Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023) - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Selling Rules (Updated April 2023)

Comments

• @marvel said:

@ulayer said:
    Are there any admins or mods that can contact us? We submitted our application several weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. We followed all of the rules and we meet the requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Same here, already opened 2 tickets. No response.

I don't think they are being read.

You should contact Deluxe about this, they own the forum nowadays.

• ulayerulayer Member, Host Rep

We'd be willing to tip the admins :)

Maybe providers should be required to pay a small fee to become one. Money creates incentive.

• @ulayer said:
    We'd be willing to tip the admins :)

Maybe providers should be required to pay a small fee to become one. Money creates incentive.

The wrong incentive though. It gives providers leverage over the mods. For example, if you paid the mods 100 usd to get registered, would you feel inclined to respond when they point out that your signature is too damn long to conform to the rules, or would you be like "nah mate it's exactly as long as 100 usd gets it"?

If not you, then some other, maybe shittier, provider will.

Thanked by 3uptime ulayer ITLabs
  • @teamacc said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:
    Are there any admins or mods that can contact us? We submitted our application several weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. We followed all of the rules and we meet the requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You should contact Deluxe about this, they own the forum nowadays.

Ah right, I have no idea how to contact them though.

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited August 2019

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

The Mods and Admins here are volunteers they do not work for anybody for a paycheck. If you can not wait find another site plain and simple. Asking for updates and posting about the wait will do nothing except piss some one off and then you get nothing anyways.

If you do not get an answer at all that means they do not want to give you a tag and it is time to move on.

I do understand but I'm waiting more than 4 weeks now, that seems a bit long don't you think?

I think it's in both parties interest that new providers get a chance to post their offers here, otherwise it will be dominated by all the oldies and there will be less competition.

If new providers are not accepted this site will die eventually as they go somewhere else.

And if that's the policy, no answer means rejected I'm ok with that, but it would be useful to maybe add that to the rules for becoming a provider.

• @marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

The Mods and Admins here are volunteers they do not work for anybody for a paycheck. If you can not wait find another site plain and simple. Asking for updates and posting about the wait will do nothing except piss some one off and then you get nothing anyways.

If you do not get an answer at all that means they do not want to give you a tag and it is time to move on.

I do understand but I'm waiting more than 4 weeks now, that seems a bit long don't you think?

I think it's in both parties interest that new providers get a chance to post their offers here, otherwise it will be dominated by all the oldies and there will be less competition.

If new providers are not accepted this site will die eventually as they go somewhere else.

And if that's the policy, no answer means rejected I'm ok with that, but it would be useful to maybe add that to the rules for becoming a provider.

Afaik a rejection is always done by means of a reply. No reply just means that either A) none of the mods have access to the support panel anymore or B) none of the mods has made/had time to research you a bit. (basic stuff like checking whmcs license etc)

Thanked by 1Debouncer
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

marvel said: If new providers are not accepted this site will die eventually as they go somewhere else.

something something that which is already undead can never really die ... but yeah, I guess.

Thanked by 1myrivertale
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited August 2019

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

Maybe to long for a Millenial, but not for me. A month is standard when the Mods and Admins do not get paid. You want faster then go someplace else. Hate to say this, but most if not all wanting a tag rent servers right now. That means the same provider that is already here, just one more step to get something done is all.

If you people only knew how long I have waited for answers from some one I pay a hell of a lot more then any provider here. You would shit yourself and then go insane, frothing at the mouth and eating your furniture.

edit:

@marvel specifically if you think throwing Solus on a dedi makes you a provider then you have a long road ahead of you. Yes I have seen your posts and you have commented that it is this easy to be a provider. When shit hits the fan, and it will especially with Solus, and you can not point and click your way give me a holler and I will only charge 3/4 price to fix it for you the right way.

@thepublic Man I miss @WSS here. I think I fire off an email to him and get nostalgic for a bit.

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited August 2019

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

Maybe to long for a Millenial, but not for me. A month is standard when the Mods and Admins do not get paid. You want faster then go someplace else. Hate to say this, but most if not all wanting a tag rent servers right now. That means the same provider that is already here, just one more step to get something done is all.

If you people only knew how long I have waited for answers from some one I pay a hell of a lot more then any provider here. You would shit yourself and then go insane, frothing at the mouth and eating your furniture.

edit:

@marvel specifically if you think throwing Solus on a dedi makes you a provider then you have a long road ahead of you. Yes I have seen your posts and you have commented that it is this easy to be a provider. When shit hits the fan, and it will especially with Solus, and you can not point and click your way give me a holler and I will only charge 3/4 price to fix it for you the right way.

@thepublic Man I miss @WSS here. I think I fire off an email to him and get nostalgic for a bit.

Well first of all I'm not a millenial ;)

And I've been hosting for 12 years, I know it's more then installing solus on a dedi. I also have had profitable companies for 15 years and still do.

What did you do?

And btw I also run a non-profit gaming community, when people ask me I reply same day even when I'm busy, just because I like what I'm doing.

Just because you're doing something for free doesn't mean you can shit over everybody and do as you please. It's just not very nice to let people wait for 4 weeks, I wasn't raised like that but I guess you only move when people give you money?

Also, I don't see a admin or provider tag on you anyway so I wonder why I even bother talking to you. Looks like you're just here to show everybody what a big man you are that knows how the world runs, well good for you now go away and let me do my business and you do yours.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

edit:

And I've been hosting for 12 years, I know it's more then installing solus on a dedi. I also have had profitable companies for 15 years and still do.

What did you do?

And btw I also run a non-profit gaming community, when people ask me I reply same day even when I'm busy, just because I like what I'm doing.

Just because you're doing something for free doesn't mean you can shit over everybody and do as you please. It's just not very nice to let people wait for 4 weeks, I wasn't raised like that but I guess you only move when people give you money?

Also, I don't see a admin or provider tag on you anyway so I wonder why I even bother talking to you. Looks like you're just here to show everybody what a big man you are that knows how the world runs, well good for you now go away and let me do my business and you do yours.

Such attitude won't help you getting the Provider tag. The image people create about you is that you are desperate to post here. This isnt just business but a community. AuroraZ is a respectable member here, he earnt that, you havent. Saying you dont even bother to speak to him because he isnt a provider or admin is ridiculous. If you are too good for us then do your business somewhere else. You wont be successful here with your 15 years of successful businesses. This is LET.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2019

@teamacc said:
    Afaik a rejection is always done by means of a reply. No reply just means that either A) none of the mods have access to the support panel anymore or B) none of the mods has made/had time to research you a bit. (basic stuff like checking whmcs license etc)

Option A :-)

Only Jack, trewq and a few others have access.

@marvel

I’m sorry if you haven’t received a reply yet. Please understand that most of the staff members here are volunteers that have other things to do other than sift through hundreds of tickets a week.

Edit: fixed formatting

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2019

Since offering Dedis for more then 84$ is not allowed, it should not be allowed to advertise them here. Even if you are not selling these directly here.

Its misleading to users, with that clickbait they pull off.

• marvelmarvel Member
    edited August 2019

@MikePT said:

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

edit:

What did you do?

Such attitude won't help you getting the Provider tag. The image people create about you is that you are desperate to post here. This isnt just business but a community. AuroraZ is a respectable member here, he earnt that, you havent. Saying you dont even bother to speak to him because he isnt a provider or admin is ridiculous. If you are too good for us then do your business somewhere else. You wont be successful here with your 15 years of successful businesses. This is LET.

He pretents to know everything about me and is disrespectful to me, he has no right to criticize how I run my business that he doesn't even know about.

I was just asking for an update on my tag, nothing more and he starts off with all this shit calling me a Millenial, sorry but I'm not gonna shut up and will defend myself even if it costs me my tag I really don't care.

But I guess if you're a longterm respectful member that gives you the right to say and do anything.

• @doghouch said:

@teamacc said:

Option A :-)

Only Jack, trewq and a few others have access.

@marvel

I’m sorry if you haven’t received a reply yet. Please understand that most of the staff members here are volunteers that have other things to do other than sift through hundreds of tickets a week.

Edit: fixed formatting

Thanks Doghouch I will just wait then, I didn't realize you're getting hundreds of tickets a week.

See this is all I needed to know, thanks again!

• Thanks

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @marvel ... tfw when you realize an actual low-end Yeti™ has earned more respect than you.

well, live and learn I guess

smh

good luck with your provider tag

lulz ...

Thanked by 3marvel ITLabs MikePT
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Is't true that Provider Tag request approval can takes up to 4 months!??
    I'm just asking as I am curious about this and also I submitted my application and that was 5/6 days ago..

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@ViridWeb said:
    I'm just asking as I am curious about this and also I submitted my application and that was 5/6 days ago..

Be patient. The mods here are doing it free of cost. They have plenty of stuff to do.

@MikePT said:

@ViridWeb said:

Be patient. The mods here are doing it free of cost. They have plenty of stuff to do.

Thanks for your reply Mike!
    No issue, I will wait.. Hope they will approve me even soon as possible..:)

Thanks again!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @ViridWeb said:

Depending on the number of tickets in the queue, it may take a few weeks or more before we get to your ticket.

(tl;dr fill in the form correctly and read the requirements so you won't have to wait for us to re-check your application)

• @uptime said:
    @marvel ... tfw when you realize an actual low-end Yeti™ has earned more respect than you.

well, live and learn I guess

good luck with your provider tag

lulz ...

What respect? All I see is bunch of trolls lurking in a mod thread preying for new hosts that could bring something new to this still industry, but then again.. this is LET. If ur not BuyVM or Hetzner, prepare to get trolled.

Fuck logic, right?

Thanked by 1uptime

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

Depending on the number of tickets in the queue, it may take a few weeks or more before we get to your ticket.

