Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arista,Mellanox and Fortigate for sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arista,Mellanox and Fortigate for sale

dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
edited September 2019 in General

We have following hardware for sale :

1. ARISTA DCS-7280SE-72 - 48x 10G SFP+ 2x 100G MXP Front to Rear Airflow - 1650€

2. Mellanox MSX6036F-2SFR switch managed with IB license - 780€

3. Mellanox LS5030 36-port QSFP FDR 40Gb/s, managed - 250€

4. Fortinet Fortigate 800C - 1000€

Shipping from Romania in EU 35€, non EU depending from each country.
Payment : Credit card, SEPA, Paypal, Revolut.

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

... because you are buying new hardware ... or because, uhm, "other reasons" if I may ask?

• @jsg said:
    ... because you are buying new hardware ... or because, uhm, "other reasons" if I may ask?

Bancruptcy is a good reason too.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

That's a fairly high price for a used Fortigate 800C. Does that include licenses?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Renewing the security license of that FortiGate 800C will easily cost multiple times of the price for the old hardware. So one will probably keep it running unlicensed as a 20 Gbit/s wirespeed packet filter (at 64 byte packet size) with 8 Gbit/s IPSec throughput until it dies.

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2019

@jsg , @LTniger
    yes, we have upgrade from Arista 7280SE to 7280R, from Mellanox MSX6036F to MSB7800 and from Fotigate 800C to 1500D.

FHR said: That's a fairly high price for a used Fortigate 800C. Does that include licenses?

No licenses but the last OS and all new signatures ( one day before shipping )

@dfroe
    you can update the signature without the expensive signature licenses - over manual update

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

dedicatserver_ro said: you can update the signature without the expensive signature licenses - over manual update

Well, you can manually update it. Like you can install Windows 7 on a VPS... But you cannot download the patterns required for the manual update without valid contract. That's something a potential buyer should be aware of.

However, if the intention is to seriously use it as a security device, automatic pattern updates for IPS/AV are a must-have (IMHO) as it is quite pointless to defend today's attacks with last week's patterns.

BTW, nice grab with the 1500D.

@dfroe said:
    BTW, nice grab with the 1500D.

Fortigate 1500D said in their product info:
    Firewall capacity: 80Gb/s

@dedicatserver_ro said on their site:
    total transfer capacity of up to 600 Gbps

edited September 2019

@ dfroe

you have right but if you are ingenious and have one IMHO( not important for which model) , you can update every day.

BTW, most small hosting companies have no hardware firewall ( only a few rules on the server ) so i believe is better to have even one with last week's patterns .

Or you can use them to have one superb monitoring device ;)

edited September 2019

jsg said: @dedicatserver_ro said on their site:total transfer capacity of up to 600 Gbps

1. True , not all the traffic need to be transferred over the firewall
    2. There is a big difference between traffic capacity and real traffic

@jsg - Big brother,everything is okay ?
    Greetings from one "mediocre provider" !

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    1. True , not all the traffic need to be transferred over the firewall
    2. There is a big difference between traffic capacity and real traffic

@jsg - Big brother,everything is okay ?
    Greetings from one "mediocre provider" !

As far as I'm concerned this is a discussion about a matter and not about whether we like each other.

As for "big difference between traffic capacity and real traffic" it was you who mentioned 600 Gb/s on his web site, not me. Of course everybody with a brain guessed that your real bandwith is well within the limits of the 1500D although, of course, they also provide "optimized" numbers. The real capacity of the 1500D is way below 80 Gb/s but it's probably still a good fit for your real situation.

jsg said: it was you who mentioned 600 Gb/s on his web site

network capacity not firewall capacity !!!!

@dedicatserver_ro said:

jsg said: it was you who mentioned 600 Gb/s on his web site

network capacity not firewall capacity !!!!

I got that. But what is completely unprotected network capacity worth?

edited September 2019

maybe - transit !!!!!
    We offer 10Gbps connections to another providers ( with or without DDOS protection ) - now maybe you understand my question on @cociu

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    maybe - transit !!!!!
    We offer 10Gbps connections to another providers ( with or without DDOS protection ) - now maybe you understand my question on @cociu

So, you do 500+ Gb/s transit?

really ? you want me to tell you all the secrets :blush:
    Think of the word "capacity " :smiley:

Thanked by 1vimalware

@dedicatserver_ro said:
    really ? you want me to tell you all the secrets :blush:
    Think of the word "capacity " :smiley:

Let's stop the games. Based on what I know and see bot you and Fortigate love to provide large numbers that don't hold in reality.

Sorry, but I'm not interested in your games.

:blush: you are the "games master" on this forum, so you have start this games you can
    stop them!!!!! "Big brother"- don´t post your personal opinions as if you were all-knowing, like a kibitzer !!!

Thanked by 1vimalware