Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guarantee that a vps ip won't change Europe vps for vpn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Guarantee that a vps ip won't change Europe vps for vpn

I want to use a small vps as vpn for security reason so I can restrict my servers to that ip and will use that vps for a long long time but what I worry that after a few years the provider might change ip or go out of business so I am looking for a stable mini VPS in Europe that I am sure they will stay in business for a long time please give me recommendation thanks

Comments

• Inception hosting and buyvm both comes to my mind. Been in the industry for long enough, well respected and knows what the F they are talking about.

• Hetzner cloud

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

Providers rarely have to change IPs.

In 10 years we might have changed once and in one single location out of 5. I think it was just a /24 in Atlanta. I don't remember the details.

What I'm curios is what's the big deal if that happens once in 3 years or so? Just update your config.

Anyhow, choose a company that is RIPE/ARIN/APNIC member. They'll keep the IPs even if they change data centers.

• Install Tor and bind the SSH port on the onion address. In case main IP change, you access it via Tor and update the rule.

• I recommend to have two white-listed ip, no matter how well the provider is reputed.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited August 2019

@ben47955 said:
    I recommend to have two white-listed ip, no matter how well the provider is reputed.

This is the simple no-brainer solution. Two-three cheap yearly IPs

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

Ah, you obviously NEVER want to whitelist just ONE IP to access your servers.

Just use two reputable providers + some home/office IP.

• Don't miss out @FR_Michael too! Or you could just reserve an elastic IP (or do they call it dedicated IP on their lightsail lineup?) on AWS.

Thanked by 1uptime