Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I forgot to cancel my PayPal subscription at Stockservers.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I forgot to cancel my PayPal subscription at Stockservers.

barbar Member
edited August 2019 in Reviews

BEWARE OF THEM!
I've purchased a VPS from them.
They billed me from the start but took more than a week to provide me with it.
I was unsatisfied with it but kept it for a month.
A few days before the termination date I told them that I want to cancel the subscription.
The subscription was cancelled and then I asked them to extend the time with the VPS because I only got it a week after I paid. They complied.
Then on the 8th I got to see that they terminated my account, turned off the VPS, closed my tickets and I can't contact them. To add to that, they also charged me on PayPal for the next month.
I recommend you not to do any business with them, I'm currently on the process of submitting reports to PayPal in order to get my money back.

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

o.O I"m sure @Bopie will clear this out.

• barbar Member

Commented on his profile too, now we wait

• gonaifgonaif Member
    edited August 2019

Ask them for refund first before contact PP

I don’t recommend jumping to escalation as you have plenty of time with PP

Did low-end providers can deliver high-end services? I didn’t know what to except.

• @bar said:
    BEWARE OF THEM!

That's pretty bad

A few days before the termination date I told them that I want to cancel the subscription.
    The subscription was cancelled and then I asked them to extend the time with the VPS because I only got it a week after I paid. They complied.

That's nice though.

Then on the 8th I got to see that they terminated my account, turned off the VPS, closed my tickets and I can't contact them.

Well, you told them to cancel your stuff.

: To add to that, they also charged me on PayPal for the next month.

Probably because you didnt cancel your paypal subscription. There are very very few providers with a paypal setup where they TAKE from your account. Most providers have a "subscription" in which you have agreed to voluntarily SEND them money every month.

I recommend you not to do any business with them, I'm currently on the process of submitting reports to PayPal in order to get my money back.

You should've probably contacted them. I accidentally forgot to cancel a paypal subscription once, contacted the provider and they refunded it without any hassle. Going the paypal dispute route means that your refund is gonna cost them additional money, making you kind of a dick.

Thanked by 1default
  • barbar Member

They blocked me through the website, didn't even let me back up my data and billed me for a month I didn't get to use and straight up lied to me, I don't think they would help me if I'd ask nicely.

• @bar said:
    They blocked me through the website, didn't even let me back up my data and billed me for a month I didn't get to use and straight up lied to me, I don't think they would help me if I'd ask nicely.

You should backup your server before the server is due. Not after. @Bopie is a pretty nice guy, and I'm sure he'll do anything to help you out if you out, if you say it nicely :)

For payment, there are 2 buttons : subscriprion and payment (or something similar - not sure what the exact wording is). You should either have clicked the latter and manually pay every month or cancel the subscription when you cancel your server.

• @bar said:

I'd hold off on the dispute and see how they decide to resolve your case now it's out in the open. Any honest provider will adjust billing dates if there are delays in processing the order or provisioning time.

If they refuse to assist you then definitely head to PayPal then.

• barbar Member

teamacc said: That's nice though.

That's nice but they never actually did it, I got locked out on the 7th.

teamacc said: Well, you told them to cancel your stuff.

They agreed to extend it until the 12th.

teamacc said: Probably because you didnt cancel your paypal subscription. There are very very few providers with a paypal setup where they TAKE from your account. Most providers have a "subscription" in which you have agreed to voluntarily SEND them money every month.

I've got about 10 subscriptions on my PayPal account, none of which take any money from me and they've been active for years.
    They billed me on the 5th so I was still able to talk to them about it and the response I got was:
    "The invoice is cancelled on our end however I think what the issue was is that you put the cancellation in after the initial invoice was generated so out system still thought that invoice was valid, I have sorted this for you now though."
    Which I think means "ok, we'll refund you now"

teamacc said: You should've probably contacted them. I accidentally forgot to cancel a paypal subscription once, contacted the provider and they refunded it without any hassle. Going the paypal dispute route means that your refund is gonna cost them additional money, making you kind of a dick.