(tl;dr fill in the form correctly and read the requirements so you won't have to wait for us to re-check your application)

Thanks for your reply!
    My ticket already submitted. Unfortunately I forgot to note down my ticket number.
    So now I will wait for approval..
    I'm just hoping it will approve without any issue

• JackH said:
    1. Posting domain auctions does not require any special tags.
    2. Maximum starting/reserve price is $7.
    3. Members can only list 1 domain auction thread per 10 days.
    4. You need to have been registered for at least 30 days and have at least 25 non-spammy posts to post a domain auction or to bid in a domain auction.
    5. All domains in the auction must be at least 6 months old.
    6. All bids must be public and made in the domain auction thread.
    7. A deal is a deal. A failure to actually sell/transfer the domains after having offered them on action will have consequences for you at LowEndTalk. A failure to respond or finish the transaction in a decent matter (or at all) as the highest bidder may also have consequences for you at LowEndTalk.
    8. We don't hold any responsibility for potential disputes between two parties. Participating in auctions is at your own risk.
    9. Bids must be in the currency specified in the original auction post, which cannot be a crypto currency.
    10. Minimum bid increments must be specified, maximum $2
    11. An end date/time must be specified with timezone.

some recent domain auctions have inspired further contemplation of possible wrinkles to rules #9 and #11.

1. Bids must be in the currency specified in the original auction post, which cannot be a crypto currency.

I recently noticed an auction where payment via crypto currency (or other non-refundable means of payment) was specified for unknown (new) members. (Seems reasonable enough - but perhaps escrow would be another way to address the "trust" problem?)

1. An end date/time must be specified with timezone.

An auction currently underway by @mli specifies an end time - but with a 5-minute extension after any last-minute bids (to counterbalance the practice of "sniping").

@AuroraZ brought up rule #11 ... which might do well to at least clarify whether or not the 5-minute extension is kinda maybe legit or ist streng verboten.

• @uptime said:

JackH said:
    1. Posting domain auctions does not require any special tags.
    2. Maximum starting/reserve price is $7.
    3. Members can only list 1 domain auction thread per 10 days.
    4. You need to have been registered for at least 30 days and have at least 25 non-spammy posts to post a domain auction or to bid in a domain auction.
    5. All domains in the auction must be at least 6 months old.
    6. All bids must be public and made in the domain auction thread.
    7. A deal is a deal. A failure to actually sell/transfer the domains after having offered them on action will have consequences for you at LowEndTalk. A failure to respond or finish the transaction in a decent matter (or at all) as the highest bidder may also have consequences for you at LowEndTalk.
    8. We don't hold any responsibility for potential disputes between two parties. Participating in auctions is at your own risk.
    9. Bids must be in the currency specified in the original auction post, which cannot be a crypto currency.
    10. Minimum bid increments must be specified, maximum $2
    11. An end date/time must be specified with timezone.

some recent domain auctions have inspired further contemplation of possible wrinkles to rules #9 and #11.

1. Bids must be in the currency specified in the original auction post, which cannot be a crypto currency.

I recently noticed an auction where payment via crypto currency (or other non-refundable means of payment) was specified for unknown (new) members. (Seems reasonable enough - but perhaps escrow would be another way to address the "trust" problem?)

Probably not a problem, as long as the currency itself is specified. Any exchange rates will need to be taken care of by the buyer and the seller.

The rule exists to prevent someone from selling something for "1 btc", only to have the actual value of the bid fluctuate immensely over the course of the auction.

1. An end date/time must be specified with timezone.

An auction currently underway by @mli specifies an end time - but with a 5-minute extension after any last-minute bids (to counterbalance the practice of "sniping").

@AuroraZ brought up rule #11 ... which might do well to at least clarify whether or not the 5-minute extension is kinda maybe legit or ist streng verboten.

Seems like the end date is pretty well specified there imo. You know exactly what you're getting in to.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Probably a silly question, are we allowed to post advertisement for free hosting services? Couldn't find anything specific.

• @seriesn said:
    Probably a silly question, are we allowed to post advertisement for free hosting services? Couldn't find anything specific.

Yes, same rules apply though. $0 is under $7, so as long as you follow the other rules you should be fine.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • LowVMLowVM Member
    edited September 2019

@JackH said:

Please check this ticket ##149008

Thanked by 1vserversite

@ViridWeb said:

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thanks for your reply!
    My ticket already submitted. Unfortunately I forgot to note down my ticket number.

It's more than 1 month. Still waiting for provider status.
    Hope Mods can find my ticket soon.
    I didn't save the ticket number. :disappointed:

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2019

@ViridWeb said:

@ViridWeb said:

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thanks for your reply!

My apologies. I don’t have access to the ticket system so I’ve forwarded your request to an admin that does.

(Edit: I’m not sure if the warning will affect your eligibility either)

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

@ViridWeb said:

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thanks for your reply!

My apologies. I don’t have access to the ticket system so I’ve forwarded your request to an admin that does.

(Edit: I’m not sure if the warning will affect your eligibility either)

Thanks mod for your response.. I will wait.
    And yes I have got an warning due to my foolishness.
    I have edited one of my post after the issue resolved.
    Hope it will not affects my application.
    Thanks again..