Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New kvm Storage production (30% off) start from 4.55 eur/mo 1tb hdd located in Romania ! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New kvm Storage production (30% off) start from 4.55 eur/mo 1tb hdd located in Romania !

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

My 14 days old ticket got deleted now without further notice, seems the queue got cleared again...

• ehabehab Member
    edited August 2019

or can be spending all your money on sisters from the other village. Off course yes. no problEM.

• LeviLevi Member

@pike said:
    My 14 days old ticket got deleted now without further notice, seems the queue got cleared again...

Hilarious. I lol'd so hard. It is almost like nouptime.com.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • pikepike Veteran

@Francisco LU Slabs, when?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@pike said:
    @Francisco LU Slabs, when?

Lets not start that here.

People have issues they need resolved.

Francisco

• @ehab said:
    or can be spending all your money on sisters from the other village. Off course yes. no problEM.

That should have been the first red flag. I thought it was universally understood around the world selling your sister (or buying) is a pretty scummy thing (hear about this from other Canadians visiting Cuba) and automatically makes you a piece of shit. Sure, say it once as a joke, say it 50 times and you're a piece of shit. It's creepy AF and just not funny. It's 2019, get the message.

But it's a catch-22. His prices are so low because service and support sucks and needs fresh money. To improve service and support, they need to charge more and hire better people.That's my point about CAC, charging more and actually providing timely service and support. It looks like a complete management change, and cociu just isn't cut out for this business.

I am cheap and spend a lot of time hunting down deals, but I wouldn't put up with 1/10th of these problems as I value my time more than that.

Thanked by 4uptime Ouji ITLabs grep
  • Wtf @cociu deleted my ticket too after 2 weeks of no response.

• @dahartigan said:
    Wtf @cociu deleted my ticket too after 2 weeks of no response.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ dahartigan
  • dahartigan said: Wtf @cociu deleted my ticket too after 2 weeks of no response.

our fault , the whmcs was set to close/delete the old tikets more than 10 days , we had some tikets opened with "when will be deployed" and stull like this, maybe your tiket was closed or deleted by fault. Any way apologise , you can open a new one and we will resolved asap.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @cociu said:

dahartigan said: Wtf @cociu deleted my ticket too after 2 weeks of no response.

our fault , the whmcs was set to close/delete the old tikets more than 10 days , we had some tikets opened with "when will be deployed" and stull like this, maybe your tiket was closed or deleted by fault. Any way apologise , you can open a new one and we will resolved asap.

New ticket 924156 :)

• All sorted, thanks @cociu :)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • and so we turn the page ...

What will this next chapter of the hostsolutions saga bring us low-end drama fans?

A tale of redemption, or a litany of woe?

Promises made, and promises kept?

Or refound opention, as lowend @Jesus wept

Welcome back @cociu :)

Thanked by 1gazmull
  • @uptime said:
    and so we turn the page ...

What will this next chapter of the hostsolutions saga bring us low-end drama fans?

we offer you today 50% extra credit for each credit uploaded in your account starting from 10 euros and up to 300 euros per customer. What you need to do to get this free credit ? is easy , you need to use the cupon upload credit and you will recive 50% more than you have upload

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @edfox said:
    we offer you today 50% extra credit for each credit uploaded in your account starting from 10 euros and up to 300 euros per customer. What you need to do to get this free credit ? is easy , you need to use the cupon upload credit and you will recive 50% more than you have upload

ooooo shiny!

r u cereal?

I am not yet received any such emails

gib link pleeze naooow !

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@TimboJones said: I thought it was universally understood around the world selling your sister (or buying) is a pretty scummy thing (hear about this from other Canadians visiting Cuba) and automatically makes you a piece of shit. Sure, say it once as a joke, say it 50 times and you're a piece of shit. It's creepy AF and just not funny. It's 2019, get the message.

For once I agree with @TimboJones about something.

The original "joke" dates from a few years ago, but it wasn't really a joke to begin with: it was uttered by an obstinate @cociu as part of an episode that got him (rightfully) temporarily banned. Probably few people on LET nowadays are even aware of that episode.

In any case, the "joke" was in bad taste, and anyone with a sister (or daughter or mother) shouldn't imagine otherwise.

• @cociu said:

Why are you setting WHMCS to close/delete tickets after 10 days when you don’t even answer them within that timescale?

Even if people are asking “when will be deployed“, you should still be answering them and not just deleting the ticket.

• Yes, it's time to retire the sister meme. The novelty is gone too.

Hope you get your support pipeline sorted soon, cociu.

I still think you should have bet hard on publicly available KVM offers, at least in 2017.

I remember I had a custom KVM from 2015. I had to give it up due to uptime issues.

It sounds like all your issues now are owing to integration issues between 3rd party modules, kvm hypervisors, customer frontends.
    Those always need thorough beta testing before a public rolllout.

• ehabehab Member

only when cociu closes shop the sister thing will stop.... had enough of sisters ... never.

• I agree about the issue of huge delays with cociu kvm offer.
    I was patient and not in need of it right away.
    Mine is working now.

• @LeonDynamic said:

@cociu said:

Why are you setting WHMCS to close/delete tickets after 10 days when you don’t even answer them within that timescale?

Even if people are asking “when will be deployed“, you should still be answering them and not just deleting the ticket.

Because people get annoyed with responses like "I don't know" or told a date that comes and goes multiple times. So no answer is the answer.

• BillBill Member

I signed up just to say thanks to @cociu I've been using hostsolutions for a couple years now with no complaints. Keep up the good work!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2019

@cociu is making multiple accounts now ^^

@Lee said:
    @cociu is making multiple accounts now ^^

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Thanked by 1ITLabs

Funny: I would have guessed that the username "@Bill" was already taken.

Thanked by 2Lee rchurch
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@angstrom said:

It indeed looks like that and smells ...

That said actually I'd wish that HostSolutions became a more solid and reliable provider. It would be great to have a cheap (but reasonably solid) provider in eastern Europe and from what I see @cociu / HostSolutions has a good base (e.g. own DC, multiple 10+ Gb/s lines, etc).

From what I know and see all that would be needed is cociu pushing sales a little less aggressively and putting more efforts into actually running the many VPS and dedis he sells and his operations (and support!) properly.

That's why I don't smirk at HostSolutions. Each time they fail or f_ck up, everybody loses, HostSolution as well as customers. If however cociu turned his operations into something more reliable and with faster support everybody would win.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

Bill is finaL opention?

EDIT2:

uptime@romohoho:~$ w
    19:49:49 up 49 days,  8:23,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

It's okay for me maybe ... (the €10/y openVZ, still idling like a champ. Lucky me I guess.)

• pikepike Veteran

@cociu can you please, please look at my ticket #552302? I'm waiting over a month now to use my server.

• IndiaIndia Member
    edited August 2019

pike said: can you please, please look at my ticket #552302? I'm waiting over a month now to use my server.

This is Romania, wait until cociu finish your sister!

@jsg said:

@angstrom said:

It indeed looks like that and smells ...

That said actually I'd wish that HostSolutions became a more solid and reliable provider. It would be great to have a cheap (but reasonably solid) provider in eastern Europe and from what I see @cociu / HostSolutions has a good base (e.g. own DC, multiple 10+ Gb/s lines, etc).

From what I know and see all that would be needed is cociu pushing sales a little less aggressively and putting more efforts into actually running the many VPS and dedis he sells and his operations (and support!) properly.

That's why I don't smirk at HostSolutions. Each time they fail or f_ck up, everybody loses, HostSolution as well as customers. If however cociu turned his operations into something more reliable and with faster support everybody would win.

I completely agree.

I've defended @cociu/HS in the past, and I'm not attacking them now. At the same time, we have to be realistic.

The good news is that there are people like @Bill and @uptime and @willie and others who are happy enough with @cociu's services, so not all is lost. :smile:

Thanked by 1skorous
  • @angstrom - maybe let's just say "lucky" ... and painfully aware that luck could run out at any moment. So, really not happy to see what seems to be yet another glib offer / cash grab followed by a long vacation leaving some significant number of people who (for whatever ill-advised reasons) actually trusted @cociu to deliver a working system and not just close tickets and go incommunicado for however long it was.

It's just that I've been shitposting in this thread enough to maybe feel the very slightest sense of obligation to balance some of that trolling with a brief snapshot of my current experience with a different, earlier offer (the 1 GB openVZ from April) - which I was actually somewhat surprised to find is still up and running. Hoping it will stay that way.

Thanked by 3skorous angstrom ITLabs