Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking web platform for customer management, tickets, software licensing etc...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking web platform for customer management, tickets, software licensing etc...

Hi everybody!
I'm developing web software and I plan to sell it online.
I need to make a website to introduce the product and illustrate its features and to manage customers and licenses.
I need something like WHMCS but for software licensing.

Some hosts here offer free internal Blesta license. Do you think that it will be suitable for my needs?

What I am looking for is:

• License management (maybe through some API?)
  • Basic frontend
  • Tickets
  • Payments & invoices
  • Promo mailing (preferably)
  • Basic knowledge pages

Thanks!

Comments

• DeanDean Member

WHMCS has a licensing addon

• LeviLevi Member

Blesta

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @LTniger said:
    Blesta

Does blesta support all these features?
    I tried their demo but I can't see any way to create pages and manage the frontend :confused:

• @Cappuccino said:

@LTniger said:
    Blesta

Does blesta support all these features?
    I tried their demo but I can't see any way to create pages and manage the frontend :confused:

To manage the frontend you can use Blesta CMS, a (paid) addon.

Selling and managing licenses can be a little more trickier. There's a License Manager plugin, but documentation is very scarce.

Blesta provides all other features (tickets, payments, invoices and mailing) out of the box.

Thanked by 1Cappuccino
  • Is there any other free alternative?
    Maybe a wordpress site?

• @Cappuccino said:
    Is there any other free alternative?
    Maybe a wordpress site?

If you're going to make money out of it, you should invest some. All of BuyShared's shared and reseller plans comes with free blesta license though

• @sanvit said:

@Cappuccino said:
    Is there any other free alternative?
    Maybe a wordpress site?

If you're going to make money out of it, you should invest some. All of BuyShared's shared and reseller plans comes with free blesta license though

I see that Blesta CMS has a community version which is free :blush:

• Sometimes you have to pay to get something decent, this is one of those times OP. If as you say you will be selling with it then what is the issue in offsetting some money initially?

• Would definitely recommend WHMCS + licensing addon.

• @corbpie said:
    Sometimes you have to pay to get something decent, this is one of those times OP. If as you say you will be selling with it then what is the issue in offsetting some money initially?

I'll be more than happy to pay if my product sales go well.
    At the moment I only need some basic CMS features.

Btw, a small slice from buyvm (like the 2$ one) will be fine?
    I'm planning to install Blesta on the top of DA to keep things as simple as possible to manage.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Cappuccino a 512 slice will work, but you should really be using 1GB+ for DA. I think it takes a little hacking to get the installer to work.

You could always get a $8/yr BuyShared plan or a $2/mo DA reseller though - Blesta license will work with those as well.

Thanked by 1Cappuccino
  • @Harambe said:
    @Cappuccino a 512 slice will work, but you should really be using 1GB+ for DA. I think it takes a little hacking to get the installer to work.

You could always get a $8/yr BuyShared plan or a $2/mo DA reseller though - Blesta license will work with those as well.

I have just installed Blesta on buyshared and it's working fine with CMS Community Edition.

Thanked by 1ITLabs