Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HTML/Bootstrap Sitebuilder - Looking for feedback
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HTML/Bootstrap Sitebuilder - Looking for feedback

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited August 2019 in General

So, I was thinking about offering Architect Site Builder from Codecanyon for free to some of my clients along a Web Hosting plan. I have played around with it a bit myself a while back and actually preferred Mobirise (software) but it would still be great to get some feedback regarding this self hosted Sitebuilder anyway :slight_smile:

Registration is currently disabled so PM me/post here if you are interested and I'll gladly provide you with a login. You'll be able to export&use any websites you created with the Sitebuilder ;)

Main questions I am interested in:

1.) How long did it take you to create a "useable" page (not whole website but let's say 1 page you would be "satisfied" enough with to be using on some project)?

a) 1-30 minutes
b) 30-60 minutes
c) Longer

2.) Would you think this Sitebuilder make a good "freebie" addon for any clients that don't want to use WordPress for their websites?

3.) How intuitive would you rate the Sitebuilder out of /10 ? *

4.) Feel free to post screenshots of the sites you created here :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Ympker

Good to know/Known issues:

Creating a new site using one of the themes works without issues.
Starting from a “Blank page” via the respective button triggers a “you don’t have permisson…” warning. When you keep hitting the “Create” button regardless for 5-6 times it will work :slight_smile:

If you don’t want to use any of the premade themes and start with a blank page you can alternatively also browse the themes for the theme that is called “Blank page”. I created it to make it easier than dealing with the issue mentioned above.

Comments

• rubenruben Member, Host Rep

I'm happy to provide you some feedback, you can PM me if you wish;)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @ruben said:
    I'm happy to provide you some feedback, you can PM me if you wish;)

Check PM :) Thanks for the help!

Thanked by 1ruben
  • Super cool... thanks for posting. Would be happy to try it out next week once I am back in the hot seat.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @vyas11 said:
    Super cool... thanks for posting. Would be happy to try it out next week once I am back in the hot seat.

Sure thing! Pm me to get started :)

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • Hello @Ympker, Architect Builder looks interesting. Have you ever heard of GrapesJS?

Cheers.

• @ITLabs said:
    Hello @Ympker, Architect Builder looks interesting. Have you ever heard of GrapesJS?

Cheers.

Heya,

yeah Grapes is nice. Although a bit more for "advanced" users I believe :)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • We tried to integrate Grapes with Mautic a while ago but we had some difficulties. I believe we'll return to it by the end of the year. I'll take a closer look at Architect, thanks for the tip. :wink:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Did you asked for the author permission to include the builder for many users for free? I dont think your usage is covered by envato licenses, is more like you are misinterpreting them. Maybe you got a special deal with the author?

• @Hxxx said:
    Did you asked for the author permission to include the builder for many users for free? I dont think your usage is covered by envato licenses, is more like you are misinterpreting them. Maybe you got a special deal with the author?

Afaik it's fine. I actually asked the author about this:

See: https://codecanyon.net/item/architect-html-and-site-builder/9957269/comments?page=59

• HxxxHxxx Member

I think that... if you are charging your customers for hosting and if they need the hosting service to get access to that builder you will be making availabe then... you would have to get the extended license. However I see that in the communication between you and the author you dont mention the hosting scenario, which is why he told you that regular license was enough.

One thing is selling a web hosting which includes this builder and another is to offer web design services using this builder (you building the website using this web builder), which is what you basically told the author you would be doing.

Not here to troll just doing you a favor.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2019

@Hxxx said:
    I think that... if you are charging your customers for hosting and if they need the hosting service to get access to that builder you will be making availabe then... you would have to get the extended license. However I see that in the communication between you and the author you dont mention the hosting scenario, which is why he told you that regular license was enough.

One thing is selling a web hosting which includes this builder and another is to offer web design services using this builder (you building the website using this web builder), which is what you basically told the author you would be doing.

Not here to troll just doing you a favor.

Well once I go live with that including hosting services I'll probably ask another time. However, right now getting access to it is not attached to any web hosting service so it is provided totally free with no paid product being a requirement to get access to it :) So even if what you are saying would be the case rn it should be fine. Actually, I precisely asked about the hosting scenario (not on screenshot though; You need to "see more comments" on the codecanyon link):

Thank you very much! So if provided for free (as an add-on to my hosting service or fiverr task) Regular is fine and my clients/ppl accessing it can also create an unlimited number of sites with it?

Response:

Yes, as long as users are not charged in anyway for using architect or product where architect is integrated, regular license will suffice.

So, yeah. I thought it'd be fine offering it along my hosting for free but I'll just ask one more time. If it isn't okay making paid service a requirement I guess, I could just publicly host it and disable Google from Crawling it or take other measures to prevent "abuse". That way it would be available free of charge and without the hosting product being a requirement.

And thanks ;) No offense taken^^

• Count me in, so this is basically just to create static site right?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @yokowasis said:
    Count me in, so this is basically just to create static site right?

Yeah :D Check pm^^

• Has anyone used the builders from Wix or Squarespace - how does this compare?

• count me in, let check it out

• @smaart said:
    count me in, let check it out

Pm me to get access :)