Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a server with 10gbit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need a server with 10gbit

Hi,
I'm writing here because I need to find a server with 10gbit full duplex, possibly with a cost of less than 500-600 €.
I don't need a lot of ram and a very powerful CPU, only at least 1TB of HDD/SSD space. The region where I need it is Europe
Thanks and have a good day

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

How much bandwidth with this 10G port, please?

• @Clouvider said:

Unlimited

• ehabehab Member

I need a pizza.

Thanked by 3BBTN BlaZe desperand
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@Clouvider said: How much bandwidth with this 10G port, please?

what did you expected if not full commit ? :)

Not in the budget, sorry.

IX bandwidth alone, which doesn't give you full table, costs 400 EUR, not including the gear to route it, or your server. Transit is even more expensive.

https://www.linx.net/wp-content/uploads/service-fees2019.pdf

Consider increasing your budget, quite a bit, or reducing your bandwidth consumption.

Thanked by 2ITLabs PureVoltage
  • @Clouvider said:

IX bandwidth alone, which doesn't give you full table, costs 400 EUR, not including the gear to route it, or your server. Transit is even more expensive.

Consider increasing your budget, quite a bit, or reducing your bandwidth consumption.

Interesting to see they are using WP. Nice overview though :)

@drserver said:

I had a good day and my believe in humanity was on the up today, sorry! :)

Thanked by 2ITLabs Falzo
  • AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep

@ZioBiscottozzo said:
    Hi,
    I'm writing here because I need to find a server with 10gbit full duplex, possibly with a cost of less than 500-600 €.
    I don't need a lot of ram and a very powerful CPU, only at least 1TB of HDD/SSD space. The region where I need it is Europe
    Thanks and have a good day

You mean per month? We cannot give you unlimited 10G traffic but can offer dedicated 10G ports starting at 20 EUR per month (only dedicated server). Traffic will be billed for each TB.

Regards
    Theo

• You can try contabo. They offer 10Gbit/s unlimited bandwidth. But in personal opinion, they're cheap but they're not DMCA friendly. Sometimes they really are sh*t on DMCA if you didn't or you were unable to remove DMCA reported content from the server within their given timeframe.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited August 2019

@Clouvider said:

Just a quick question, does peering costs extra on top of the IX fees? Does it differ from IX, regions?

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited August 2019

Try ukservers.com, sterling is at all time low now so could be interesting if you're currency is EUR/USD ;)

https://www.ukservers.com/server-hosting/10gbps-servers/

@sanvit said:

@Clouvider said:

Just a quick question, does peering costs extra on top of the IX fees? Does it differ from IX, regions?

No, but you won't get full routing table from the peers, so you still need some transit. Not all pers with also peer with you, some have strict limitations on who they peer with.

Local IX port will usually be much cheaper per Mbps than a transit (as simply it's cheaper to run an IX than international carrier that needs undersea cables, etc...), so this request is simply unrealistic.
    This cannot work without heavily overselling, based on the wholesale cost alone, which in a member IX will be same for everyone, you can clearly see that doing so at this price is not sustainable. You may be luck that someone has committed a ton of unnecessary bandwidth to get good per Mbps price, and they are perhaps willing to sell below cost to reduce their losses, but you clearly can't bank long term on such arrangement. It's simply unsustainable :).

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@drserver said:

Ok so you mean 10G unmetered can be possible with 600 euro?
    Then I think very soon you have to start another business..

edited August 2019

https://www.interserver.net/dedicated/10gbps.html that would be 300 ish usd for E3.

edited August 2019

@ViridWeb said:

I am in hosting from 2009. For how long you are in hosting ? Regarding your suggestion that i should start another business I have started 2 more business few years ago. That is how i own the best steakhouse in Croatia and wrap shop with 90% market share in the region. And guess what, all are super profitable.

https://www.interserver.net/dedicated/10gbps.html that would be 300 ish usd for E3.
    10G HE cost 0.09 per mbps. How much you guys are overcommitting those days 3x 4x ?

Now regarding my previous comment that you are referring to, LET is very specific market where customers are demanding most for their money. As OP didn't stated bandwidth it was natural for me to conclude that he needs unmetered port. I am sorry if you are not thinking on that level.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Ping me a message on [email protected] and we will see what we can work out for you.

• hmmmm @drserver now I need a nice steak with 10 wraps ...!

and unlimited applesauce please

Thanked by 1ITLabs

@drserver said:

@ViridWeb said:

I am in hosting from 2009. For how long you are in hosting ? Regarding your suggestion that i should start another business I have started 2 more business few years ago. That is how i own the best steakhouse in Croatia and wrap shop with 90% market share in the region. And guess what, all are super profitable.

10G HE cost 0.09 per mbps. How much you guys are overcommitting those days 3x 4x ?

Now regarding my previous comment that you are referring to, LET is very specific market where customers are demanding most for their money. As OP didn't stated bandwidth it was natural for me to conclude that he needs unmetered port. I am sorry if you are not thinking on that level.

I think you have missed OP's reply
    He wants 10G full duplex and unlimited bandwidth

@ZioBiscottozzo said:
    Hi,

@ZioBiscottozzo said:

@Clouvider said:

Unlimited

• @ViridWeb c'mon bro ... the reading comprehension thing ... you remember how to chickety check yourself right?

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @uptime said:
    hmmmm @drserver now I need a nice steak with 10 wraps ...!

and unlimited applesauce please

Make it double with 1 teralitre of Vienna Lager beer please.

Thanked by 1uptime

@uptime said:
    @ViridWeb c'mon bro ... the reading comprehension thing ... you remember how to chickety check yourself right?

Ya maybe I chose the wrong word but I just want to say that 10G dedicated port with unlimited bandwidth at 600 euro or less is very difficult..

Anyway no personal bad feelings for him..

Let's stop fighting..:)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I miss @deank...

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • It says +2000 for unmetered 10Gbps.. +200 for unmetered 1Gbps...

• SkanderSkander Member
    edited August 2019

@drserver said:

@ViridWeb said:

as @kkrajk said.

2K / m

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ZioBiscottozzo said: Unlimited

LOL, why do you want to be using around 3000TB p/month?

I assume this is just another case of someone being lazy and you cant be bothered to work out what you need, when you say unlimited, people prepared to quote (that you would want to actually work with) have to assume you mean the maximum possible when you say unlimited.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

ZioBiscottozzo said: Unlimited

LOL, why do you want to be using around 3000TB p/month?

Me got some serious ISO business going on, mothertrucker

Thanked by 3kkrajk lazyt FoxelVox
  • estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

like @deank would say, The END is Nigh! :)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@ZioBiscottozzo said:

@Clouvider said:

Unlimited

So, you really need to transfer 3600 TB per month or roughly 120 TB per day?

Won't happen for 500 to 600$ per month.For that to work the price per TB would need to be about 15 to 20 cents which might be feasible for Google or Facebook but even most providers pay more themselves.

So, do yourself a favour and find out what you really need and then ask again.

Thanked by 2Clouvider lazyt
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

FDCServers can probably pull this off. Just remember it's single-homed Cogent, cheap and dirty bandwidth.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting