Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a dedicated server no more than 30usd
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a dedicated server no more than 30usd

764664764664 Member
edited July 2013 in Requests

Hi.

I want to find a dedicated server in USA (western preferred) for no more than $30.

spec similar to wholesaleinternets's offer (no stock now):

Core2Quad/4G RAM/500G HDD

atom is not preferred due to low performance.

any suggestions?

thx

Comments

• I'm interested too :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Get these for $35-39, https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/
    bit more than $30, but the specs are higher and the $39 one even has 2 HDDs.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @rm_ If one goes for lower specs, are there other good options. Since my three orders at OVH have been cancelled, I'm on the lookout for something that's affordable.

• 764664764664 Member
    edited July 2013

@rm_ said:
    Get these for $35-39, https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/
    bit more than $30, but the specs are higher and the $39 one even has 2 HDDs.

Thanks.

I had taken their offers into consideration.

The specs are attractive, however, over my budget though not much.

I tend to find the best offer precisely no more than 30.

• I was about to buy one from wholesaleinternet.
    After reading some of my friend that having problem with datashack support and network, is it okay to buy from them?

So, which one rm_?
    wholesaleinternet or datashack?

• I have a personal theory that WholesaleInternet and DataShack are related. They're both in Kansas City and had their website designed by the same company.

• They are related. Some of their support members are the same and they are in the exact same facility. Also, here are Datashack's network providers: http://bgp.he.net/AS33387

• I guess there is no provider could offer this price range with the server configuration now,Try you luck to mail the WII again if you still interested or maybe Annual advance payment.

• A large range of Dedicated server from $19.99/mo will meet your requirement by wcloudhosting.com

• @WCloudHosting said:
    A large range of Dedicated server from $19.99/mo will meet your requirement by wcloudhosting.com

^^ Overpriced OVH reseller

Thanked by 4rm_ tux wrox Infinity
  • 764664764664 Member

@WCloudHosting said:
    A large range of Dedicated server from $19.99/mo will meet your requirement by wcloudhosting.com

I think your servers are not located in the USA, and I'm afraid Atom's performance is much lower than something like Core2 Quad.

• PatsPats Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    I was about to buy one from wholesaleinternet.
    After reading some of my friend that having problem with datashack support and network, is it okay to buy from them?

So, which one rm_?
    wholesaleinternet or datashack?

Erawan, i had a dedi with Datashack, overall experience was nice, there was an issue with Proxmox install and their support did it for me. It was HP server and they hooked me on the HP iLight, so after that support requirement was nill. There was a long post here that time and many of us here had grabbed dedi's from Datashack including Jar if i remember correctly...

• @764664 said:
    I think your servers are not located in the USA, and I'm afraid Atom's performance is much lower than something like Core2 Quad.

No, our data centers are located in USA

• @WCloudHosting said:
    No, our data centers are located in USA

There are no Atom Kimsufis in USA.

• We can do:

Intel i3-2120
    8GB RAM
    Intel 320 SSD (40GB)

for

$30/mo in Dallas.

Thanked by 1764664
  • 764664764664 Member
    edited July 2013

@ShardHost said:
    We can do:

Intel i3-2120
    8GB RAM
    Intel 320 SSD (40GB)

for

$30/mo in Dallas.

I'm interested in it. Your network works great for me in the past days.

Is it possible to replace SSD with a regular HDD?

I prefer larger disk space to speed.

• @ShardHost said:
    We can do:

Intel i3-2120
    8GB RAM
    Intel 320 SSD (40GB)

for

$30/mo in Dallas.

How about the bandwidth?

• netadminnetadmin Member
    edited July 2013

@WCloudHosting said: No, our data centers are located in USA

Could you be more specific: where exactly in the US? Any test IP ? IPv6 available?

And what kind of Celeron/Atom are you using in your $19.99 offer?

Thanked by 1ska
  • @764664 said:

Sadly this is a one off server. It is in that configuration I am afraid. We can also do this exact server in Buffalo if preferred.

Bandwidth would be 5TB on a GigE port.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited July 2013

@ShardHost said:
    We can also do this exact server in Buffalo if preferred.

