Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Real NVMe Deal 80GB NVMe and 6GB ram for 7$/month - servaRICA - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Real NVMe Deal 80GB NVMe and 6GB ram for 7$/month - servaRICA

Comments

• @jsg said:
    OK, here's the test/benchmarks results:

Thanks for dedicating your time and energy into these (always comprehensive) reviews. ;-)

Thanked by 1jsg
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@niceboy said:
    Is it possible to move my ssd vps(same price) to nvme offer + extra directadmin license?

sure just open a ticket although it will take a bit longer to move and upgrade due to number of orders we are getting

• Able to upgrade resources?

100mbit port to 1gbit port metered?
    additional RAM?
    additional CPU?
    additional STORAGE?
    Windows 2019 Server?

Thanks for info!

• Can join your affiliate program without place an order?

@manlivo said:
    Can join your affiliate program without place an order?

you can place an order and not pay for it
    then open a ticket to ask to enable affiliate

we will delete the order after that

@doughnet said:
    Able to upgrade resources?

yes i will explain down

100mbit port to 1gbit port metered?

it will be free to upgrade to 1gbps with a limit we are working out the details and updating our automation and control panel to support that

for unlimited 1gbps we dont offer it yet

additional RAM?
    additional CPU?
    additional STORAGE?

for ram , cpu and storage we allow you to multiply the resources of the vm
    so for 14$ you get double the resources in one vm and so on
    for now we dont support individual resource upgrade

Windows 2019 Server?

you can custom install it from iso if you want
    I will check if we can make the template for it ready

I tried to answer last 2 questions yesterday but LET was so slow I couldnt

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you know that we have been working hard to overcome the disk speed issues to get the real potential of NVMe

Well we got close

The disk performance improved up to 2X to 3X times compared to the time of the release of this plan

Although the perfomance is still less than what the NVMe that we use can provide but this is comparable or better to other NVMe offers in the market

we will plan to move all users who already ordered with zero downtime to new servers where we fixed the issue and any new order will be on new servers (will fix the old servers as well)

if @jsg or @Falzo want to test will provide test vps

if you want me to run any test let me know what the test and i will run it

Thanked by 2cybertech dahartigan
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited September 2019

@Hani said:

I'm close to do my write up but I'm willing to do another round of tests.
    If you reopen my access and if you finally solve that ugly "payment reminder" issue. As is well known and agreed upon, I do not charge anything for my tests nor do I pay for access to the test server.
    Unfortunately I received another reminder after your support promised to solve/cancel that mistake.

@jsg said:

@Hani said:

I'm close to do my write up but I'm willing to do another round of tests.
    If you reopen my access and if you finally solve that ugly "payment reminder" issue. As is well known and agreed upon, I do not charge anything for my tests nor do I pay for access to the test server.
    Unfortunately I received another reminder after your support promised to solve/cancel that mistake.

no more emails

I just created new vps

Thanks

Thanked by 1jsg
  • Can somebody post geekbench result?

• cwilkinscwilkins Member
    edited September 2019

Just signed up and paid for one month of service to test as a possible replacement for another VPS I have. I can confirm that I/O speed is higher that the above results, but I seeing very poor network speeds. See below for my results.

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 2593.546 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 79.0 GB (12.0 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 5929 MB (2358 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1023 MB (21 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 1 hour 1 min
    Load average : 0.10, 0.06, 0.13
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 4.15.0-62-generic

I/O speed(1st run) : 403 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 486 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 529 MB/s
    Average I/O speed : 472.7 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed

CacheFly 205.234.175.175 2.50MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP 139.162.65.37 693KB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 552KB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 1.03MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 912KB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 1.82MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 1.73MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 1.19MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 1.07MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 749KB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 741KB/s

Test file from http://162.250.190.17/file_100MB.bin is currently only coming down to me (Calgary AB 750/750) at around 900 KB/s.

A few questions:

1) Can we request the PTR record for these VPSes be updated? This is a must for my use case.
    2) How do you go about requesting the doubling of the resources for the VPS and does the monthly cost just double?
    3) Are the above network results normal? If not, what do we need to do to fix it?
    4) If the VPS passes my tests, can I request to be moved to a yearly billing cycle?

