Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Email Provider you using for Personal Use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Email Provider you using for Personal Use?

i switched from Gmail to Self Hosted Mailcow for 2 domains . so far it has no issues.

previously i was using the dockerized version and later moved to hosted one.

Just want to know what is your current Email provider for Personal Use ?

Comments

• mxroute

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

Me with Mail-in-a-Box ...

Thanked by 1captainwasabi
  • MXRoute for personal & general smtp use.

• Mailcow, some domain with external smtp relay

• mailcheap.co

Thanked by 1lnx
  • mxroute as well, so far so good

• Fastmail, very happy with it but it's expensive.

Thanked by 2JasonM iKeyZ
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

My own

Thanked by 2fLoo wdmg
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2019

Gmail for the noise, personal site’s email via zoho MXroute.
    Added later:
    Had used inbox dot eu before but decided to try MXroute since business has multiple domains. Liked it, moved the personal account. also seeing this thread and comments from @jar seems like a good move so far.

• Mailcow with external relay and MXroute

@amsaal said:
    i switched from Gmail to Self Hosted Mailcow for 2 domains . so far it has no issues.

May I ask you the reason you moved out?

• riotriot Member

Postfix.

Thanked by 3rm_ fLoo wdmg
  • namecheap.. actually very cheap

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

I also use MXroute, works great for my needs. Definitely would recommend for anyone looking.

• @sanvit said:
    Mailcow with external relay and MXroute

@amsaal said:

May I ask you the reason you moved out?

just that i see guys from reddit moved out as they say due to privacy concern. And good to have your own self hosted since for me its a learning curve and to understand more about it.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited August 2019

Can Gmail be set to retrieve emails from MXroute using POP3, or some other methods?

Can it also be configured to use MXroute for sending emails using Gmail?

To be precise - would like being able to do something exactly like this:

https://io.bikegremlin.com/10364/website-gmail/

Another question:
    MS Exchange vs Gsuite vs MXroute - what are the differences in practice (price aside)?

• @bikegremlin said:
    Can Gmail be set to retrieve emails from MXroute using POP3, or some other methods?

Another question:
    MS Exchange vs Gsuite vs MXroute - what are the differences in practice (price aside)?

Your link already answered your question

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@bikegremlin said:

Another question:

Yes, I support POP3, IMAP, and SMTP. No hoops to jump through, just the basic protocols as expected. I try to keep it simple on that front while my real work goes to the outbound infrastructure, because I'm obsessed with high quality outbound delivery.

• Cloudcone hosted email platform... works good enough for my current needs but I don’t use it often enough to be able to evaluate its’ reliability.

• @jar said:

@bikegremlin said:

Another question:

Yes, I support POP3, IMAP, and SMTP. No hoops to jump through, just the basic protocols as expected. I try to keep it simple on that front while my real work goes to the outbound infrastructure, because I'm obsessed with high quality outbound delivery.

If I use a lifetime promotion, with unlimited domains and email accounts, would this be considered a fair use:

Say 20 domains, with 2-3 emails for each domain, configure them to store emails elsewhere (not using the 10 GB storage limit).

300 outbound emails per hour is "counted" for all the accounts on aggregate, or per email, or domain?

When 301st email gets sent, does it get discarded, or just "held back" then re-sent the next hour?

Not planning any mailing lists - doesn't look like a solution for that though.

But being able to receive any emails is important (even if filter thinks they are spam - would like the option of checking that and allowing some, at least manually), as well as good deliverability.

edited August 2019

bikegremlin said: If I use a lifetime promotion, with unlimited domains and email accounts, would this be considered a fair use:

Sure, that won't bother me any.

bikegremlin said: When 301st email gets sent, does it get discarded, or just "held back" then re-sent the next hour?

It gets returned. The real limit is over 300 but I can't say by how much, it's a dice roll. It's 300 per hour per sender on each outbound filter server, which is DNS round robin (aka not true round robin, not evenly distributed).

• @jar said:

bikegremlin said: If I use a lifetime promotion, with unlimited domains and email accounts, would this be considered a fair use:

Sure, that won't bother me any.

bikegremlin said: When 301st email gets sent, does it get discarded, or just "held back" then re-sent the next hour?

