Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reliable VPS for web hosting from Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reliable VPS for web hosting from Europe

draziloxdrazilox Member
edited July 2013 in Help

Ahoy!

I need help finding a reliable VPS for web hosting. The server needs to be in Europe.

Specs I'd like:

2GB-4GB RAM

2-4 CPU cores

≥ 100GB Disk

≥ 1000GB Disk

My budget is 10-20 dollars.

And I'd appreciate more comments from buyers than sellers, since sellers will always say that they are reliable.

Comments

• Makkesk8Makkesk8 Member
    edited July 2013

Contact @INIZ :)

• @Makkesk8 said:
    Contact INIZ :)

Are you a customer. They seem nice.

• @drazilox said:
    Are you a customer. They seem nice.

Yes I'm customer. I've been with iniz for 8 months now and I can't say anything bad about them.. Only good stuff and Patrick (owner of iniz) is a wonderful guy who does a great job.

Highly recommended that you go with him, you wont regret it :)

• Is @INIZ a 1 men show or are there more people involved?

• @taronyu said:
    Is INIZ a 1 men show or are there more people involved?

Theres a couple who does tickets and what not but Patrick is the only one who deals with the technical stuff.

• @Makkesk8 said:

That is probably the only bad thing about INIZ I found out so far.

• @taronyu said:
    That is probably the only bad thing about INIZ I found out so far.

Whats so bad about it? There's no need for 20 people handling the amount of customers INIZ has, Patrick does a great job and I talk with him on daily basis and there's no issues whats so ever.

• @Makkesk8 said:
    Whats so bad about it? There's no need for 20 people handling the amount of customers INIZ has, Patrick does a great job and I talk with him on daily basis and there's no issues whats so ever.

I just don't like a one man business. It doesn't prevent me to buy there nor do I say Patrick isn't doing a perfect job.

• @taronyu said:
    I just don't like a one man business. It doesn't prevent me to buy there nor do I say Patrick isn't doing a perfect job.

I understand, But isn't it wrong judging a book by its cover?

• ReeceReece Member
    edited July 2013

I am with INIZ: www.Iniz.com in NL

My review: http://vpsboard.com/topic/888-iniz-1-month-5-days-oh-god/

Patrick knows how to run a good operation ;)

• @Makkesk8 said:

The reason I don't like 1 person is because it is easy to abandon everything, doesn't mater if it is forced or not.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Makkesk8 said:

It may bring problems if the guy gets sick, for example.

However, most LEB hosts are one man shows, more or less, meaning one very skilled (sometimes not even that) person and at most a couple others doing various things.

Some employ other ppl to reply tickets or do sales, but if the tech guy gets ill, things can go south fast.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/12063/carstensz-pyramid-deadpooled

Since the prices are so low, you can buy 2 and do failover.

• @Maounique said:

I see.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited July 2013

@taronyu said:

We've been running fine for ~10 months now with me and another tech I know personally and a financial admin working when required and this is my ideal setup to save costs but also provide good service. I fully understand your concerns but we're not technically one man as there are others who work behind the scenes.

@drazilox if you have any questions let me know and I'll be glad to answer them for you directly through PM or here

Thanks for the recommendations @Reece, @makkesk8.

• @INIZ said:

I don't call that a 1 men business anymore. @Maounique already gave the reason why I dislike 1 men companies.

Again, I don't say you are doing a bad job, in fact you are doing a great job. =)

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • ReeceReece Member

@INIZ said:
    Thanks for the recommendations Reece, makkesk8.

Either way - it works well :)

• ztecztec Member

I can only advise to go with Iniz.

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited July 2013

@INIZ said:
    drazilox if you have any questions let me know and I'll be glad to answer them for you directly through PM or here

I can probably buy more IPs in future (for certificates), right? What are the prices for those?

PS. Your managed VPS page says 404 (not looking for one, just saying :) )

• @drazilox said:
    I can probably buy more IPs in future (for certificates), right? What are the prices for those?

£1/mo per ip

• @INIZ said:
    £1/mo per ip

Alrighty. One more question (which I should have asked earlier), do you have testfiles for your NL location. PM me or put link here if so.

• @drazilox said:
    Alrighty. One more question (which I should have asked earlier), do you have testfiles for your NL location. PM me or put link here if so.

Sure, sent you a PM

• I am a buyer and my dedicated server is running well so your the buyer and your vps will be running good try one, http://www.sonwebhost.com/bill426/cart.php?gid=13

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited July 2013

@Sonwebhost said:
    I am a buyer and my dedicated server is running well so your the buyer and your vps will be running good try one, http://www.sonwebhost.com/bill426/cart.php?gid=13

you might want to fix the currency selector on your cart. I selected JMD (Jamaican Dollars) and...

OpenVZ-4
    $0.20JMD Monthly 
    50 GB Disk Space
    2048 MB Guaranteed RAM
    2000 GB Bandwidth
    100 Mbit Network Speed
    1 IP Address
    Full Root Access

The current exchange rate is 1 Jamaican Dollar equals 0.0099 US Dollar...so if I pay you in Jamaican Dollars I can get a 2GB VPS for less than USD $0.01 :P

• But you would have to go to Jamaica to use it

• @Sonwebhost said:
    I am a buyer and my dedicated server is running well so your the buyer and your vps will be running good try one, http://www.sonwebhost.com/bill426/cart.php?gid=13

Yeah, I rather not.