Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative for Hetzner Cloud in USA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative for Hetzner Cloud in USA?

Hi there,

Looking for a serious alternative (don't want little or young sites) to get some little VPSes, hetzner cloud is amazing for EU, just looking something like that in USA.

Thanks <3

Comments

• You loved Hetzner way too much. Not many could give you such love.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • DO and Vultr both worked good for me. Not exactly USA but there is also Lunanode (Canada) :)

• Hetzner comes Q4 2020 / Q1 2021 to the east coast. you heard it here first :P

• Setup a US VPN to Heinz Cloud. Problem solved.

• I've not found any host that can match Hetzner value/infrastructure in the US. From features/value perspective, Hetzner is unbeatable. Free private network between sites, backup/snapshot, extra storage pricing...you name it.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

lurkem said: Hetzner comes Q4 2020 / Q1 2021 to the east coast. you heard it here first :P

Well, that's some interesting news. I'm curious, what's your source? ;)

• Linode is good in the USA

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

checkout ramnode and upcloud too

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @geekypixal said:
    Linode is good in the USA

They are good, but no where close in price.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Hetzner_OL said:

lurkem said: Hetzner comes Q4 2020 / Q1 2021 to the east coast. you heard it here first :P

It appears to me, he must be the CEO and just decided to put Hetzner cloud on the east cost, one of these moments you get when you take a shit and think about the world around you,

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @Hetzner_OL said:

I think their source is wishfulthinking.site.

• Vancete said: hetzner cloud is amazing for EU, just looking something like that in USA.

There isn't anything comparable in terms of product range and pricing. If you want small monthly VPS though, you can do ok in the US. What specifically are you looking for?

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @willie said:

Vancete said: hetzner cloud is amazing for EU, just looking something like that in USA.

There isn't anything comparable in terms of product range and pricing. If you want small monthly VPS though, you can do ok in the US. What specifically are you looking for?

Just looking for something reliable and priced like hetzner. I'm going to put a server for my app that clients will be connected via socket, the latency is important, so I want to put some servers in EU and some there.

Many thanks to all for the suggestions.

• Vancete said: something reliable and priced like hetzner.

Can you be more specific than that? Cpu requirements? Ram? Disk? Network? Add-on services? Billing? Scaleability? How many servers do you need? What exact Hetzner product are you using now? Etc. Etc.

• @willie said:

Vancete said: something reliable and priced like hetzner.

Can you be more specific than that? Cpu requirements? Ram? Disk? Network? Add-on services? Billing? Scaleability? How many servers do you need? What exact Hetzner product are you using now? Etc. Etc.

I'm using Hetzner Cloud. 1-2 core, 2G RAM and 200Mbps will be enough.

• @Vancete said:
    Hi there,

Looking for a serious alternative (don't want little or young sites) to get some little VPSes, hetzner cloud is amazing for EU, just looking something like that in USA.

Thanks <3

check out upcloud and linode too - benchmarks https://community.centminmod.com/threads/13-way-vps-server-benchmark-comparison-tests-upcloud-vs-digitalocean-vs-linode-vs-vultr-vs-hetzner.17742/

Thanked by 1Vancete
  • @eva2000 that's really useful

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited September 2019

You can get decent deals if you can do with a mid-range VPS , and consolidate several sites on it.
    Look at @drserver, @hostdoc @exception0x876 (wishosting) 's offers.

Wishosting has a nice looking 2GB ssd kvm in Phoenix for $3.99 (2TB bw on 250M Port)

I don't know if Ramnode' s 50% extra credit promo is still active, but you could look at Nick_A 's last thread. (deposit enough for 12-36mos to get best value)
    They are established enough that a 3yr prepay is a perfectly sane action.

nvm. 2GB is way out of budget

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@lurkem said:
    Hetzner comes Q4 2020 / Q1 2021 to the east coast. you heard it here first :P

So which city would that be exactly...? Do you think Queens, NY, would accept us since they rejected Amazon...? ;)

• If Hetzner would open a US location, that would be a legal nightmare and they would lose many companys as customers.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited September 2019

@user54321 said:
    If Hetzner would open a US location, that would be a legal nightmare and they would lose many companys as customers.

Why is that? They could just create a seperate entity (e.g. Hetzner International, Inc.) that manages non-EU locations. Although I believe their legal team will be well more knowledgeable than me

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

Vancete said: looking for something reliable and priced like hetzner

Vancete said: 1-2 core, 2G RAM and 200Mbps will be enough

Alrighty then! Assuming the "hourly billing" aspect of Hetzner cloud is not the important feature for your use case ...

First, there are a couple German providers offering service (monthly, also semi-annual or annual contracts) for locations in the USA.

