Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CLIMITED.de no service after nearly 1 month from payment
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CLIMITED.de no service after nearly 1 month from payment

I am curious if anyone is happy with CLIMITED.de. I think I have worked with over 25 hosting providers over the past 15 years and I have to say none of my experiences have been nearly as bad as with CLIMITED.de

First thing I noticed was their email confirmations do not reach me on gmail. Not a big deal, I moved on. I ordered dedicated server and VPS.

VPS was showing as active, Dedicated as pending. VPS didn't work, tickets ignored.

I waited for about 5 days for the dedicated then I tried to reach them to see how longer it will take to activate. No reply on tickets for about 5 days so I emailed, still nothing. Nothing on the livechat on their site.

I called them, some guy answered and told me they will get back to me very soon, but he didn't even ask for my details.

I called second time, a women answered and she told me they will get back to me, she asked my last name, we spent about 5 minutes with spelling then she didn't ask anything else and said on of her colleagues will reach me.

Still nothing so I called 3rd time, and the same experience repeated.

I opened another ticket and finally someone answered me that next week their servers are arriving. He also replied about the VPS that it can be installed over KVM, there was no other option from clientarea and they offered to charge me 25 EUR/hour to install a 6 EUR/month VPS - cool isn't it?

Few more days passed, situation still unsolved, the only progress was that ticket was now being answered, like once every two days with some very short answers, no real solution.

I asked for refund. They immediately cancelled the ordered and refunded the money in clientarea's credits and keeping them hostage there. They said they cannot return my money because I paid by Bitcoin. They said Bitcoin orders cannot be refunded.

At some point I was told new servers arrived, I accepted to have the servers.
I was confirmed that request was sent to technician. 7 days passed and again no server, no nothing.

Currently it's almost 1 month since my payment and no service.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Could you add some screenshots?

• tmlntmln Member
    edited September 2019

https://ibb.co/WzRhr9J
    Server ordered 10/08/2019
    Today still nothing.
    I can add more screenshots if you want.

• had the same error with email confirmation, they said that email server was down. they did not responded to my ticket more than week.

Thanked by 1webclouddev
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Really thats horrible. May be you can contact @Gam3over .

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

As mentioned on the other thread I also considered buying something from them. But as my pre-sales questions still take them weeks to answer, I can hardly believe it will become much better when I give them my money.

Unfortunatelly the company / person who is listed in the imprint of climited.de is not listed by the German Federal Network Agency (Bundesnetzagentur) [PDF] as an approved provider of telecommunication services. If providing hosting services in Germany a permission involving an audit from that agency is mandatory.

Let's see where this story ends. Or how nigh the end might be.

As always with unknown providers, take care spending money on multi-month contracts and prefer paying with PayPal or credit card where you can request a refund in case of scam.

Thanked by 2ehab coreflux
  • @ofit Like I said in my first post, I tried to contact them over email, tickets, phone and live chat and only after many days, one ticket got a short reply. On the phone I was in contact with different people, what are they doing? Do they really work for the company? I don't know, they could never help me with anything.

@dfroe Yes, I should have used Paypal for the first payment, but generally I had good experience with German providers, so I went with BTC. Big mistake! They told me VPS don't come preinstalled with OS and you can't install them from clientarea because of some German privacy law. Only to tell me later that Dedicated will come with pre-installed OS. Totally non-sense, like only trying to find some excuse.

Thanked by 1HostUp
  • HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

Demand a refund via PayPal. I once had a similar experience when running a gameserver. I bought something then I never actually got it and the support didn't respond. It was also German. But it my case I waited more than a month. Then they tried to bill me again when I still hadn't received anything :D

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • if you paid with Butcoin then look pick up a Didjeridoo

you'll feel much better.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • UPDATE: They told me twice that my requests have been forwarded to the "technical". Then they sent a renewal invoice (yeah, for a service which I was able to use 0 seconds). But now they are no longer communicating.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • Gam3overGam3over Member
    edited September 2019

@tmln said:
    I am curious if anyone is happy with CLIMITED.de. I think I have worked with over 25 hosting providers over the past 15 years and I have to say none of my experiences have been nearly as bad as with CLIMITED.de

First thing I noticed was their email confirmations do not reach me on gmail. Not a big deal, I moved on. I ordered dedicated server and VPS.

VPS was showing as active, Dedicated as pending. VPS didn't work, tickets ignored.

I waited for about 5 days for the dedicated then I tried to reach them to see how longer it will take to activate. No reply on tickets for about 5 days so I emailed, still nothing. Nothing on the livechat on their site.

I called them, some guy answered and told me they will get back to me very soon, but he didn't even ask for my details.

I called second time, a women answered and she told me they will get back to me, she asked my last name, we spent about 5 minutes with spelling then she didn't ask anything else and said on of her colleagues will reach me.

I opened another ticket and finally someone answered me that next week their servers are arriving. He also replied about the VPS that it can be installed over KVM, there was no other option from clientarea and they offered to charge me 25 EUR/hour to install a 6 EUR/month VPS - cool isn't it?

Few more days passed, situation still unsolved, the only progress was that ticket was now being answered, like once every two days with some very short answers, no real solution.

I asked for refund. They immediately cancelled the ordered and refunded the money in clientarea's credits and keeping them hostage there. They said they cannot return my money because I paid by Bitcoin. They said Bitcoin orders cannot be refunded.

I was confirmed that request was sent to technician. 7 days passed and again no server, no nothing.

Install of VPS is very easy ... You can chose an ISO image and you can install your server over NOVNC ... its not hard ... i have send you a Tutorial (In German but you need to follow the steps then is your VPS installed)

Dedicated Servers are out of stock ... i Can't build new server without new Hardware... (Hardware is Ordered but DHL needs Long to delivering the order)

for your refund request.

Unfortunately, I can not return bitcoin payments for legal reasons ...

Refunding your Bitcoin payment in Paypal is not possible either ... that's why I booked your money back to your balance and placed you on the waiting list of Dedicated Server orders.

• @Gam3over said:

Refunding your Bitcoin payment in Paypal is not possible either ... that's why I booked your money back to your balance and placed you on the waiting list of Dedicated Server orders.

Sorry but that is utter bullshit. Refund his money if he's requested it or have you already spent it?

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @Gam3over said:

@tmln said:

Install of VPS is very easy ... You can chose an ISO image and you can install your server over NOVNC ... its not hard ... i have send you a Tutorial (In German but you need to follow the steps then is your VPS installed)

Dedicated Servers are out of stock ... i Can't build new server without new Hardware... (Hardware is Ordered but DHL needs Long to delivering the order)

for your refund request.

why would you even put it up if you don’t even have the hardware and need to order it?

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@Gam3over said:

Sorry but that is utter bullshit. Refund his money if he's requested it or have you already spent it?

where is that bullshit?
    Do I look like a currency exchange?

Paypal, Sofort, Bank Transfer Payments are fully Refundable. Bitcoin and Paysafecard not.

I had bad experience with the tax office.

• muffin said: why would you even put it up if you don’t even have the hardware and need to order it?

The hardware was sold out at the time. Unfortunately, I was not that fast and managed to mark the products as sold out.

• @Gam3over said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Gam3over said:

where is that bullshit?

Paypal, Sofort, Bank Transfer Payments are fully Refundable. Bitcoin and Paysafecard not.

You should be eating up the refund cost associated with this IMO.

• @Gam3over said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Gam3over said:

where is that bullshit?

It does not matter the format he paid in. Also nobody is saying you're a currency exchange. Return the amount he paid in bitcoin in full to his bitcoin wallet... Just do the right thing and refund him.

If you're refusing my guess would be that you've spent it and can't afford to refund him...

• Install of VPS is very easy ... You can chose an ISO image and you can install your server over NOVNC ... its not hard ...

If it is so easy, why did you ask me for 20 EUR/15 minutes to install it?

• The hardware was sold out at the time. Unfortunately, I was not that fast and managed to mark the products as sold out.

This is a lie, the products were still listed as available few days ago, like 3 weeks after my order.

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@Gam3over said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Gam3over said:

where is that bullshit?

It does not matter the format he paid in. Also nobody is saying you're a currency exchange. Return the amount he paid in bitcoin in full to his bitcoin wallet... Just do the right thing and refund him.

If you're refusing my guess would be that you've spent it and can't afford to refund him...

I get the Bitcoin Payments to my bank account.

tmln said: If it is so easy, why did you ask me for 20 EUR/15 minutes to install it?

Its my Workingtime ... Sorry but () ..... ?!

It's easy or not?

• @Gam3over said:
    I get the Bitcoin Payments to my bank account.

And this changes things how exactly? Ask your payment processor to reverse the payment to the original address or to a new address (if @tmln prefers)...

I really see no reason for you to deny his refund other than you don't have the funds to do so?

• @dfroe said:
    As mentioned on the other thread I also considered buying something from them. But as my pre-sales questions still take them weeks to answer, I can hardly believe it will become much better when I give them my money.

Unfortunatelly the company / person who is listed in the imprint of climited.de is not listed by the German Federal Network Agency (Bundesnetzagentur) [PDF] as an approved provider of telecommunication services. If providing hosting services in Germany a permission involving an audit from that agency is mandatory.

Let's see where this story ends. Or how nigh the end might be.

As always with unknown providers, take care spending money on multi-month contracts and prefer paying with PayPal or credit card where you can request a refund in case of scam.