If this isn't exclusive to @764664, I would buy the Buffalo one too. Assuming you have remote power/reboot/boot access that is.

• @Zetta said:
    If this isn't exclusive to 764664, I would buy the Buffalo one too. Assuming you have remote power/reboot/boot access that is.

Both servers come with IPMI of which you will be given access.

Thanked by 1Zetta
  • Core2Quad/4G RAM/500G HDD
    60 GB Disk Space
    1024 MB Guaranteed RAM
    2048 MB Burstable to RAM
    2000 GB Bandwidth
    1 Gbps Network Speed
    1 IP Addresses
    Full Root Access
    $29.95/month
    http://www.sonwebhost.com/bill426/cart.php?gid=5

• @Sonwebhost said:
    Core2Quad/4G RAM/500G HDD
    60 GB Disk Space
    1024 MB Guaranteed RAM
    2048 MB Burstable to RAM
    2000 GB Bandwidth
    1 Gbps Network Speed
    1 IP Addresses
    Full Root Access
    $29.95/month
    http://www.sonwebhost.com/bill426/cart.php?gid=5

They don't want a vps, dumbass.

• SonwebhostSonwebhost Member
    edited July 2013

i3 2100 Intel Core
    $80 / per month

3.1GHz
    2 Cores / 4 Threads
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    500 GB HDD
    20 TB Monthly Transfer
    /64 IPv6 Address Block

http://www.sonwebhost.com/dedicated.html

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited July 2013

@Sonwebhost said:
    i3 2100 Intel Core
    $80 / per month

3.1GHz
    2 Cores / 4 Threads
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    500 GB HDD
    20 TB Monthly Transfer
    /64 IPv6 Address Block

http://www.sonwebhost.com/dedicated.html

If you want to SPAM your offers so badly, read first. OP wants <$30.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • funny when someone uses bad language your ok with that, you think that line can work on the use of bad language, or that's not spam. I am not spamming just letting the request know what a real dedicated server cost and what you get for it....

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited July 2013

@Sonwebhost said:
    funny when someone uses bad language your ok with that, you think that line can work on the use of bad language, or that's not spam. I am not spamming just letting the request know what a real dedicated server cost and what you get for it....

Overpriced crap

• crap

• Sonwebhost, it is spam. It's clear from your reply that you didn't even take OP's requirements into account when you posted. You quoted a price $50 out of his budget without so much as a single line of clarification. I seriously thought you had accidentally posted to the wrong thread.

• IvanIvan Member
    edited July 2013

@Sonwebhost said:
    funny when someone uses bad language your ok with that, you think that line can work on the use of bad language, or that's not spam. I am not spamming just letting the request know what a real dedicated server cost and what you get for it....

You are sort of spamming. First off, you posted an irrelevant reply to this thread with an irrelevant, un-needed offer. OP was looking for a dedicated server no more than $30, and you posted one of your plans which costs $29.95/month. Okay, that's relevant, so we're good. But wait, the title clearly states OP wants a dedicated server, and your plan was a VPS. That's proof of ignorance and/or spam and/or irrelevancy.

Then, you posted another plan/offer of yours, which happens to be a dedicated server. Oh, great, some relevancy, finally. Oh wait, no, wasn't OP asking for one no more than $30/month? Yeah, well, your offer was $80/month.. what was that for?

just letting the request know what a real dedicated server cost and what you get for it....

My brain hurts, I do not get your point.

No flame intended really, I'm just proving your point false, and that you are in fact spamming, maybe you're not posting useless replies excessively, but you are of course posting irrelevant offers that were not asked for. Your purpose? I don't know, because I can't seem to understand the sentence you typed out.

Unless you can post something that is a dedicated server and costs no more than $30/month, you will be called out for posting spam/useless offers that are not wanted/needed.

Anyway, to contribute to OP's post, try asking @BlueVM. Johnston has a bunch of Atom dedis sitting around, and according to this thread he could be able to let you lease it for $15-20 a month. :)

Thanked by 1764664