Already did ^

• barbar Member

sanvit said: You should backup your server before the server is due. Not after. @Bopie is a pretty nice guy, and I'm sure he'll do anything to help you out if you out, if you say it nicely

Tried backing it up on the 8th, almost a week before it's due, I think it's enough time in advance

• barbar Member

IThinkUFailed said: I'd hold off on the dispute and see how they decide to resolve your case now it's out in the open. Any honest provider will adjust billing dates if there are delays in processing the order or provisioning time.

I've only sent them a message through PayPal, I don't think PayPal intervenes until you ask them to.

• @bar said:

IThinkUFailed said: I'd hold off on the dispute and see how they decide to resolve your case now it's out in the open. Any honest provider will adjust billing dates if there are delays in processing the order or provisioning time.

I've only sent them a message through PayPal, I don't think PayPal intervenes until you ask them to.

If you raised it as a dispute then PayPal will have withheld the money from them immediately. This is usually enough for providers to not want to help the customer and would rather fight it. The next stage up is a chargeback (submitting it as an unauthorized payment) and will toss a $25 charge on top of that to the provider.

Tagging both his accounts for awareness:
    @StockServers @Bopie

• gonaifgonaif Member
    edited August 2019

@bar said:

sanvit said: You should backup your server before the server is due. Not after. @Bopie is a pretty nice guy, and I'm sure he'll do anything to help you out if you out, if you say it nicely

Tried backing it up on the 8th, almost a week before it's due, I think it's enough time in advance

Better yet to backup before you cancel your subscription with anyone

• DebouncerDebouncer Member, Host Rep

@bar said:

A message through PayPal means PayPal dispute?

• barbar Member

IThinkUFailed said: If you raised it as a dispute then PayPal will have withheld the money from them immediately. This is usually enough for providers to not want to help the customer and would rather fight it. The next stage up is a chargeback (submitting it as an unauthorized payment) and will toss a $25 charge on top of that to the provider.

Debouncer said: A message through PayPal means PayPal dispute?

Well I'm sorry for them, but I'm unable to contact them through support after they just deleted my entire account and all of the tickets I've opened.
    They didn't leave me a choice.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2019

recently I had an issue with paypal that made subscriptions fail to setup, all part of changing/updating some business details.

I just made the decision not to fix it and stop accepting subscriptions all together because after 5000+ times of telling people that paypal subscriptions are their own to maintain (on top of the fact that paypal tell you that when you set it up) and manage and 4999 people ignoring that I have had enough of people shitting on my doorstep then demanding I provide the toilet paper.

People simply do not want any responsibility or accountability any more and are generally to stupid or impatient to understand what they are doing with their own money so I just had to remove the option all together.

I had one of the best ones ever a few weeks back which probably tipped me over the edge on this, "Hi I have had an account since 2012 and I only had a VPS for around 6 months, I have just noticed you have been charging me every month since then, if you could just refund plus any interest you have gained that would be great"

Welcome to the bank of Inception Hosting!!!!

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN MONEY AND FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS, THEY ARE CALLED YOUR ACCOUNTS BECAUSE THEY ARE YOURS

tl;dr

sigh...

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited August 2019

Well what do you expect from them? When I said they are not professional enough their thread can get magically removed by other mods.

I see lots of excuses in their previous comments so I would stay away from this provider. To the fans boy here, please prove me wrong.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • barbar Member

@FAT32 said:
    Well what do you expect from them? When I said they are not professional enough their thread can get magically removed by other mods.

I see lots of excuses in their previous comments so I would stay away from this provider. To the fans boy here, please prove me wrong.

You are right, everyone here is coming to defend them.

• barbar Member

@AnthonySmith
    Dude have you even read what I wrote?
    I requested a cancellation and got a confirmation email from them.

edited August 2019

bar said: @AnthonySmith
    Dude have you even read what I wrote?
    I requested a cancellation and got a confirmation email from them.

WHAT THE F**!

Your service with them and your paypal agreement with PAYPAL ARE 2 DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!!!!!

1 is an agreement to provide a service in return for payment made with the host.

The other is an agreement YOU make and MANAGE with PAYPAL the host does not have access to your paypal account! YOU told paypal to send the money, you then asked the host to cancel the service then because YOU did not cancel your paypal subscription, paypal did exactly what you told them to do.

If you throw money at someone, you cannot accuse them of stealing money from you, if you give money to someone else and ask them to give it to someone you cannot then accuse the ultimate recipient of stealing!

