Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
How websites like similarweb.com know the traffic ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

How websites like similarweb.com know the traffic ?

How websites like similarweb.com know the traffic website gets ? How much Visit Duration/ Pages per Visit /Visitors country ?

Comments

• They pull the numbers out of their ass.

🐴 $2/mo 512MB KVM - Unmetered bandwidth. $1.25 for 256GB Block Storage - from BuyVM (aff)

• @Harambe said:
    They pull the numbers out of their ass.

Ta-Daa

EVERYTHING IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO

• RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Provider

@webclouddev said:

@Harambe said:
    They pull the numbers out of their ass.

Ta-Daa

There’s probably some level of ass-pulling involved. It’s far from a perfect science, I would venture to guess.

Thanked by 1Amitz

KVM VPS Servers | Phoenix, AZ | Dallas, TX | DDoS Protected | Network Status
    Trade in unwanted PayPal, BTC, BCH, ETH, LTC -> Receive Shiny New VPS or Dedicated Server Hosting

• ...Our approach to data is guided by the principle of “methodological pluralism” – a tenet in the philosophy of science that all methodologies have strengths and weakness, and the best approach to “triangulating the truth” is to use multiple algorithms and data sources... (similarweb.com/corp/ourdata/)

Thanked by 1Amitz

#lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

• Their data was never inline with my own metrics. They guess.

Thanked by 1ITLabs

For those who care:
    You can now find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com or https://www.hostballs.com

• @ITLabs said:
    ...Our approach to data is guided by the principle of “methodological pluralism” – a tenet in the philosophy of science that all methodologies have strengths and weakness, and the best approach to “triangulating the truth” is to use multiple algorithms and data sources... (similarweb.com/corp/ourdata/)

In other words "snake oil bullshit".

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • AFAIK, they bought data from many analytics services, ads services.