neoon said:

Normal support ended on 25 April of this year. There is an extended support option for after this date but it costs.

• You could just upload the iso though in case your provider of choice supports iso. But BuyVM will work anyway :D

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2019

Yeah.. Its horrendous.. Good thing I tested the software with BuyVM before wasting more money on fixing this stuff. Might as well code from ground up.. Thanks everyone.

Thread can be closed. In the end I only lost few euros. not too bad for the knowledge if the software works or not.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @stefeman said:
    Yeah.. Its horrendous.. Good thing I tested the software with BuyVM before wasting more money on fixing this stuff. Might as well code from ground up.. Thanks everyone.

Thread can be closed. In the end I only lost few euros. not too bad for the knowledge if the software works or not.

What software are you using? :)

@angstrom said:

@Neoon said:

Normal support ended on 25 April of this year. There is an extended support option for after this date but it costs.

What?! bloody hell.

• axzxc1236axzxc1236 Member
    edited September 2019

@Neoon said:
    What?! bloody hell.

It got free support for 5 years, how long do you expect Canonical to support it for free?

Thanked by 2vimalware maverickp

@axzxc1236 said:

@Neoon said:
    What?! bloody hell.

It got free support for 5 years, how long do you expect Canonical to support it for free?

Well Win7, had 10 Years, now they charge you XXX$ per year.

• @Neoon said:

@axzxc1236 said:

@Neoon said:
    What?! bloody hell.

Comparing Ubuntu with Win7 in this respect is probably not a fair comparison. (Minimally, one has to purchase Win7.)

If one has a company that depends on Ubuntu, it's probably worth paying for the extended support. For everyone else, 5 years is very reasonable.

Anyway, there's always CentOS if one wants 10 years of support for free.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Ive still got it for you and can offer a KVM VPS in NL :smile:

SPECIAL II
    1 Core (Xeon E5 Series)
    1GB RAM
    35 GB SSD,
    500 GB Traffic
    1Gbps Port
    Netherlands
    1x IPv4
    $9.50/Quaterly
    $18/Semi-Annually
    $30/annualy

https://hostslick.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=189

• Contact me via Support or DM for monthly :smile:
  • @Neoon said:

Normally one is required to pay for Windows systems.

If you pay Canonical through Ubuntu Advantages, they will be happy to give you extra support.

• doesn't anything with custom ISO support will able to install 14.04? am I missing something?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I will provide it if you are happy to pay an hourly rate for my time if it gets compromised and causes issues?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2019

@omelas said:
    doesn't anything with custom ISO support will able to install 14.04? am I missing something?

Me in the same boat as we and any other provider can load any iso for customers, if customer need old OS no issues!

@AnthonySmith said:
    I will provide it if you are happy to pay an hourly rate for my time if it gets compromised and causes issues?

If correctly secured at the setup don’t need to sort out later, firewall + fail2ban + plenty of other tools still available and work under old OS

WebProject said: available and work under old OS

You run your business on windows XP don't you...

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3

@AnthonySmith said:

Nope, we don’t use windows, but plenty businesses in UK still running XP and Win7 without any official support!

• @WebProject said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Nope, we don’t use windows, but plenty businesses in UK still running XP and Win7 without any official support!

@WebProject said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I know, the fucking idiots.

• I recommend use 18.04 on host system and dockerize your application with 14.04 base image.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith Quinten
    edited September 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

@WebProject said:

@AnthonySmith said:

100% agree, they do use various excuses not to upgrade... as we have tried to fix the issue in one company with small project.

@AnthonySmith said:

Running Windows XP on LES, perfect.