Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared/Reseller offers facilitated by cPanel - N̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared/Reseller offers facilitated by cPanel - N̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶

Comments

• When would the ban be lifted?
    We really want to post some offers, as we have always put a limited amount on a server!

• @prasad0889 said:
    When would the ban be lifted?
    We really want to post some offers, as we have always put a limited amount on a server!

earliest after you learn to read...

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-july-2019/p1

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • LeeLee Veteran

That is a DA theme, the icons grid one. Just a bit more heavily modified.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @Lee said:

That is a DA theme, the icons grid one. Just a bit more heavily modified.

Exactly! Very easy to do using sub-theming, external-CSS of just by using just-released "Traditional" subtheme, which still allows you changing the colors/logo etc. in "Customize Evolution Skin" section: https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58500&p=299418#post299418

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@trewq said:
    Hi everyone,

Due to the current state of uncertainty surrounding cPanel pricing and the industry as a whole (more specifically the low end segment) new offers facilitated by cPanel are no longer allowed to be posted.

This takes effect immediately and will be reviewed as time passes.

This decision was not easy to make and was made in consultation with other long standing community members.

cPanel new pricing is clear now. Any reason to maintain this restriction?

EDIT: resellers with unlimited cPanel accounts are obviously a non-sense and should not be allowed.

Thanked by 2lonea Amitz
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Frank Williams.. ehm, I mean @CVPS_Chris, why... just why are you continuing to push unlimited cpanel offers from all your shell companies? New LEB post from today -> https://lowendbox.com/blog/hosting73-new-master-and-alpha-reseller-plans-at-sale-prices/.

I can't figure out if it's pure greed, pure stupidity, or a combination of both. "Changes are coming"... what a joke.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited August 2019

@intovps said:

@trewq said:
    Hi everyone,

Due to the current state of uncertainty surrounding cPanel pricing and the industry as a whole (more specifically the low end segment) new offers facilitated by cPanel are no longer allowed to be posted.

This decision was not easy to make and was made in consultation with other long standing community members.

EDIT: resellers with unlimited cPanel accounts are obviously a non-sense and should not be allowed.

The reason is because the first of September is going to be a nasty day for some people. When the blowback from this hits some of these people it is going to be a shocker. Almost akin to gas rising a dollar a gallon in a couple minutes type of thing.

If the restriction stays in place until after that then we don't get the blowback here and I do not have to go full Yeti and start eating people for being morons. I do that enough as it is, and it makes people nervous.

edit: edited out some stupid words my hands just typed, instead of what I was really saying

Thanked by 2uptime lazyt
  • @MasonR said:
    Frank Williams.. ehm, I mean @CVPS_Chris, why... just why are you continuing to push unlimited cpanel offers from all your shell companies? New LEB post from today -> https://lowendbox.com/blog/hosting73-new-master-and-alpha-reseller-plans-at-sale-prices/.

I can't figure out if it's pure greed, pure stupidity, or a combination of both. "Changes are coming"... what a joke.

Thanked by 2ITLabs MasonR
  • @MasonR said:

It's no joke. Changes are definitely coming - September 1st.

Thanked by 2MasonR uptime
  • intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

I don't see the reason to not allow a hoster to advertise $2 - $3 / month single cPanel account packages.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited August 2019

@intovps said:
    I don't see the reason to not allow a hoster to advertise $2 - $3 / month single cPanel account packages.

That is because your business runs correctly, when half the world can not seem to understand what a margin is let alone profit. So when the first of September comes and they have 10k account on CPanel and smacks them in the head and they go down, the people that bought here will come here to bitch about it.

So in essence until CPanel rears it's ugly head and shit settles it is not likely they will bring them back.

I do not blame them one bit, I sure as hell would not want to deal with the crapfest. Especially when I do not a get dime for doing it.

Thanked by 2intovps lazyt
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@donli said:

@MasonR said:

Yep. When cpanel slaps colocrossing with that huge bill and daddy Deluxe won't come to bail them out. I hope everyone is stocking up on popcorn because next month is shaping up to be a shitfest!

Thanked by 2doghouch lazyt
  • @MasonR said:

@donli said:

@MasonR said:

Yep. When cpanel slaps colocrossing with that huge bill and daddy Deluxe won't come to bail them out. I hope everyone is stocking up on popcorn because next month is shaping up to be a shitfest!

Fridge full of beer and bags upon bags of popcorn in the pantry. This is going to be fun!