• barbar Member

When you go cancel your cable do you go to the provider AND the credit card company?
    No.
    So in this case it shouldn't be any different.

• @bar said:

@FAT32 said:

You are right, everyone here is coming to defend them.

I'd hardly say we're all defending them. We're merely stating the way you went about things wasn't exactly the right way.

edited August 2019

@bar said:
    When you go cancel your cable do you go to the provider AND the credit card company?
    No.
    So in this case it shouldn't be any different.

Tell that to fucking paypal then, your cable provider does not take paypal, that is not how it works and it should not be anyone elses responsibility to explain this to you.

And if my credit card company TOLD me that they will keep sending payment until I ask them to stop, then yes, yes I would.

I tell you what, go and read the terms of the subscription given to you by paypal and also the email paypal sent you when you set up the subscription and then come back.

The refund issue is separate, you have accused them wrongly of taking money from you.

• barbar Member

@AnthonySmith
    I think you need to chill dude.
    Tell it to PayPal?
    You're the seller, you are the one responsible for that, if that's PayPal's policy, you are the one that should be responsible for it.
    I don't think this conversation with you would be of any help for me, you are too biased, so I'll stop responding to you.

Thanked by 1joepie91
    edited August 2019

Jesus fucking Christ, i'm out.

let break.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    Jesus fucking Christ, i'm out.

let break.

Hahahah, this escalated quickly

• @bar said:
    BEWARE OF THEM!
    Then on the 8th I got to see that they terminated my account, turned off the VPS, closed my tickets and I can't contact them. To add to that, they also charged me on PayPal for the next month.
    I recommend you not to do any business with them, I'm currently in the process of submitting reports to PayPal in order to get my money back.

Hi Bar, So I'm slow to reply as I have family commitments this week, I'd like to comment on the situation but I'd need some information on you and your account, Can I have the account name or any ticket ID or even an invoice number, Id prefer an email address of course as this will help me find your account better so I can at least make a comment based of facts and investigate what has happened, Send it via DM

@FAT32 The thread did not get magically remove and honestly I can understand your comment, We did ask the thread to be removed as so to have time to sort our shit, We were not a new company then but our website was new, We took all the comments from everyone and took some time to make our site better, However just because our site was bad people go from how our services are that we offer and so far we have done well I would think but let me know why else you would discourage people from using us, I will happily answer you.

Thanked by 3FAT32 sanvit RossG
  • ah, our monthly reminder on cancelling paypal subscriptions and paypal billing agreements.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • Also @StockServers is managed by sales and they would have replied but I did feel like as I was personally tagged I should in fact comment.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

I had one of the best ones ever a few weeks back which probably tipped me over the edge on this, "Hi I have had an account since 2012 and I only had a VPS for around 6 months, I have just noticed you have been charging me every month since then, if you could just refund plus any interest you have gained that would be great"

Welcome to the bank of Inception Hosting!!!!

Typical example of BS and stupidity, if customer don’t require the VPS/services why not to cancel it officially, we do get such lovely customer too, can’t be bothered to cancel or pay and they want data after suspension, ok in this case all discounts are removed as non payers are not entitled for any discounts!!!

• Ok I Found you via the 2 PP disputes you have, So the offer you were given was advertised as "Pre Order", I would link it but its deep in the 4th of July special thread (anyone feel free to find it), I feel a thread here is a bit over the top but I will continue.

The PayPal subscription is not our responsibility, You only cancelled it after you opened 2 disputes and you could have sent in a ticket to us and got a much faster response then you did, We actually decided about a week ago to no longer allow Subscriptions because of all the hassle we are getting from them, People don't maintain there subscriptions its an issue and we resolved it by not allowing it any more.

There is no excuse to be made here I admit we are at fault but I would like to say that you ordered a pre-order product, you were made aware by email every few days what was happening with it all and yes we did extend your product date as asked we hands-down admit we missed a few.

We, of course, will refund you the money that has been taken via your PayPal subscription, If you didn't have the product we won't charge you, Id like to sort the other PP dispute with you but you have only asked for a partial refund.

Again id really like to put this out there, The order was for a PRE ORDER product and the OP knew this and he had contacted us every day for an update which we gave them one and every other pre-order client.

This discussion has been closed.