Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Germany,USA,India] - PaaS / Container-as-a-service - Pay for what you consume - Free $50 Credits - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Germany,USA,India] - PaaS / Container-as-a-service - Pay for what you consume - Free $50 Credits

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2019

@sanvit said:

I think there was a miscommunication. Most if not all providers will subtract your usage from your monthly total allowance (e.g. on your case 720GB per month - 10GB backup will still give you 710GB). Can you clarify this @leapswitch ?

that was my question before, hence the backup example. and the answer seems pretty clear that there is no monthly allowance ...

@leapswitch see, this is a good example why your offer is heavily misleading. even after my question and your answer.

no offense meant, maybe you can think of a different way to average this, otherwise I am quite sure it will bite you back. I would even be afraid to run an initial install of things from the repos because of that limit. and what about deploying docker as you mentioned above, if the template is >1GB ?

your service will be costly and people will be angry soon enough...

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@Falzo said:

@sanvit said:

It is different from a normal VPS as we do not have fixed monthly limits or plans. This service competes with AWS, Azure, GCP etc which include even less or no bandwidth with the cloud offering.

We have 1GB free per hour ( not 720GB per month ) , but depending on your usage you can use upto 720GB free per month.

Also, we do not limit it to once per account, you can have multiple environments and EACH environment gets the free limit.

70% of the applications hosted on CloudJiffy do not pay for bandwidth , which means they are below the 1GB free limit.

We are adding $50 free credit to cover any initial and ongoing additional bandwidth usage.

@Falzo a 2GB docker image will cost $0.06 to deploy and less than $2 to run for a month if idling. This includes 20GB space, backups, and a dashboard which does a lot more than your regular VPS.

Schedule a demo with us , take the $50 credit and see it for yourself.

• @leapswitch said:

I see. good if it works for you and best of luck with your sales. I am probably just the wrong audience here ;-)

however. I am still gonna stress the fact that your example of $7 monthly costs including 500GB bw is very misleading and also most likely not achievable with the hourly billing under real life conditions.

leapswitch said: 70% of the applications hosted on CloudJiffy do not pay for bandwidth , which means they are below the 1GB free limit.

yes, I am sure those 70% are also far away from even doing 100GB traffic in a month not to speak of the mentioned 500...

• This is the most creative way so far I've seen to giveaway credits :smiley:
    So what should we do or prepare for a scheduled demo? Is this somewhat a real-person 1-1 tutorial?

@justin4869 said:
    This is the most creative way so far I've seen to giveaway credits :smiley:
    So what should we do or prepare for a scheduled demo? Is this somewhat a real-person 1-1 tutorial?

Yes, this is a 1:1 real person tutorial where our solution architect will take you through CloudJiffy. We have found that it is the most effective way of showing our customers how this is different from using a normal VPS and how it saves them time and money on DevOps and Infrastructure.

Thanked by 2ehab vimalware

@Falzo said:

@leapswitch said:

I see. good if it works for you and best of luck with your sales. I am probably just the wrong audience here ;-)

however. I am still gonna stress the fact that your example of $7 monthly costs including 500GB bw is very misleading and also most likely not achievable with the hourly billing under real life conditions.

leapswitch said: 70% of the applications hosted on CloudJiffy do not pay for bandwidth , which means they are below the 1GB free limit.

yes, I am sure those 70% are also far away from even doing 100GB traffic in a month not to speak of the mentioned 500...

I understand where you are coming from and I can change the example to say 100 - 500GB depending on usage pattern.

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited August 2019

leapswitch said: It is different, but quite simple.

You can deploy your application and we will charge you based on -

Disk used ( free upto 20GB per application )
    Bandwidth/Data transfer used ( free upto 1GB per hour per application )
    Compute used ( in number of cloudlets - each having 128MB RAM / 400Mhz CPU )
    IPs - Optional ( Public IP is charged if used )
    CDN - Optional ( Verizon CDN charged per GB )
    Licenses - Optional ( Litespeed Web server, Litespeed ADC )
    All charges are per hour and deducted from your balance. Most of our customers don't have to pay for disk or bandwidth used because they are within the free limits.

Why don't you schedule a demo to learn more - https://calendly.com/cloudjiffy-demo ?

Yeah, I have scheduled a demo. Let's see how it's going. I will report here the experience later. Thanks.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • @Falzo said:

@sanvit said:

I think there was a miscommunication. Most if not all providers will subtract your usage from your monthly total allowance (e.g. on your case 720GB per month - 10GB backup will still give you 710GB). Can you clarify this @leapswitch ?

that was my question before, hence the backup example. and the answer seems pretty clear that there is no monthly allowance ...

@leapswitch see, this is a good example why your offer is heavily misleading. even after my question and your answer.

no offense meant, maybe you can think of a different way to average this, otherwise I am quite sure it will bite you back. I would even be afraid to run an initial install of things from the repos because of that limit. and what about deploying docker as you mentioned above, if the template is >1GB ?

@Falzo said:

@sanvit said:

So, this is why my billing skyrocket on a busy week (I am talking about 100gb of bandwidth). It would be of there is allowance of 1 month, or 24 hours. 1gb hourly is hardly any good for public apps. Private apps, maybe can work out with 1gb / hour. If 1 visitor consume at least 3mb, then in 1 hour the apps can only accommodate 300 users. Or remove the free bandwidth all together but make it cheaper.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • Hey, will the CDN be available for non-cloudjiffy origins any day?

@yokowasis said:

So, this is why my billing skyrocket on a busy week (I am talking about 100gb of bandwidth). It would be of there is allowance of 1 month, or 24 hours. 1gb hourly is hardly any good for public apps. Private apps, maybe can work out with 1gb / hour. If 1 visitor consume at least 3mb, then in 1 hour the apps can only accommodate 300 users. Or remove the free bandwidth all together but make it cheaper.

We can certainly look at reducing bandwidth prices in USA and Germany regions. India region bandwidth is priced very competitively as of now. If you are seeing high bandwidth charge in any of your environments, please feel free to PM me or open a ticket.

@sanvit said:
    Hey, will the CDN be available for non-cloudjiffy origins any day?

Hi, it is available but for large commit and contracts only. This is a condition from Verizon, not CloudJiffy.

• @leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

We can certainly look at reducing bandwidth prices in USA and Germany regions. India region bandwidth is priced very competitively as of now. If you are seeing high bandwidth charge in any of your environments, please feel free to PM me or open a ticket.

You should really reconsider your bandwidth pricing. Most people will think it as 720GB/m not 1GB/hr. Please consider changing it to the former at least for US and DE region.

Few more questions please. Which DC are you using in germany and LA (can't find any info about the DC on your network page). Do you have IPv6 available? If you do have IPv6, can I get an IPv6 only container to reduce the IPv4 price? Do you have internal IP? And can I do internal IP only VM (Load Balancing, DB connection, etc.)?

Thanks!

@sanvit said:

@leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

You should really reconsider your bandwidth pricing. Most people will think it as 720GB/m not 1GB/hr. Please consider changing it to the former at least for US and DE region.

Unfortunately, our system is built for hourly billing only so free bandwidth is also allocated on per hour basis. We will consider reducing bandwidth price in US and DE ( currently it is ~$0.06 per GB after the free limit )

Few more questions please. Which DC are you using in germany and LA (can't find any info about the DC on your network page). Do you have IPv6 available? If you do have IPv6, can I get an IPv6 only container to reduce the IPv4 price? Do you have internal IP? And can I do internal IP only VM (Load Balancing, DB connection, etc.)?

We are using Multacom DC1 in LA, USA and Accelerated DC in Frankfurt, Germany.

IPv6 should be available in Germany and USA by end of August. You can get IPv6 only, IPv4 only and internal IP only container.

All containers / VMs only have an internal IP by default. Public IP can be added only if required through our dashboard.