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited August 2019

@intovps said:

@trewq said:
    Hi everyone,

I respectfully disagree.
    Some business models are nonsense, some are not.
    It's similar to other "unlimited" stuff. With a reasonable fair-use TOS, good calculation (based on experience), it can be long-term profitable.

To further clarify: not everyone sets up 100+ accounts on their reseller.

It's one thing to prevent (known) fraudulent hosting providers. It's another to give yourself the right to judge other people's business model chances of success. Banks and investors do that, but usually ask for a detailed business plan. And it is their money. But to forbid advertising based on that? Ridiculous.

Also, it is my understanding that the advertising ban was intended to be aimed at cPanel (as if they care), not at hosting providers themselves. Though the result is cPanel hosting providers get into even more trouble (price increase PLUS no advertising here), while cPanel doesn't really care.

Using the sustainable business logic, most dirt-cheap shared and VPS offers could be questioned.
    But I think this forum is about idling cheap VPS-s, that wouldn't work anyway if put to use, not about sustainable, reasonably priced stuff! :)

• @bikegremlin said:

@intovps said:

@trewq said:
    Hi everyone,

I respectfully disagree.
    It's similar to other "unlimited" stuff. With a reasonable fair-use TOS, good calculation (based on experience), it can be long-term profitable.

It's one thing to prevent (known) fraudulent hosting providers. It's another to give yourself the right to judge other people's business model chances of success. Banks and investors do that, but usually ask for a detailed business plan. And it is their money. But to forbid advertising based on that? Ridiculous.

Also, it is my understanding that the advertising ban was intended to be aimed at cPanel (as if they care), not at hosting providers themselves. Though the result is cPanel hosting providers get into even more trouble (price increase PLUS no advertising here), while cPanel doesn't really care.

Using the sustainable business logic, most dirt-cheap shared and VPS offers could be questioned.
    But I think this forum is about idling cheap VPS-s, that wouldn't work anyway if put to use, not about sustainable, reasonably priced stuff! :)

No this forum is to help users and not idle VPS. People make too much of the offers here and this is why it has turned to shit.

If your business model depends on this site at all to succeed you have a more serious problem then just not getting to post CPanel shared. Originally this site promoted a few hosts that had left over space and some hardware. it was meant to see how far we could take so little.

Now it is just a fustercluck of complaining people, because they can not get what they want.

It is very simple, you do not run this site and if you do not like what mods/admins do there are others where you can hang your hat. They have said it is not happening it is not happening, this is no different then banning an entire hosting company, it just happens to be a big boy this time instead of small fry.

Thanked by 2joepie91 uptime
  • @AuroraZ said:

@bikegremlin said:

@intovps said:

@trewq said:
    Hi everyone,

I respectfully disagree.

No this forum is to help users and not idle VPS. People make too much of the offers here and this is why it has turned to shit.

If your business model depends on this site at all to succeed you have a more serious problem then just not getting to post CPanel shared. Originally this site promoted a few hosts that had left over space and some hardware. it was meant to see how far we could take so little.

Now it is just a fustercluck of complaining people, because they can not get what they want.

It is very simple, you do not run this site and if you do not like what mods/admins do there are others where you can hang your hat. They have said it is not happening it is not happening, this is no different then banning an entire hosting company, it just happens to be a big boy this time instead of small fry.

Though I did forget to add PHP SELECTER 5.2 OK.
    My bad.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Is this restriction only for cPanel reseller hosting?
    Or it's a blanket ban?

It's not fare to impose a blanket ban even host provides only regular web hosting with cPanel

We are also providing web hosting with cPanel.
    We have owned our own hardware..

So it's not fair to ban everything related to cPanel

Someone please clarify this..

We need the answer seriously..

• @ViridWeb said:
    Is this restriction only for cPanel reseller hosting?
    Or it's a blanket ban?

It's not fare to impose a blanket ban even host provides only regular web hosting with cPanel

We are also providing web hosting with cPanel.
    We have owned our own hardware..

You have not got a provider tag.

So it's not fair to ban everything related to cPanel

Someone please clarify this..

We need the answer seriously..

The answer is yes, the ban includes "regular web hosting" using cPanel.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb

@donli said:

>

You have not got a provider tag.

>

We already applied for it. That's why I am asking here for more clearity.

>

The answer is yes, the ban includes "regular web hosting" using cPanel.

Don't you think it is wrong to impose a blanket ban?
    I mean If a provider doesn't have any issue with pricing as they do not provide reseller hosting and only provides regular web hosting.
    Then they still not allow to post here..

