Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH: Standard vs Ultimate Bandwidth
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH: Standard vs Ultimate Bandwidth

Like title says, I have a server in ovh that come whit 1gbps default config, I have the option to upgrade to ultimate bandwidth, while i using the server i see that is not very good in terms of peering, the ultimate will me help to improve latency and peering??

Comments

• Possibly, depending on multiple factors, but yes, I believe that Ultimate offers access to OVH's entire network at 1Gbps, guaranteed, while Standard is limited access at 500Mbps on 1Gbps uplink.
    If you need guaranteed 1Gbps or access to the entire OVH network, check out Andy10Gbit. Slightly older hardware, but much cheaper.
    Depending on requirements, other providers might also be more suited for your task.

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited August 2019

Hd89 said: i see that is not very good in terms of peering

I am not up to speed with OVH latest networking type changes, but the previous iteration was about 1gbit/s guaranteed (for 250-500mbit/s servers) and then there were options for accessing some more transit services and have the speed guaranteed in there, too.

In any case, you need to tell us the most important piece of information:

Peering from where to where?

Thanked by 1jazz1611
  • Hd89Hd89 Member

It's for torrenting, but the standard is very poor whit torrents.

• @AC_Fan said:
    Possibly, depending on multiple factors, but yes, I believe that Ultimate offers access to OVH's entire network at 1Gbps, guaranteed, while Standard is limited access at 500Mbps on 1Gbps uplink.
    If you need guaranteed 1Gbps or access to the entire OVH network, check out Andy10Gbit. Slightly older hardware, but much cheaper.
    Depending on requirements, other providers might also be more suited for your task.

Where is andy10gbit offers at?

• @Hd89 said:

For Torrenting I can recommend nforce.

• @cybertech said:

@AC_Fan said:
    Possibly, depending on multiple factors, but yes, I believe that Ultimate offers access to OVH's entire network at 1Gbps, guaranteed, while Standard is limited access at 500Mbps on 1Gbps uplink.

Where is andy10gbit offers at?

He offers on Reddit and has a Discord, simply unbeatable for OVH 1Gbit servers. Also offers many servers from other providers at very good prices.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @Hd89 said:

Private ones, I hope? Then Andy should be good enough for you, and there are of course seedbox providers, VPS/Dedi and VPN providers.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2019

Hd89 said: It's for torrenting, but the standard is very poor whit torrents.

OVH has an incoming limit on UDP of 40 Mbit/sec per server, so check that your torrent client is not configured to prefer UDP (e.g. the "uTP" protocol in uTorrent and others).

• Hd89Hd89 Member

@rm_ said:

OVH has an incoming limit on UDP of 40 Mbit/sec per server, so check that your torrent client is not configured to prefer UDP (e.g. the "uTP" protocol in uTorrent and others).

Whit Ultimate Bandwidth will improve the peering??

• WolfWolf Member

@Hd89 said:

@rm_ said:

Not sure if troll or dumb.

Are your sure, that managing your own server is a good idea?

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider

@Wolf said:

@Hd89 said:

@rm_ said:

Seems like a valid question to me? Lots of companies have a 'premium' bandwidth option that has direct peering on internet exchanges, better upstreams, etc, where as their standard bandwidth option may only route your traffic through their budget providers.

• @DataWagon said:

@Wolf said:

@Hd89 said:

@rm_ said:

Seems like a valid question to me? Lots of companies have a 'premium' bandwidth option that has direct peering on internet exchanges, better upstreams, etc, where as their standard bandwidth option may only route your traffic through their budget providers.

Not that valid when it's repeated multiple times, even after two users ( @sgheghele and myself) have already confirmed that the 'Ultimate' option provides better peering, though it will be probably inconsequential for him, since he's using torrents.

• Hd89Hd89 Member

No need to fight broo, I understand now!