Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of Starting Shared Hosting Business - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thinking of Starting Shared Hosting Business

2»

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@brenthopkins - bumping this thread with more discussion is fine I think - it's an interesting read, and it's not like you're shilling anything here.

EDIT2:

Also would recommend to check BuyVM - @Francisco seems to have been around the free speech block a few times and maintains a fairly permissive "law of the land" policy with regard to takedown demands

• @brenthopkins said:
    I'm an advocate for privacy and freedom of speech. If there is a user who is 100%, without a doubt breaking the law, I'd be more than happy to assist law enforcement. On the other hand, I'd be more than happy to protect a journalist who made a government angry.

I would imagine if things take off, I could get a dedicated server from Private Layer in Switzerland, and accept bitcoin for that location.

Please note that this web hosting business might not be launched until a month or two. It's still in the brainstorming stage right now, and I'd need to make sure everything works and looks decent before I launch it.

That's great! But if your users are permitted to be completely anonymous, you'll have no recourse if they spam, speed off and force you to pay to clean up their mess. And if you accidentally happen to host someone under trade sanctions by the originating country and law enforcement finds out, you could be in a lot of trouble. There are plenty of risks of allowing anonymous users on your systems; how you balance it is another thing.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited August 2019

One last thing and I am out, let me know the name of your hosting and who provided the network for you so I can stay far, far away. I will also let my clients know to stay away. This way you are going is a disaster waiting to happen.

• AuroraZ said: so I can stay far, far away. I will also let my clients know to stay away. This way you are going is a disaster waiting to happen.