In Los Angeles (Quadranet and Psychz) CrownCloud (@SpeedBus) is reliable and reasonably priced (I like this service a lot!)

from their recent offer https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159181/crowncloud-4-gb-ram-60-gb-ssd-kvm-at-frankfurt-los-angeles-7-month-more:

2 GB RAM
    30 GB SSD
    4 core fair-share access include
    1 Snapshot (User can restore/create/destroy snapshot from the panel)
    KVM based
    2 TB bandwidth per month
    1 Gbit/sec upink
    1 IPv4
    /64 IPv6
    $5/month or $25/semi-annual

Also in Los Angeles (Colocrossing) and Dallas - UltraVPS.eu (@UltraVPS) has some good (reliable) stuff as well - you'll need to prepay a year (or sometimes semi-annual deals) to get their best prices. For instance (from their website https://www.ultravps.eu/en/):

Cloud Special-2
    40.00 €/year
    2 CPU cores
    2 GB RAM
    50 GB SSD storage
    1 TB data transfer
    1 IPv4 address
    10 IPv6 addresses
    Contract term 12 months

These are just the first ideas that come to mind for whatever reason (thinking reliability with reasonable price). But I think there can be many other decent options for service in the USA to consider as well.

If you don't need IPv6 (and maybe can wait until Black Friday for the best prices) then VirMach is really hard to beat. And is very reliable.

Wishosting.com (@exception0x876) is another of my favorites. While I can't say how well it matches your "don't want little or young sites" request (they've been in business for over 4 years, but are not a big company) - I am going to recommend them anyway since they are quite reliable and fine to do business with in my experience. Pro-tip: check their "deal of the day" page https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=7 ... As for their standard pricing, $4 or $5 per month will get you a KVM with 2 GB ram etc in Arizona or Missouri. For example:

KVM SSD Limited AZ
    Starting at $3.99
    1 vCPU core Xeon E5-2680v2
    Unlimited CPU core 3.1GHz Turbo
    2GB ECC RAM
    20GB SSD
    Linux/Windows OS
    Bandwidth 250Mbps
    Traffic 2TB
    1 IPv4
    Private networking
    Location - Phoenix, Arizona
    Setup time up to 24 hours

I also have good experience with IonSwitch (@IonSwitch_Stan) and Subnetlabs (@Awmusic12635) in Seattle (again, small companies but have been in business for a while).

Then there's also the venerable InceptionHosting (@AnthonySmith) and BuyVM (@Francisco) who are on the larger side of small business - and are generally well regarded in terms of reliability. Inception sometimes has deals for KVMs in Arizona. In the USA, BuyVM offers service in Las Vegas and New York. I've never seen a discounted price for BuyVM - guessing it's a bit out of your "Hetzner" price range ask, but still not entirely unreasonable in my opinion.

SLICE 2048
    1 Core @ 3.50+ GHz
    Fair Share CPU Usage
    2048 MB Memory
    40 GB SSD Storage
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    1 IPv4 Address
    $7.00 per month

More possibilities to check:

@launchvps for Philadelphia <- highly recommended

from their fresh offer thread https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160079/monthly-yearly-kvm-deals-starting-2-90-high-i-o-zfs-ssd-ipv4-6-any-os-east-coast-usa/p1

2 GB RAM & 30 GB SSD – KVM Special
    2 GB RAM
    2 Intel Xeon vCPU
    30 GB ZFS RAID SSD
    2 TB Bandwidth
    500 Mbps Uplink
    1 IPv4
    /64 IPv6
    rDNS Configuration in Control Panel
    Monthly Price: $5.60 per month
    Yearly Price: $48.00 per year

and AlphaVPS.bg (@AlexBarakov) for New York and Los Angeles

if you see a sale for HostHatch (@Abdullah) that's usually going to be an exceptionally good deal and generally pretty solid in terms of reliability (in the USA look for New York and Los Angeles)

also @SmartHost for many locations in the USA (such as Colorado, Virginia, and Boston)

And finally https://serverhunter.com to search for more options - just be sure to check reviews (and ask here) to sort out which are reliable providers.

• Thanks @uptime, Oracle of Profound LET Wisdom, always dispensing great advice to our fellow comrades.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Hetzner_OL said:

@lurkem said:

So which city would that be exactly...? Do you think Queens, NY, would accept us since they rejected Amazon...? ;)

That would be the bomb kid! Woodside for life! You drop in Queens I'll work for you guys.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Hetzner_OL said:

@lurkem said:

You'd want to be across the river from Manhattan in New Jersey. That's where all the Internet connectivity is.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @uptime wow... that's simply amazing

Thanked by 1uptime