Understand your doubt, however first time I've heard about that. Contabo, PHP-Friends, All-Inkl and Webtropia (all well established and professional companies) are not listed though. Netcup (no surprise) is. I wouldn't say that would be something that stops me from buying someone's services as I've never heard about that list before. Other things that have been mentioned in this thread are another story though.

edited September 2019

@Ympker said:
    Understand your doubt, however first time I've heard about that. Contabo, PHP-Friends, All-Inkl and Webtropia (all well established and professional companies) are not listed though. Netcup (no surprise) is.

All-Inkl. is actually listed by Bundesnetzagentur (Reg-Nr. 09/214). You just have to search for their proper legal name (Neue Medien Münnich) found in the imprint. ;)
    Same applies for Webtropia - which is MyLoc (Reg-Nr. 15/081).

Of course it does not necessarily say anything about the technical skills.
    But maybe a bit about German accurateness. :D
    In Germany there is a obligation to register with Federal Network Agency for everybody who offers "commercial public available telecommunication services" ("Meldepflicht").

P.S.: Don't have to add much about the original story this thread was about. I tried asking some pre-sales questions for two weeks, spent a minute on googl'ing the owner of this company, read some comments on LET ... and finally came to my own personal decision. :) Can't wait for Black Friday to come. :D

Thanked by 3Ympker uptime coreflux
  • UPDATE: After 33 days without any service, he is saying I should find a user that wants to buy my credit, because servers are not going to arrive. Completely ridiculous.

Thanked by 1bjo
  • DwayneDwayne Member
    edited September 2019

So now he's butthurt because he has realized that only giving excuses instead of working with the customer won't get him very far (on LET)?

Well, I wouldn't necessarily call it "working with the customer", also "working with the law".

In case of a withdrawal from a contract, the money must be refunded via exactly the same means of payment. That's the law. So if it was paid with Bitcoin, it must be refunded with Bitcoin, unless something different was agreed on without additional cost for the consumer.

This is simply the law here in Germany. §357 (3) BGB (German Civil Code)

I know this is LET. But even LET cannot stand above the law. :)

Of course that's just my personal opinion and I cannot (and do not want to) give any binding legal advice. But for me this is looks like a pretty simple and fundamental fact.

Unfortunatelly I guess it won't be easy for anyone outside Germany to demand one's rights if you need to take legal action.

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

@Ympker said:
    Understand your doubt, however first time I've heard about that. Contabo, PHP-Friends, All-Inkl and Webtropia (all well established and professional companies) are not listed though. Netcup (no surprise) is. I wouldn't say that would be something that stops me from buying someone's services as I've never heard about that list before. Other things that have been mentioned in this thread are another story though.

Get listed as telecommunications provider and enjoy all the requirements you have to fulfill for the BNetzA :-) - We are listed and I can tell you, that providing a security concept to them is no fun but required by law, due to the nature of services we are providing.

For some companies it might not be required, depending on what they provide and how they do business. However, I'm not exactly firm with that and I wouldnt also take the risk on us - better be safe than sorry in terms of BNetzA.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • [UPDATE] 42 days after payment, still no refund and still he cannot deliver the servers claiming that hardware is stuck in customs process.
    At this point I am considering a legal action, if someone from Germany has been through this and could give me a few hints, it would be very appreciated.

Thanked by 1uptime

I'm sorry to hear that. Although I guess your (realistic) chances are quite limited if your aren't from Germany and familiar with the legal system here.

You could raise a complaint with Bundesnetzagentur (Federal Network Agency) but that probably won't get you your money back.

As the contract is clearly not fulfilled by the provider you can of course take legal actions. But in most cases you would need to have a lawyer doing this for you to ensure correctness of the whole process. You must send them several demand notes, document that they arrived, set time limits according to the law, etc. In the end you might go your way to the local district court and usually the 'winner' doesn't have to pay for it. But that's a really simplified description of the whole story. :)

So there are of course working legal systems covering such cases here in Germany. But most of the time they aren't easy, not even for us German citizens. :D

It might sound sad, but most likely the money you have spent is not worth all the effort. Take it as a chance to learn. You most likely won't get scammed again the same way in the future. Don't send any bitcoins to somebody you don't know. Even more, only pay small amounts to someone nobody knows or make sure to use a payment method where you can request a refund in case of scam through PayPal or your local bank.

Thanked by 3Akaike uptime Ympker
  • @tmln said:
    [UPDATE] 42 days after payment, still no refund and still he cannot deliver the servers claiming that hardware is stuck in customs process.
    At this point I am considering a legal action, if someone from Germany has been through this and could give me a few hints, it would be very appreciated.

Charge back on PP/CARD?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited September 2019

@AlexJones said:
    Charge back on PP/CARD?

@tmln answered:
    I asked for refund. They immediately cancelled the ordered and refunded the money in clientarea's credits and keeping them hostage there. They said they cannot return my money because I paid by Bitcoin. They said Bitcoin orders cannot be refunded