Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I/O speed of Hosthatch KVM NVMe 8G
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I/O speed of Hosthatch KVM NVMe 8G

ExabyteExabyte Member
edited September 2019 in General

I ordered a KVM NVMe 8G server (2CPU, 8GRAM, 60G NVMe, LA) under Hosthatch account. The I/O performance is not as good as expected, even disappoints me so much.

My NVMe 8G Server in LA

I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 168 MB/s
I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 195 MB/s
I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 198 MB/s

Average I/O Speed : 187.0 MB/s

While the storage server under my account performances so good I/O speed with the same test script :

My Storage 1G Server in LA

I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 592 MB/s
I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 833 MB/s
I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 829 MB/s

Average I/O Speed : 751.3 MB/s

This storage server (1 CPU,1G RAM, 1T HD) is a very good advertisement for me to considered the NVMe one. I planned to install database in this NVMe server and use storage as file server.

However, I am confused for so-called NVMe disk, which is supposed to have very good I/O performance. What happens for it? How could I config or optimize to turn it works to fit NVMe 8G RAM and 60G NVMe?

I submitted a ticket to Hosthatch days ago. Still there is no useful answer so far to now.

Is it only not lucky or any tricky? Anyone can help? Thanks a lot!

Comments

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Exabyte said:

I submitted a ticket to Hosthatch days ago. Still there is no useful answer so far to now.

We asked you for access details so we could look into it and got them less than 24 hours ago - so we will look into that and get back to you once we have more info for you. Thanks.

Thanked by 1Exabyte
  • @Abdullah said:

@Exabyte said:

We asked you for access details so we could look into it and got them less than 24 hours ago - so we will look into that and get back to you once we have more info for you. Thanks.

Just notice boss is here :smile:

Thank you very much!

• @Abdullah said:

@Exabyte said:

After they help to reconfig or optimize, the IO performance is much better and awesome now:

I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 789 MB/s
    I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 939 MB/s
    I/O Speed( 1.0GB ) : 990 MB/s

Average I/O Speed : 906.0 MB/s

Thanks a lot!

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs