Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dyndns.org oracle forgot pay domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dyndns.org oracle forgot pay domain

Comments

• What?

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Honestly, why don't people buy the domains for at least 5 years?

• @armandorg said:

I wonder too.

edited September 2019

@muffin said:

@armandorg said:

I wonder too.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

that was funny and was expecting that too. Need to have more clients to be able to pay the domain renew price, too expensive : *

@muffin said:

@armandorg said:

I wonder too.

Not to mention i forgot myself to pay the domain in time, untill i was noticed by a person here on the forum.

Thanked by 1muffin
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@armandorg said:

But that does not fix the problem, after 5 years.
    Its infinite.

• The domain mine,nu has already active now, how much they pay? :D

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

@armandorg said:

Often this problem crops up in larger (than typical LET providers) companies when you do pay the domain very far in advance.

E.g. the guy that has handled it for 10 years leaves and the new guy comes in, doesn't know the domain needs renewed at X date and a couple of years later everything is on fire because the domain expired and the warning email went to the original guy who left's deactivated inbox.

Same happens with non-automated SSL certs.

• rcxbrcxb Member
    edited September 2019

@jackb said:
    a couple of years later everything is on fire because the domain expired and the warning email went to the original guy who left's deactivated inbox.

That's why I put checks for the SSL cert and DNS expiration dates for all my company's domains in the server monitoring. Trivially easy to do. Foolish not to.

Invariably (at numerous companies) one of those goes critical IMMEDIATELY. Usually the main domain is 4 days from expiration... FFS!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Man, that thread is like reading LET.

"how long yu guys need to fix the issue plz customers behind us and phones are off now."

LET version: "We are losing millions per hour on our $5/mo OpenVZ VPS!"

"But due to my location country is singapore and singapore the time zone is GMT +8HRS so i most likely will checked and replied back to you tomorrow singapore time on date sept 11 2019 as today which is sept 10 2019 the time now at my end is already 10:10pm."

LET version: "We have 24x7x365 enterprise grade support, until we don't"

"I am a certified Microsoft Server Engineer and Cisco Engineer which is why i know network very well especially on this issues."

LET version: