Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

London & Chicago offers - NVMe and Storage - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

London & Chicago offers - NVMe and Storage

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Member
    edited September 2019

@puerklint said:
    Bench London

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2999.998 MHz
    Total size of Disk : 7.8 GB (1.4 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem : 991 MB (84 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 63 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 0 hour 15 min
    Load average : 0.17, 0.06, 0.03
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64

I/O speed(1st run) : 1.2 GB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run) : 1.3 GB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run) : 1.2 GB/s

Average I/O speed : 1262.9 MB/s

Node Name IPv4 address Download Speed
    CacheFly 205.234.175.175 137MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo2, JP 139.162.65.37 9.04MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG 139.162.23.4 13.9MB/s
    Linode, London, UK 176.58.107.39 166MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE 139.162.130.8 109MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA 50.116.14.9 8.25MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX 173.192.68.18 16.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA 67.228.112.250 14.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE 159.122.69.4 75.5MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG 119.81.28.170 12.2MB/s

Softlayer, HongKong, CN 119.81.130.170 10.8MB/s

do raise a support ticket for your server config to be crosschecked - as in your disk space :)

• If your server is bigger than 2TB you will need to use Gparted or ISO install as it’s a limitation in the template. My NVMe 8GB was showing wrongly but reinstalled the OS and all shows as 16GB. Done some benchmarks on 3TB London, 1TB Chicago and 16GB NVMe in London very impressed.

• @LeonDynamic said:
    If your server is bigger than 2TB you will need to use Gparted or ISO install as it’s a limitation in the template. My NVMe 8GB was showing wrongly but reinstalled the OS and all shows as 16GB. Done some benchmarks on 3TB London, 1TB Chicago and 16GB NVMe in London very impressed.

In my case, Ubuntu 18 template left 3TB after reinstall...

• @cpsd anything over 2TB will be unallocated space. Depends whether you want separate 2TB partitions or one big storage drive.

• @FoxelVox said:
    Just curious @Nekki, how much storage have you bought?

I picked up a 1TB + 1 core + 1GB ram myself, its pretty awesume

6TB at the moment, to test this out and see if it’s suitable for my needs. May go back for another 5TB before the day is done.

Thanked by 1FoxelVox
  • @Abdullah Any chance similar storage offers will be available in Stockholm at some point?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

I'm impressed!
    CPU, HDD, network and support: Really all lightning fast. :)
    And it's so cheap.
    Let's hope it will continue as a reliable and sustainable service.
    Definitely one of the best deals this year.
    Would be awesome to see them popup in some other HH locations as well (I personally would vote for The Netherlands).

I am going to order some NVMe plan, just to give an idling donation to @Abdullah and his team. :)

Just for the records, my boring Geekbench and nench benchmarks which are literally equal to the ones already posted.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2019

@strmd said:
    @Abdullah Any chance similar storage offers will be available in Stockholm at some point?

We might be doing something similar in Stockholm and Amsterdam on Black Friday with slightly higher pricing and slightly lower resources. No promises on this yet though.

To clarify on the storage resizing part - we provision these servers with a 2 TB disk and then manually upgrade to whatever the size of the disk you order. Please boot up GParted and resize if needed. If it still shows 2 TB, contact support and we can fix it for you.

Just a few notes guys:

• these deals will expire in 11 hours, as noted in the original post. Please get yours before this or wait for the next time. If you choose to order after the deals have already expired and require a refund, it will come with an administrative fee of $1 USD per transaction and may take a long time to process. This is to demotivate people from deliberately trying to order after the promotion is over.

• the same deals will be active again from 17th September to 22nd September for people who missed out this time. We will not be doing these deals after the 22nd. The next round will likely be slightly higher priced on Black Friday. Now would be the best time if you want to stock up on some high quality storage.

• apologies to the people waiting on their NVMe servers in Chicago for more than 24h - we got far more orders than expected there so we'll update the tickets with the appropriate ETAs shortly

• manage.hosthatch.com
    Error 524
    2019-09-11 01:04:55 UTC
    A timeout occurred

• @Chocoweb said:
    manage.hosthatch.com
    Error 524
    2019-09-11 01:04:55 UTC
    A timeout occurred

Works fine for me?

• @sanvit said:

Works fine for me?

Yeah, it seems back to normal. But at that time, it did respond error even though I refreshed many times.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • @LeonDynamic said:
    @cpsd anything over 2TB will be unallocated space. Depends whether you want separate 2TB partitions or one big storage drive.

I am sorry but I don't understand what you mean. I got this after the template reinstall.Do you think that there is something wrong because it is over 2TB?

