Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Dedicated Server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Personal Dedicated Server?

Hi,

I'd like a personal dedicated server to just mess around with. Anyone on LET who can do this under $40/mo?

The absolute bare minimum:

128GB SSD
CPU Score: >6500
Network: 5TB/mo, 100mbps
16GB DDR4 RAM
Good uptime.

I want to use this server for a long time. The specs above are the minimum. No WSI, Nocix, or dodgy/unreliable ISPs.

Comments

• OujiOuji Member

Hetzner.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Which locations are you open to?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Hetzner or online or even kimsufi

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

If you push your budget 10 usd more:
    Intel® Xeon® E3-1230v6 (4-Core, 8-Thread, 3.5GHz)
    16GB DDR4
    240GB NVMe
    100Mbps unmetered DDoS protected (Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, GTT, Telia, Equinix Peering, DECIX Peering, Private Peering)
    Dallas, TX
    50 usd p/m

Full server control via panel. And we have 100% power/network uptime last 5 years

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Raise your budget a tad and here is our offer:

Intel Xeon E5-2440 (9.1K)
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    250GB SSD
    1Gbps Port with 10TB Bandwidth (Uptime Reports)
    New York City, USA
    $49 per month

We provide a control panel that allows you to reinstall your OS as many times as you'd like, track bandwidth usage, and access KVM console.

Thanks

• @drserver said:
    16GB DDR4
    240GB NVMe
    100Mbps unmetered DDoS protected (Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, GTT, Telia, Equinix Peering, DECIX Peering, Private Peering)
    Dallas, TX
    50 usd p/m

Full server control via panel. And we have 100% power/network uptime last 5 years

+1 for @drserver. I've got 4 dedicated servers with them. Network, hardware and price are excellent. Their support is A+++ (talking about 2-3 minutes to clear a ticket, not just acknowledge it). You can't go wrong with them.

Thanked by 3drserver vimalware Ouji
  • @drserver is one of the friendliest and most professional hosts I've used. (circa 2014).
    $50 is cheap considering the level of service, and the bandwidth mix you're getting . (price is par for the USA; lock in that price with a 12/24/36 mo contract)

Thanked by 2drserver Ouji
  • If you only consider DDR4 based systems, then the cheapest option is the EX42-NVMe, I believe. If you remove that silly requirements, then Hetzner has multiple E3 and i7 based systems, and so does SeFlow. Increasing your budget a bit, you have ReliableSite's i5 in 3 US locations, OneProvider's i7, OVH's Game servers, the ones mentioned in this thread and many other options.

• @drserver said:
    16GB DDR4
    240GB NVMe
    Dallas, TX
    50 usd p/m

Will the price always stay the same?

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@brenthopkins said: Will the price always stay the same?

For you, yes, if you are paying $50 every month, this will continue until you cancel.