Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8ch.net revived soon? nslookup returns IPs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

8ch.net revived soon? nslookup returns IPs

Thanked by 1uptime

Comments

• LET is the new 8chan

Thanked by 3Spectr TerensM ITLabs
  • SpectrSpectr Member
    edited September 2019

IPs belong to "NT Tech" nttec.com
    Interesting

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited September 2019

Spectr said: IPs belong to "NT Tech" nttec.com

Interesting

went to their site nttec.com. It's so broken. The customer login link doesn't works!!!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

What a trash site. But I hope it comes back up, because I don’t think what I like has any value in dictating that.

Thanked by 2level6 uptime
  • Wasn't "free speech" rather an alibi than a reality when it comes to 8ch? What exactly on 8ch was so important for humanity that it should be protected by something as important as free speech?

• @Amitz apparently their anime section was top-notch, really something to die for

but I am blissfully ignorant of the gory details

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • and there is 7chan too! I just stumbled upon when I was looking WTF is actually 8 chan and found out about anime on it!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2019

@Amitz said:
    Wasn't "free speech" rather an alibi than a reality when it comes to 8ch? What exactly on 8ch was so important for humanity that it should be protected by something as important as free speech?

If being important for humanity is the criteria for silencing someone, I think me and you are right out. The world keeps spinning through all varieties and degrees of atrocities, just be consistent in your principles whatever they may be. For me that sometimes means supporting people I don’t particularly like. As a provider I’ve always supported people I personally consider offensive, dangerous, etc. Because I think ideas are killed by better ones, not by turning their followers into martyrs. If anything, trying to silence them turns them into a “cause” and that just attracts more people to them.

8chan has a heavy following of people who are considered crazy by the metrics defined by a lot of other people, and the more they feel persecuted the more others want to join them, I think. I’d rather give them their corner. I think that’s the best way to handle this internet thing we all love so much.

Just my 2c anyway. Tis only one perspective.

Thanked by 2dedipromo Amitz
  • Better question would be, who gives a shit if it comes back really?

• @Amitz said:
    What exactly on 8ch was so important for humanity that it should be protected by something as important as free speech?

8chan is a platform where people can create their own board and fill it with the content they want. Additionally to the crazy boards everybody knows 8chan for, there were a ton of SFW, actually nice, places to hang out.

Thanked by 2Amitz uptime
  • *chan is definitely on my "who gives a shit" list.

Thanked by 2uptime AuroraZ