Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverius ISO to install OS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverius ISO to install OS

ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
edited August 2019 in Help

Hey!
I am installing CentOS 7 via IPMI
Server located it Serverius

Is there anyone can tell me the following details of Serverius?

Share Host/IP
Share Name
Image file with Path

I know I can download iso from CentOS directly and can use it via virtual drive. But I want to try this thing as well for some testing purpose

Thank You!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited August 2019

What the... Are you really a Provider?

Forget Samba shares. Use netboot.xyz.

I don’t think they have a public or internal samba share either. Man. Stop offering services until you manage to learn such basic skills.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

I dont understand the question????
    Is that a Ticket you forwarded here, from a customer of yours?

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:
    What the... Are you really a Provider?

Forget Samba shares. Use netboot.xyz.

Dude what are you talking about!
    We know how to install OS via IPMI

One of our client requested this.

We recently have migrated our servers to Serverius.
    So we have very little info about their mirrors..

The client want to install OS by himself and He doesn't want to waste his local bandwidth by downloading CentOS on his computer to install as virtual media..

That's why we are looking for serverius mirrors and host IP

@HostSlick said:

Yup! Clients ticket. As he doesn't want to use his bandwidth to download CentOS to install it. So he wants serverius mirrors for that.

• @ViridWeb said:

@HostSlick said:

Yup! Clients ticket. As he doesn't want to use his bandwidth to download CentOS to install it. So he wants serverius mirrors for that.

Did you ever think about asking this from Serverius rather than from LowEndTalk?

Thanked by 2Electr0man BlaZe
  • XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

Have you tried asking Serverius for their Samba share with OS Images ?

btw I'm not aware of any colo/server provider who offer samba share that contains OS images for their clients. most provider will assume the client have that ready at their hands . by setting their own servers/VPSes.

If serverious don't have Samba Share and your IPMI have internet connectivity then use netboot.xyz as suggested by MikePT. if you access IPMI via VPN and private IP well your only option is to use NetInstall CentOS ISO and then use IPMI Virtual ISO to do the installation (or installing your own Samba share VPS on the same private network) .

Thanked by 2ViridWeb MikePT
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited August 2019

ViridWeb said: Dude what are you talking about!

Are you even a provider? Run your own share!

• Throwing client ticket to forum, wow realy great idea for free resource

Ok Issue resolved! Mod please close the Discussion..

• hzrhzr Member

ViridWeb said: Ok Issue resolved! Mod please close the Discussion..

Why did you edit your post and title?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

The OP is typical example of summer host, don’t know how to manage any hosting service but ready to trade :smile: and apparently providing a premium support using LET as support desk

Thanked by 2Tr33n Electr0man
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2019

@ViridWeb said:
    Ok Issue resolved! Mod please close the Discussion..

Why? It’s not your support desk therefore you should be name and blame for BS promises to your customers!

@hzr said:

ViridWeb said: Ok Issue resolved! Mod please close the Discussion..

Why did you edit your post and title?

Because the issue solved. We have added USB to the server instead of mirrors..

@WebProject said:
    The OP is typical example of summer host, don’t know how to manage any hosting service but ready to trade :smile: and apparently providing a premium support using LET as support desk

I am not asking support here..
    Just asking mirror links of OS from serverius If someone already knows..

Anyway thanks for your advice

edited August 2019

@ViridWeb,

That's not a mirror. It's a Samba share, 100% different. If you can't tell the difference then you really need to practice your skills before selling it for your customers.

As for netboot.xyz - I have been following it very closely. There was an issue with static IP's passing to the CentOS and other installers. This was fixed a few weeks ago, spoke to Antony there, the main developer to merge a pull request that had a fix... Though I was the first one to report the issue and the one that got the pull to be merged (it was a pull from a contributor there). This was an issue that most providers know about... It's been resolved. :)

• LeeLee Veteran

ViridWeb said: I am not asking support here..

Posting a clients ticket that was asking you questions and expecting people here to provide the solution. Yeah that is asking for support here.

Someone needs to undo your changes also, its best people get a clear image of what you are so they don't buy from you.

@MikePT said:
    @ViridWeb,

That's not a mirror. It's a Samba share, 100% different. If you can't tell the difference then you really need to practice your skills before selling it for your customers.

As for netboot.xyz - I have been following it very closely. There was an issue with static IP's passing to the CentOS and other installers. This was fixed a few weeks ago, spoke to Antony there, the main developer to merge a pull request that had a fix... Though I was the first one to report the issue and the one that got the pull to be merged (it was a pull from a contributor there). This was an issue that most providers know about... It's been resolved. :)

I know that buddy.. serverius also confirm they don't have Samba share..

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited August 2019

I just noticed the "premium" in OPs sig.

@ViridWeb 's sig says:
    VIRIDWEB - Dedicated Servers / KVM VPS / Premium Support / Remote Management / Windows & Linux / Unmetered Bandwidth

(emphasis mine)

• This is India!

• OK on a serious note take this from this thread, you live your servers to that dc, ok, your client has a dedi now, so, setup a vps on one of Your servers and setup a samba share that can only be accessed internally by your servers, boom profit right.

I mean tbh easiest thing as mentioned is netboot, I mean how bandwidth is used installing an OS via ipmi with it, like a few GB at max.

Thanked by 1kp93
  • kp93kp93 Member

@Bopie said:

I mean tbh easiest thing as mentioned is netboot, I mean how bandwidth is used installing an OS via ipmi with it, like a few GB at max.

Even any D.C would compensate used bandwidth for installation, as mostly it would be Internal traffic.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@ViridWeb is an awesome provider. Premium support and Unmetered bandwidth but on their website it shows bandwidth limits. The premium support is asking for help. Wow I am so wet right now. I'm going to buy a VPS. /sarcasm

Thanked by 1ITLabs