On all services, port 80 / 443 is publicly accessible via a free subdomain *.cloudjiffy.net . Any other port can be made publicly accessible using Endpoints ( https://cloudjiffy.com/portal/knowledgebase/100/Endpoints.html ) . In most cases public IP is not required or is used only at the public facing web server / load balancer.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited August 2019

@leapswitch said:

@sanvit said:

@leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

Unfortunately, our system is built for hourly billing only so free bandwidth is also allocated on per hour basis. We will consider reducing bandwidth price in US and DE ( currently it is ~$0.06 per GB after the free limit )

Most cloud providers' system is built for hourly billing, and they still do that. E.g. lunanode will give you 1/720 of your montly allocated bandwidth every hour and subtract that with actually consumed bandwith, and charge you for overage. Afaik AWS Lightsail, DO, Linode all does this similarly.

We are using Multacom DC1 in LA, USA and Accelerated DC in Frankfurt, Germany.

IPv6 should be available in Germany and USA by end of August. You can get IPv6 only, IPv4 only and internal IP only container.

All containers / VMs only have an internal IP by default. Public IP can be added only if required through our dashboard.

On all services, port 80 / 443 is publicly accessible via a free subdomain *.cloudjiffy.net . Any other port can be made publicly accessible using Endpoints ( https://cloudjiffy.com/portal/knowledgebase/100/Endpoints.html ) . In most cases public IP is not required or is used only at the public facing web server / load balancer.

In this case, can I set my domain's CNAME to something.cloudjiffy.net and use custom domain with cloudjiffy SSL/custom SSL?

• This system is good for micro services and SaaS. But I think this wont be good for scripts or CMS like Wordpress. The bandwidth price is the killer. If you offer Anycast maybe it is considerable. Maybe offer bandwidth pool? Let's say only my load balancer is public facing and i have 2 containers connected with a total of 30 cloudlets. My free bandwidth for the entire account should be either 30gb/hr and capped to 1460GB/mo .

Also what is the network of this? 10Mbps/100Mbps/1Gbps ?

Also how many nodes you have on each location? With a system like this I expect hundreds of nodes on each location, else no point doing high availability. Unless your purpose is only for spreading traffic/load. If few nodes only then no way to have redundancy.

@sanvit said:

Most cloud providers' system is built for hourly billing, and they still do that. E.g. lunanode will give you 1/720 of your montly allocated bandwidth every hour and subtract that with actually consumed bandwith, and charge you for overage. Afaik AWS Lightsail, DO, Linode all does this similarly.

I will check this with development team and get back to you.

In this case, can I set my domain's CNAME to something.cloudjiffy.net and use custom domain with cloudjiffy SSL/custom SSL?

You can do this using an external SSL ( Cloudflare or similar ) . If you wish to install a custom SSL on CloudJiffy, a public IPv4 will be required as of now. Our dev team is already working on removing this requirement.

Thanked by 1sanvit

@cazrz said:
    This system is good for micro services and SaaS. But I think this wont be good for scripts or CMS like Wordpress. The bandwidth price is the killer. If you offer Anycast maybe it is considerable. Maybe offer bandwidth pool? Let's say only my load balancer is public facing and i have 2 containers connected with a total of 30 cloudlets. My free bandwidth for the entire account should be either 30gb/hr and capped to 1460GB/mo

The free bandwidth is per environment not per container or per cloudlet. You can have 10 different environments running 10 separate web servers and use an external DNS load balancer for sending traffic to each of these web servers. This way , you will get 10GB free bandwidth per hour for the same application.

Please understand this is not a DO / Lightsail type of solution. We are offering much more than a plain VPS with OS installed. Signup for a demo , take the $50 credit and use it for ~1000GB bandwidth ( including free bandwidth ) :smile:

Also what is the network of this? 10Mbps/100Mbps/1Gbps ?

All containers are on 100mbps , can be increased on request to 1G . We will soon have all on 1G by default.

Also how many nodes you have on each location? With a system like this I expect hundreds of nodes on each location, else no point doing high availability. Unless your purpose is only for spreading traffic/load. If few nodes only then no way to have redundancy.

We have a minimum of 10 nodes per region and then add more as required. Each node is 32-48 vCPU / 256-512GB RAM . This is excluding other infrastructure, docker and backup nodes.

• If we can select the node for each environment then that will be good.

