Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centos webpanel should I trust it and move in?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centos webpanel should I trust it and move in?

Should I trust centos web panel and move in or wait for some more time ?

Centos webpanel seems to have a lot of potentials and I love it but do not know the coding so

Comments

• Better to wait. According to Rack911 it needs to patch security issues.

Thanked by 1Oldmanasking
  • @niceboy said:
    Better to wait. According to Rack911 it needs to patch security issues.

Thanks a lot

• No

Thanked by 1Oldmanasking
  • @niceboy said:

Do you have any up-to-date link on that?

Thanked by 1Oldmanasking
  • nemnem Member, Host Rep

@AlwaysSkint said:

@niceboy said:

Do you have any up-to-date link on that?

Rack911 is posting the results of their first round shortly. Nothing yet, but I assume it'll come through on WHT first then trickle down.

• lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider

I use it for some personal projects that don't really need outside users logging in. It does have quite a bit of functionality but there are some limits that other panels have better control over.

Thanked by 1Oldmanasking
  • @lnx said:
    I use it for some personal projects that don't really need outside users logging in. It does have quite a bit of functionality but there are some limits that other panels have better control over.

As long as it is not used for shared hosting . It is used for personal , Locked well I mean the panel is restricted to ip , ssh port changed , the lock feature in filemanagement is used IS It safe for serious personal use ?

• @Oldmanasking said:

@lnx said:

As long as it is not used for shared hosting . It is used for personal , Locked well I mean the panel is restricted to ip , ssh port changed , the lock feature in filemanagement is used IS It safe for serious personal use ?

Yes. It's fine for personal use. But then again, if it's for personal use, I prefer command line

Thanked by 1Oldmanasking
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

As long as you know what you're doing its fine.

But if you're still concerned about security then move to a paid panel like DirectAdmin or get a Slice from @Francisco and enjoy free DirectAdmin license.

• nem said: Rack911 is posting the results of their first round shortly. Nothing yet, but I assume it'll come through on WHT first then trickle down.

Rack911 is doing a great job with this free audit. Nice to see software companies patching up their products swiftly. Hope it will be a safer environment for all users and companies after all this process is complete. I was not expecting so many flaws on widely used panels like the first round ones.

Thanked by 1Oldmanasking