Disk /dev/vda: 3 TiB, 3221225472000 bytes, 6291456000 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: gpt
    Disk identifier: 8B3C80ED-CB7D-400C-9A32-E6445917068C

Device Start End Sectors Size Type
    /dev/vda1 2048 4095 2048 1M BIOS boot
    /dev/vda2 4096 6287259135 6287255040 2,9T Linux filesystem
    /dev/vda3 6287259136 6291453439 4194304 2G Linux swap

• Doesn’t look like it. Full 3TB is there. Sorry I thought you had 3TB unallocated after the template install

Thanked by 1cpsd
  • I'm interested on this kind of deal for a France please :)

• Well bad luck

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @lebidule said:
    I'm interested on this kind of deal for a France please :)

Just as easy as that.

Thanked by 1miu
  • FYI my two KVM storages (Amsterdam and now London) work great.
    I have installed Debian 10 + LAMP (with NGINX and MariaDB) + Mail (Postfix/Dovecot/rspamd/sieve) + Seafile (without memcached) + VPN
    Conclusion: I'm using 350MB RAM and it's very stable & fast
    These server are used only for personnal/family purposes

Thanked by 2vimalware vyas11
  • Hi @Abdullah,
    one of my friends needs a storage VPS for Owncloud, your promotions look very attractive, but unfortunately we are late to the party.

1 CPU core
    512 MB RAM
    250 GB storage
    1 TB bandwidth
    $15 per year

This looks very interesting. Is it possible to buy one additional slab with this plan? If yes, do you think there will be stock available from 17th of September?

If I am not wrong you will get these specs with one additional slab:

1 CPU fore
    1512 MB RAM
    1,25 TB storage
    4 TB bandwidth
    $45 year (VPS $15, 1 slab $30)

This also looks interesting, but it will have lower specs for a higher price ($48 year).

1 CPU core
    1 GB RAM
    1 TB storage
    4 TB bandwidth
    $12 per quarter

We are interested in the London location.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

• @Baris said:
    Hi @Abdullah,
    one of my friends needs a storage VPS for Owncloud, your promotions look very attractive, but unfortunately we are late to the party.

1 CPU core
    512 MB RAM
    250 GB storage
    1 TB bandwidth
    $15 per year

This looks very interesting. Is it possible to buy one additional slab with this plan? If yes, do you think there will be stock available from 17th of September?

If I am not wrong you will get these specs with one additional slab:

1 CPU fore
    1512 MB RAM
    1,25 TB storage
    4 TB bandwidth
    $45 year (VPS $15, 1 slab $30)

This also looks interesting, but it will have lower specs for a higher price ($48 year).

1 CPU core
    1 GB RAM
    1 TB storage
    4 TB bandwidth
    $12 per quarter

We are interested in the London location.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Afaik you cannot add 'chunks' for plans other than the one with base 3TB plan. So your best bet will be the $12/qtr plan or $84/y base plan (which IMO is worth ever cent)

Thanked by 1Baris
  • Afaik you cannot add 'chunks' for plans other than the one with base 3TB plan. So your best bet will be the $12/qtr plan or $84/y base plan (which IMO is worth ever cent)

Thank you, it will be the $12/qtr plan then :-)

I keep my fingers crossed, I hope I can grab one 17th of September.

• Got my server. 24 hour later I am suspended.

Suspension Reason: Overdue on Payment

Really ? This is plain stupid. I though you guys don't provision server If it's not paid. Also I have $30 sitting on my balance for the next server. Why it said overdue on payment, If I got both enough balance and doesn't have any outstanding invoice.

• Mistakes do happen when you are overloaded with orders. Contact their billing and it should be fixed.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @niceboy said:
    Mistakes do happen when you are overloaded with orders. Contact their billing and it should be fixed.

Yes, it has been fixed.

• Are you loaded with orders? Cause I haven't received my server details after 24 hours. Didn't want to bombard with support emails hence the question here. Cheers.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@nuxli said:
    Are you loaded with orders? Cause I haven't received my server details after 24 hours. Didn't want to bombard with support emails hence the question here. Cheers.

There's a few pending ones left - should be soon.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • Hello, I missed the event on the 10th. Is there any chance recently?

• @ssjoy said:
    Hello, I missed the event on the 10th. Is there any chance recently?

yes,the same deals will be active again from 17th September to 22nd September for people who missed out this time

Thanked by 2vimalware uptime
  • It's well worth the wait. Their private network is awesome.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited September 2019

@jbuggie said:
    It's well worth the wait. Their private network is awesome.

Agreed.. I don't really need the storage, but now deciding if I want London or Chicago when I grab more when orders reopen :lol:

• Why I can't resist the temptation to buy cheap severs. I've already had 4 HostHatch servers idling yet I still bought a new one.

Thanked by 3BBTN Decicus coreflux