Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ A small praise for KnownHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A small praise for KnownHost

AmitzAmitz Member
edited August 2019 in Reviews

Cheerio guys & gals!

I know, KnownHost (https://www.knownhost.com) is not what we would all consider a typical LET host, especially price wise. However, @ChrisMiller offered me a very good discount on their smallest VPS (so called "Basic VPS") two years ago, when I was looking for a managed solution to host family & friends without headaches. The location that I took is their NL data center.

What can I report after being two years with them? Nothing but good things!

UptimeRobot has not reported any downtime during that time frame.

Support is incredibly fast and has always been able to fix my server issues in no time. This was the most important thing for me and I never got disappointed.

Finally vacations without some friends' small business website being down (because they fucked up something) and me having to take a look at the issue. Just open a ticket with their support, have a Gin and Tonic at the bar, only to see it resolved and fully working afterwards, even with a small documentation of what has been done. I could not be happier.

So if you are looking for a cPanel or DirectAdmin VPS and don't mind paying a small "extra" for excellent managed services -> Take them into account. Absolutely worth it.

Enjoy your weekend & kind regards.
-Amitz

ยซ1

Comments

• kp93kp93 Member

I have used them for a year, before they launched NL location.

Their support is excellent, tickets were replied within 5 minutes.

On my Managed cPanel box once they recovered critical mysql failure.

Recommended host.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

KnownHost are great.... just wish they had UK

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

So you mean I won't lose $$$$ millions if I host with them?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2019

Probably not. But it's so easy to lose $$$$ millions nowadays, that I cannot guarantee it.
    But seriously: I would have no worries hosting important stuff with them. They have been consistently great for years now. I am actually considering hosting the website of my own company there, after evaluating them for long now.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited August 2019

KnownHost is indeed ideal for serious business projects. Top notch services, been years with them.

Remember the old days of wiredtree? I loved that brand. It was on par with KH, but KH finally killed the competition. WT got sold and it disappeared.

There is no comparable services with KH nowdays. Reactive management at small prices, hard to beat.

Thanked by 2Amitz raindog308
  • I haven't seen any offers from them here, which is understandable given that they're not really a lowend provider, but now's a good excuse to throw some super limited coupon codes, right @ChrisMiller? :lol:

• sonicsonic Veteran

KnownHost is one of the best managed VPS I've ever used! Kudos to the team!

• Oh WiredTree... Loved them back in the days before they got sold.
    But Knownhost is an excellent replacement.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I think your service outlived Chris's time there, fairly sure he's at QPS now.

I can +1 KnownHost though for managed, used them way way back. A friend asked me for a managed VPS recommendation in ~2012 and I suggested them, just checked and his company is still using KH... so service must be great if he hasn't moved anything in over 7 years.

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller Ympker
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Wait waaaa. Did Chris moved to QuickPacket? @Harambe

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • Linkedin says so.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited August 2019

Harambe said:

You are correct sir! I haven't worked for KH since the end of last year.

I am now loving life @qps

Thanked by 2Foul Ympker
  • LeeLee Veteran

ChrisMiller said: I am now loving life @qps

KH are loving it more without you!

• Lee said: KH are loving it more without you!

Wrong! They miss me dearly. I was like a father to them! < insert laughing gif >

Thanked by 2Lee Foul
  • jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

Glad to hear all is going well for you @Amitz! We try very hard.

We are working on expanding our unmanaged/low-end offers so everyone keep their ears out for some great offers to drop soon ;)

• @ChrisMiller said:

Harambe said:

Quiet Michigan traitor! ๐Ÿ˜œ

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • I'll have to agree KH has been as dependable as they come. My two VPSs there just keep on ticking.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2019

@jonathanspw said:

We are working on expanding our unmanaged/low-end offers so everyone keep their ears out for some great offers to drop soon ;)

Didn't you already have a budget brand some years ago? RocketVPS or something like that?
    I remember having some service there. KnownHost uptime, just without the management.

• @AuroraZ said:

@ChrisMiller said:

Harambe said:

I am a traitor no more. I returned to the land of Civliation last year.

• @ChrisMiller said:

@AuroraZ said:

@ChrisMiller said:

Harambe said:

About damned time, close to where you were, or one of those people from South Michigan?

• @AuroraZ said:

@ChrisMiller said:

@AuroraZ said:

@ChrisMiller said:

Harambe said:

About damned time, close to where you were, or one of those people from South Michigan?

I kept my house just South of Traverse. In the NW part of the state. When I moved to Alabama

• @ChrisMiller said:

@AuroraZ said:

@ChrisMiller said:

@AuroraZ said:

@ChrisMiller said:

Harambe said:

I kept my house just South of Traverse. In the NW part of the state. When I moved to Alabama

At least you don't live in the Southern half. I will forgive you......for now.

• @jonathanspw said:

Looking forward to some offers :smile:

Just a small note regarding the new website..
    While I'm sure the DDoS protection is complementary to the VPS offering, I think you meant "complimentary" as in free.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Lee said: KH are loving it more without you!

I'm sure they are missing out on the Trump memes...

• @qps said:

You can still return him to KnownHost - They have a a money back guarantee... ;)

• So @qps has @ChrisMiller and @jar now?

Thanked by 3ChrisMiller jar Foul

@Amitz said:

@jonathanspw said:

Didn't you already have a budget brand some years ago? RocketVPS or something like that?
    I remember having some service there. KnownHost uptime, just without the management.

Yeah we did, and in the end we rolled it back into KH. We've recently launched our unmanaged cloud KVM line and are expanding upon that within the KH brand itself doing it better this time with more products on the unmanaged front coming soon!

Thanked by 2Hxxx Amitz

@Amitz said:

@qps said:

You can still return him to KnownHost - They have a a money back guarantee... ;)

No.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Great news. I went over the new section unmanaged cloud. Looking good. Are you going to launch new services, or you are referring to the ones listed on that page?

@jonathanspw said:

@Amitz said:

@jonathanspw said:

Yeah we did, and in the end we rolled it back into KH. We've recently launched our unmanaged cloud KVM line and are expanding upon that within the KH brand itself doing it better this time with more products on the unmanaged front coming soon!

• Amitz said: You can still return him to KnownHost - They have a a money back guarantee...

I'm almost 6 months past the 30 Day Guarantee. ;)

Thanked by 2Amitz Ympker