Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup introduces Reseller Hosting - Initial up to 25% discount recurring - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup introduces Reseller Hosting - Initial up to 25% discount recurring

2»

Comments

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited August 2019

@pullangcubo said:
    I just remembered that I have a year of free single-domain webhosting plan from netcup and decided to finally test it. Apparently, "external domains" (those that are not registered by netcup) doesn't come with nameserver services, which means that you have to have a third-party DNS set up for your external domain name and update the zone records with the info given by netcup.

I'm not sure if this is the same setup as with their reseller plans, but putting this here anyway just in case someone is looking.

They not offer white labeled DNS service, I mean you have to operate your OWN dns. And you cannot connect the dns to plesk as you dont have root access. Manual work. lol?

Is there anybody who could confirm it.

Just received the reply from support:

"thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately it is not possible to use the DNS Servers provided by plesk. But you can use Domains provided by another provider as External Domains in reseller webhosting."

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@AC_Fan said:

@Ympker said:

@AC_Fan said:
    @gonaif @hzr You're right, this is a lot less enticing now. I thought they stopped doing this, apparently not

Ouch. If memory serves, they've also done this with VPS, correct? Displaying a misleading total amount of storage boldly, that is later split up. Of course you still get 1TB of storage in total but not free to use the way you want, as 500GB is dedicated to mail.

Yup, they showed storage as 4 x something in RAID10, when simply putting 2 x something would have saved everybody a lot of confusion. Now, even BuyShared/RamNode are close to this pricing, and of course a jumbo size colo will become profitable in a while.

Yeah, netcup tend to set aside space for email, but the problem is that in the great majority of cases, it's too much space for email. I mentioned this in passing back in December:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2912238/#Comment_2912238

Thanked by 2Ympker ITLabs
  • ksekse Member

I don't think their target group for these packages are classic webhosting resellers, instead they are tergeting for media agencies who want to offer their customers a full service.
    Agencies that want to offer their customers hosting as well as development and support of a website (one contract for everything).

• @ZweiTiger

Oh wow.

I have no problem using my own nameservers, but at least give me an automatic way to sync zone records.

• @pullangcubo said:
    @ZweiTiger

Oh wow.

I have no problem using my own nameservers, but at least give me an automatic way to sync zone records.

If you register the domain with netcup, then you could use their nameservers. If you register it with external provider, then no NS.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

"up to 25%"

Thanked by 1Ympker