@cwilkins said:

there was a networking issue just fixed few moments before
    you can rerun your test

sorry for that

A few questions:

1) Can we request the PTR record for these VPSes be updated? This is a must for my use case.

yes sure just open a ticket and it will be done

2) How do you go about requesting the doubling of the resources for the VPS and does the monthly cost just double?

yes monthly cost double currently you can do it by ticket but if there is enough interst we can add it as plan to make everyone life easier

3) Are the above network results normal? If not, what do we need to do to fix it?

not normal at all there was a networking issue it was just fixed now so the numbers should go back to normal

4) If the VPS passes my tests, can I request to be moved to a yearly billing cycle?

yes sure any time

• @Hani said:

A few questions:

yes sure just open a ticket and it will be done

yes monthly cost double currently you can do it by ticket but if there is enough interst we can add it as plan to make everyone life easier

not normal at all there was a networking issue it was just fixed now so the numbers should go back to normal

yes sure any time

Thank you for the quick reply! I will retest and then post the results for people to see here.

• Very improved. See below:

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 2593.546 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 79.0 GB (22.0 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 5929 MB (2588 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1023 MB (197 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 2 hour 29 min
    Load average : 0.35, 0.40, 0.17
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 4.15.0-62-generic

I/O speed(1st run) : 492 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 502 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 559 MB/s
    Average I/O speed : 517.7 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 84.7MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP 139.162.65.37 7.33MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 5.26MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 14.4MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 16.0MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 25.9MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 36.7MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 29.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 12.6MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 7.46MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 8.18MB/s

Will be testing an upload from my home PC as I will be doing a restore of some data for testing, but if the above hold true, very pleased so far.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Just a quick frontup info

@Hani said:
    Just wanted to let you know that we have been working hard to overcome the disk speed issues to get the real potential of NVMe

The disk performance improved up to 2X to 3X times compared to the time of the release of this plan

Yes, I can confirm that the disk speed is now much higher.

More and details later ...

• Is it possible to enable nested virtualization?

@dahartigan said:
    Is it possible to enable nested virtualization?

yes we support it , you have to open ticket to enable it though

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Geekbench test anybody?

edited September 2019

@Luke007 said:
    Geekbench test anybody?

one of our admins generated it when you first asked for it but i forgot to add it here
    here they are

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/122514

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14599978

Thanked by 2uptime Luke007
  • cwilkinscwilkins Member
    edited September 2019

@Hani said:

Hello Hani,

What about going 3 or 4 times the resources? So right now I have it doubled (8xCPU, 12 GB Ram) but what about going to 12 or 16 CPU and 18 or 24 GB of Ram? I noticed that when I doubled the resources I did not get a second IP, is there the option of adding a second IP as well?

Still very happy with the VPS, and starting more testing to see if I can use this one VPS to replace all of my other ones, and so far it is doing very well taking over for 2 of my services.

Great Job on this!

@cwilkins said:

@Hani said:

Hello Hani,

What about going 3 or 4 times the resources? So right now I have it doubled (8xCPU, 12 GB Ram) but what about going to 12 or 16 CPU and 18 or 24 GB of Ram? I noticed that when I doubled the resources I did not get a second IP, is there the option of adding a second IP as well?

Still very happy with the VPS, and starting more testing to see if I can use this one VPS to replace all of my other ones, and so far it is doing very well taking over for 2 of my services.

Great Job on this!

you can go 3x 4x or even 10x on all resources except the cpu it cant scale the same way as disk and ram
    So to keep it simple here are 2 plans we created

on NVMe Cheetah 2 you can get shared 8 cores instead of 4 dedicated if you like
    NVMe Cheetah 2

4 CPU cores dedicated
    18GB RAM
    240gb NVMe disk
    Unlimited 100mbps Bandwidth
    IPv4 - Upto 3 IPs free

for 20$/month

https://servarica.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=409

NVMe Cheetah 3

8 CPU cores dedicated
    60GB RAM
    800gb NVMe disk
    IPv4 - Upto 3 IPs free

for 60$/month

https://servarica.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=410

we still didnt create bigger plans not sure if there will be market for bigger

for the second ip open ticket and you will get it

Glad that you like the vps

• @Hani said:

you can go 3x 4x or even 10x on all resources except the cpu it cant scale the same way as disk and ram

NVMe Cheetah 2

4 CPU cores dedicated
    18GB RAM
    240gb NVMe disk
    IPv4 - Upto 3 IPs free

for 20$/month

Oh, I'm done my testing, just backing up my data and getting ready to wipe the VPS. This would cover all my needs. Any chance the support team can swap me to this one, and charge me the difference?