It gets returned. The real limit is over 300 but I can't say by how much, it's a dice roll. It's 300 per hour per sender on each outbound filter server, which is DNS round robin (aka not true round robin, not evenly distributed).

Just to clarify:

If one account is used to set up:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Does each of those emails get 300 per hour limit?
    Or it is counted on aggregate, since both are set up with the same account?

P.S. anyone used Yandex?
    https://connect.yandex.com/pdd/

• Gmail for transactions & Yahoo for forum & web site signups

Thanked by 1Chuck

bikegremlin said: Does each of those emails get 300 per hour limit?

Each one. The filter servers aren't smart enough to know they're connected, it's just pulling the headers and grabbing the sender.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • the good thing about what i like in mailcow is the Domain Admin can enable 2way authentication and brute force check is already enabled by default.

The anti spam features are better then Gmail according to my preference.

• Just a quick survey: for all using MXRoute, who are actively using CrossBox?

Also @jar, I vaguely remember reading before, at the onset of this whole cPanel saga, that you were considering moving to a different panel? And because of that, MXRoute's support for CrossBox is in limbo? Is this impression of mine accurate?

@pullangcubo said:
    Just a quick survey: for all using MXRoute, who are actively using CrossBox?

Also @jar, I vaguely remember reading before, at the onset of this whole cPanel saga, that you were considering moving to a different panel? And because of that, MXRoute's support for CrossBox is in limbo? Is this impression of mine accurate?

Right now my thinking is that crossbox will actually carry over to the new system, but I haven't yet tested that. There will be a ton of considerations before a change, to make sure that at least most customers see it as an upgrade.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • SadySady Member
    edited August 2019

MXRoute since 2015, running rock solid. Referred like 5-6 clients/friends and they couldn't be any happier. Referred the last one yesterday ;)

Thanked by 2jar coreflux
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited August 2019

@jar said:

@pullangcubo said:
    Just a quick survey: for all using MXRoute, who are actively using CrossBox?

Right now my thinking is that crossbox will actually carry over to the new system, but I haven't yet tested that. There will be a ton of considerations before a change, to make sure that at least most customers see it as an upgrade.

I heard about your business only this year. Good reputation.
    Am seriously considering betting a 100$ that it will work (lifetime license). :)

My goal is to find a reliable way for most emails to arrive to my inbox and also to have all the emails arrive at the destination (just regular replies and confirmations). I understand that for mailing lists and thousands of emails, SendGrid, or similar solutions are required.

Also looking at MS Exchange and G-suite, but MX Route looks like a decent option, even for business (unless sending tons of emails, of course).

For sending more emails - can MX Route be used with SendGrid if/when sending more emails is needed (sorry if it's a stupid question - didn't google on that yet)?
    Does that "avoid" the 300 emails per hour limit in any way?

Another question for the 2way mail confirmation requirement, if SendGrid integration works:

If customers subscribe to my service. Like registering on the website. And I send email schedules for meetings/classes/whatever to thousands of them. Does that get flagged as spamming?
    To clarify: signing on the website would have them understand and desire to be notified (that is: not informing would be considered a problem and have 99.9% customers angry).
    But I don't think asking them to opt in for the 2nd time would be practical to most.

Example: sign up for yoga classes. You'll get notified of any schedule changes via website and to your e-mail, that you used to register with the website/create account.

Is it problem if the number of customers is in (hundreds of) thousands - if using SendGrid?

No spaming, no marketing/promotion emails, just schedules, re-schedules and important notifications (along with invoices, payment confirmations emails etc.).

Is your solution a good tool for this, or would you recommend something else?

• Gmail for personal and domain registration. Yandex for incoming emai. And yahoo disposable email for some fishy forums

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

bikegremlin said: P.S. anyone used Yandex?

Kind of ... they are oddly picky that each email account belongs to a different physical person. Which is illogical. Other than that, it seems great other than you are obliged to use their DNS for the domain that they host email on - which I am not overly fond of.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
This discussion has been closed.