• @ViridWeb said:

I mean If a provider doesn't have any issue with pricing as they do not provide reseller hosting and only provides regular web hosting.

cPanel's pricing model is changing Sept 1st - less than 23 days from now. I think it's reasonable to prevent cPanel offers being posted until at least then.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb

@donli said:

@ViridWeb said:

cPanel's pricing model is changing Sept 1st - less than 23 days from now. I think it's reasonable to prevent cPanel offers being posted until at least then.

Ya you are right but still it's not fair to impose a blanket ban on cPanel.
    If host has no problem with their pricing policy and provides hosting with the price which is permissible of LET then I don't think it should be an issue to post their thread here..

• @ViridWeb said:

@donli said:

@ViridWeb said:

Ya you are right but still it's not fair to impose a blanket ban on cPanel.
    If host has no problem with their pricing policy and provides hosting with the price which is permissible of LET then I don't think it should be an issue to post their thread here..

Here is the issue: It's barely doable to adhere to LET pricing while keep offering reseller accounts. That being said I don't think cPanel ban will be smth eternal. Meanwhile just keep making your sales through other channels than LET :)

Thanked by 2uptime lazyt
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2019

ViridWeb said: If host has no problem with their pricing policy and provides hosting with the price which is permissible of LET then I don't think it should be an issue to post their thread here..

I am assuming you are new and don't read much if you did you would know that trusting many hosts around here that say "I have no problem with the cPanel pricing" then you would not be making that statement.

Take a look on LEB, still advertising Alpha, Master, Mega Master booster hosting on cPanel for a few $'s per month. Yeah, they are comfortable with that, for how long? Let's wait and see when they start getting their new invoices.

Thanked by 3uptime AuroraZ mpkossen

@Lee said:

ViridWeb said: If host has no problem with their pricing policy and provides hosting with the price which is permissible of LET then I don't think it should be an issue to post their thread here..

I am assuming you are new and don't read much if you did you would know that trusting many hosts around here that say "I have no problem with the cPanel pricing" then you would not be making that statement.

Take a look on LEB, still advertising Alpha, Master, Mega Master booster hosting on cPanel for a few $'s per month. Yeah, they are comfortable with that, for how long? Let's wait and see when they start getting their new invoices.

I think you did not read my post before..
    I already asked to confirm if I am allow to post cpanel hosting within the permissible limit of LET pricing.
    I got only negative answers that no I can't even post cPane web hosting..

So I am not new.. Maybe you are..

• LeeLee Veteran

ViridWeb said: So I am not new.. Maybe you are..

I will tell you something for free. Nobody is going to buy from you if you do eventually get a provider tag. Go sell at WHT, they will appreciate you more.

• CtcCtc Member

@ViridWeb said:

Don't post cPanel offers or anything else until you learn how to read the rules. And, please, go sell your sh*t anywhere else.

Thanked by 3Lee ITLabs ViridWeb

@Lee said:

ViridWeb said: So I am not new.. Maybe you are..

I will tell you something for free. Nobody is going to buy from you if you do eventually get a provider tag. Go sell at WHT, they will appreciate you more.

Well we are not fully operational..
    Right now we are testing the service first before going to fully operational..

I'm asking here just because I need more clearity about this issue..
    As I don't want to post something here which cause a lifetime ban..

So without making argument we should help each other.

Even if you can see my all conversation in this thread, you will understand that I'm just want to know more details and justification of the blanket ban

@Ctc said:

@ViridWeb said:

Don't post cPanel offers or anything else until you learn how to read the rules. And, please, go sell your sh*t anywhere else.

Please don't open your mouth with full of shit before reading the whole conversation..
    Otherwise just ask your mom how she feeling proud of you for abusing others..

I'm just curious that's why there's a blanket ban for all cPanel hosting providers..

As I said we should help each other to understand the current scenario..

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@ViridWeb said: [...]

(flagged)

Don't be a dick.

Also, don't be an idiot.

kthxbye

Thanked by 1ITLabs

@uptime said:

@ViridWeb said: [...]

(flagged)

Don't be a dick.

Also, don't be an idiot.

kthxbye

Ok so abusing is the only answer you have..
    Great..

Anyway maybe it's my personal opinion but I still believe that imposing ban on cPanel is really good and they deserve it..

But the hosting providers have nothing to do with it.. so why they will face the ban?

Don't know why everyone is forcely pushing for DA.. But every one must have their own choice of CP to use..

Anyway we will also start testing of DA and hope everything will works as we want..

I can assure you if we found a perfect alternative of cPanel then we will definitely go with them..