What about custom ISOs? With support for nested virtualization, dedicated cores, and the large ram count I'd love to run something like ESXi or Proxmox to split up the VPS into smaller ones for each of my services. (Looks like you do support custom ISOs, just went back up the chain)

NVMe Cheetah 3

8 CPU cores dedicated
    60GB RAM
    800gb NVMe disk
    IPv4 - Upto 3 IPs free

for 60$/month

Not bad either! But for 60 US per month I'd just move over to a dedicated server or look at colo one of my R710s, but for users who have this level of need and don't want to move to a dedicated server, this is a good deal too.

I've been looking for something in Canada, and when I saw this I had to jump and test it out. Prices in Canada for VPS servers are always higher, but this offer pulled it into a similar cost as the ones I have in the US. And the performance is good, at least good enough for my needs.

Oh, I'm done my testing, just backing up my data and getting ready to wipe the VPS. This would cover all my needs. Any chance the support team can swap me to this one, and charge me the difference?

yes actually they can either charge you the diff and reinstall to the new specs or they can upgrade your current vps by extending disk , adding ram etc

What about custom ISOs? With support for nested virtualization, dedicated cores, and the large ram count I'd love to run something like ESXi or Proxmox to split up the VPS into smaller ones for each of my services. (Looks like you do support custom ISOs, just went back up the chain)

exact we support that many users use custom iso

I've been looking for something in Canada, and when I saw this I had to jump and test it out. Prices in Canada for VPS servers are always higher, but this offer pulled it into a similar cost as the ones I have in the US. And the performance is good, at least good enough for my needs.

perfect :)

• @Hani said:

@cwilkins said:

@Hani said:

Hello Hani,

Great Job on this!

NVMe Cheetah 2

4 CPU cores dedicated
    18GB RAM
    240gb NVMe disk
    IPv4 - Upto 3 IPs free

for 20$/month

NVMe Cheetah 3

8 CPU cores dedicated
    60GB RAM
    800gb NVMe disk
    IPv4 - Upto 3 IPs free

for 60$/month

Could we use 100% all resource for all time? Is cheetah 1 dedicated too?

@pongo said:

Cheetah 1 is not dedicated you will need to keep the usage average to 25% , you can have spikes less than 2 hours if more you will get limited for 2 or 4 hours then the limit will be lifted

it is very liberal policy and it only limit the cases when users are doing full 100% workloads for very long time (those users should go with any other plan on our site since everything else has dedicated cpu)

every other plan on our website including cheetah 2 and 3 have dedicated CPU

RAM and disk are always dedicated and you can use them fully

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @Hani said:

@pongo said:

Cheetah 1 is not dedicated you will need to keep the usage average to 25% , you can have spikes less than 2 hours if more you will get limited for 2 or 4 hours then the limit will be lifted

it is very liberal policy and it only limit the cases when users are doing full 100% workloads for very long time (those users should go with any other plan on our site since everything else has dedicated cpu)

every other plan on our website including cheetah 2 and 3 have dedicated CPU

RAM and disk are always dedicated and you can use them fully

Could i get package with less ram and less ip for cheetah 2(dedicated core) for less price?

@pongo said:
    Could i get package with less ram and less ip for cheetah 2(dedicated core) for less price?

With 4 dedicated cores we cant , as even if you take less ram the number of VMs we can put on the server is already decreased since the cores now are reserved . so if no one ask for the extra ram it will just go to waste .

we can give you different package with 2 dedicated cores which has less ram and disk than cheetah2 and it will be cheaper

for the IPs it wont make a difference if you take all 3 ips or 1 in the price

Thanks

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited September 2019
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------         
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz
    Number of cores      : 4
    CPU frequency        : 2593.486 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 79.2 GB (59.1 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 5933 MB (3029 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 7 days, 0 hour 43 min
    Load average         : 0.23, 0.36, 0.46
    OS                   : Debian GNU/Linux 9
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.15.18-20-pve
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 204 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 336 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 355 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 298.3 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         11.5MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP              139.162.65.37           4.36MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            3.90MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           10.9MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           11.2MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             11.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           10.6MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          10.0MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            6.02MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           3.12MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          3.59MB/s

Bench.sh for this plan

• Follow up from testing with this VPS. Speed has been consistent, both on the network and the disk.

I could never get nested virtualization to work. Tried it on the following OSes. I might try again later,

ESXi -> could not install. Error about the network card.
    Promoxo -> Installed and setup just fine. However you can't start a VM. When you do, it crashes Promoxo. Does not matter what OS you try to use for a VM.
    Windows 2016 -> HyperV errors out about a service not running.
    VMware Workstation -> Similar error to HyperV.

I'm going to try again later, but for now this VPS is humming along underutilized running my mail server.