• @cazrz said:
    If we can select the node for each environment then that will be good.

At least something like 'provision on a different node from env. A and B'

@cazrz said:
    If we can select the node for each environment then that will be good.

Affinity is automatically decided. One environment is placed on 1 node if there is no horizontal scaling used. So a single Apache/PHP + MySQL would be 2 containers on the same node.

If you have 4 web servers in one environment, they will be placed on 4 different nodes by default.

Similarly if you use MySQL Cluster ( say Galera 3 node ) , it will be placed on 3 different physical servers alongwith 2 DB load balancers ( ProxySQL ) on 2 different physical servers.

Different environments will most likely be on different physical servers , depending on availability of resources.

Also, containers are live migrated throughout the region to balance load automatically.

Thanked by 2sanvit cazrz

@Falzo @sanvit @cazrz @yokowasis @sayem314 @vimalware

I believe I have tagged everyone who raised bandwidth pricing concerns.

I have discussed your view with our developers and it is possible to provide X amount of free bandwidth per month ( ~730GB ) which is not calculated on as 1GB per hour basis . Instead, your accounts will not be charged for bandwidth upto 730GB per month, only the overages will be charged.

As this is customization, we will need your registered email address to assign your account to the custom plan.

Would you like to signup / schedule a demo now ?

This is available to all LET users, just request it via PM or ticket.

• @leapswitch said:

I have discussed your view with our developers and it is possible to provide X amount of free bandwidth per month ( ~730GB ) which is not calculated on as 1GB per hour basis . Instead, your accounts will not be charged for bandwidth upto 730GB per month, only the overages will be charged.

As this is customization, we will need your registered email address to assign your account to the custom plan.

This is really awesome! I believe non-LET customers of yours will also appreciate this, but this is up to you :smile:

Just to make clear, is this 730GB per environment or 730GB per account? And what if we create/remove an environment during the month?

• Got $10 and reactivated my trial-expired account. Deployed a Docker container and it works great. Hope it can support custom SSL without public IP or additional LB with Let's Encrypt Add-on.
    The simplest solution should expose the container with HAProxy and install the SSL inside the container, just like how NAT VPS works.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@sanvit said:

@leapswitch said:

This is really awesome! I believe non-LET customers of yours will also appreciate this, but this is up to you :smile:

Just to make clear, is this 730GB per environment or 730GB per account? And what if we create/remove an environment during the month?

It is 730GB per environment . You will get flat 730GB per environment regardless of when it was created / removed .

Thanked by 2sanvit Falzo
  • @leapswitch it's awesome. Great

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • leapswitch said: As this is customization, we will need your registered email address to assign your account to the custom plan.

Would this be permanent and is there a plan to offer it without intervention in the future?

Thanks for participating actively in your offer thread: it's always a good sign and indication about the company.

Excited to give it a try.

Thanked by 2leapswitch Ouji

@caracal said:

leapswitch said: As this is customization, we will need your registered email address to assign your account to the custom plan.

Would this be permanent and is there a plan to offer it without intervention in the future?

This will be permanent for anyone who requests it. We will learn from the usage patterns to see whether can/should offer it as the default. We need to check abusive usage as well.

Thanks for participating actively in your offer thread: it's always a good sign and indication about the company.

Excited to give it a try.

Thank you and we look forward to having you on board.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • @leapswitch that's a good and much appreciated approach which should open up the whole thing to a bigger (more critical) userbase easily 😁

hope that demo tomorrow does not really need one hour though 👀

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@Falzo said:
    @leapswitch that's a good and much appreciated approach which should open up the whole thing to a bigger (more critical) userbase easily 😁

hope that demo tomorrow does not really need one hour though 👀

Thank you. It takes about 20 minutes to showcase all functionalities and options. After that about 10 minutes for questions. Some customers prefer if we assist in initial deployment of their architecture which can be done at the time of the call.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • leapswitch said: Some customers prefer if we assist in initial deployment of their architecture which can be done at the time of the call.

Haha, to be honest I don't even have a real use case yet. LET is often about idling things.
    But, as you offer Frankfurt as location, I am sure I can think of something ;-)