Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Hetzner automated in server setup side?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Hetzner automated in server setup side?

Hi,

I've ordered a SX292 server an hour ago with no special configurations, I received the first order confirmation mail but I didn't get the second.

1 hour and 10 minutes already passed and still didn't receive that second order confirmation mail.

The first order confirmation mail includes this part:

Normally, we process orders using a completely automated system. However there are two situations when we may need to complete your order manually:

• Your order includes a special configuration.
  • You are a first-time customer. We will ask you to send us documents in some cases to help verify your identification.

But none of those two cases apply for me.
I also have another server with Hetzner and the setup took 4 minutes.

Is this normal?

Comments

• Setup times for the location Falkenstein can be up to 1-2 weeks due to the very high demand at the end of our July special offer. We are sorry for the uncommonly long setup times and thank you for your understanding. We are working as fast as we can to set up all pending and new orders as soon as possible.

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Auftragsbearbeitung/en

Thanked by 2wujef Hetzner_OL
  • @ITLabs said:
    Setup times for the location Falkenstein can be up to 1-2 weeks due to the very high demand at the end of our July special offer. We are sorry for the uncommonly long setup times and thank you for your understanding. We are working as fast as we can to set up all pending and new orders as soon as possible.

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Auftragsbearbeitung/en

Yes I understand this. but the first order confirmation says that if none of those two cases apply, you (I) should receive the second order confirmation e-mail shortly.
    Maybe they shouldn't change their e-mail template just because of a temporary delay in setup for Falkenstein, but is this the reason?

• @wujef said:
    Maybe they shouldn't change their e-mail template just because of a temporary delay in setup for Falkenstein, but is this the reason?

Probably. To be sure, I suggest contacting serverorderstatus[at]hetzner[dot]com as detailed in the linked wiki.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • wujefwujef Member
    edited August 2019

@ITLabs said:

@wujef said:

Probably. To be sure, I suggest contacting serverorderstatus[at]hetzner[dot]com as detailed in the linked wiki.

I won't expect a reply now as its 1:26AM for me and for Germany too. so I will see tomorrow first.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2019

Deploy is basically automated, but if the stock goes low, you need to wait a bit.
    If your account is already verified, it can happen that you get your new server on a sunday morning, like I once got it.

Since it looks like, the technicians rack servers 24/7, of course they can only build them if the hardware is available.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • williewillie Member
    edited August 2019

SX292 is a huge server and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't have them sitting around for instant launch. They may have to rack it up for you. If you ordered it an hour ago, it's way too early to open a thread here worrying about it.

OTOH the July special offer has been over for a few weeks now, setup fees are back to normal, and the SX series wasn't affected anyway iirc.

• Even tho it says automated in confirmation email and their site, it takes at-least 24 hours most of the time. From all the servers i bought from them, only one server was delivered within 1 hour. Rest took 24-48 hours.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Welcome to Hetzner Support, how may we be of assistance?

• I have never had an SX server be "auto deployed" i have always had to wait a few days, and i have multiple of them.

The EX range servers are usually deployed automatically within a few minutes, so sit back and just have some patience

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Jord said:

Can you please give a quote for a storage server? My requirements are 20TB usable for roughly $7. My budget can go up to $9, but that's also cutting it.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Zerpy said:

@Jord said:

Can you please give a quote for a storage server? My requirements are 20TB usable for roughly $7. My budget can go up to $9, but that's also cutting it.

Sure, but this will be in our DC in Finland. With 10MB of bandwidth. If you like this deal you can DM me and I'll get it added to your account.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

wujef said: I won't expect a reply now as its 1:26AM for me and for Germany too. so I will see tomorrow first.

Hi there! Just wanted to check... Did you get your server in the meantime?

Thanked by 1ITLabs