Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lu-shared02 down, who is the owner?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

lu-shared02 down, who is the owner?

a year ago I bought a shared hosting, they gave me https://lu-shared02.cpanelplatform.com:2083 to access cPanel. And a month ago I bought hosting at another provider, they gave the same link to cPanel.
how to tell them that cPanel is not accessible ?

Comments

• TerensMTerensM Member
    edited August 2019

same problem here @Francisco

• buyshared?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

That is @Francisco

• Have you tried to open a ticket?

• @hostnoob said:
    buyshared?

Yes, right

• Unless it is a reseller which it sounds like it is, then it is the entity that sold you your hosting, and not @Francisco. He will not be able to help you unless you bought from him.

@MikePT should know this as well, he has been around long enough to know it.

Thanked by 2MikePT kkrajk
  • @ITLabs said:
    Have you tried to open a ticket?

I have opened a ticket, but they (the current provider) never respond when my site is down.

• @public_html frantech has an active channel on discord (and they have been notified there already)

@AuroraZ said:
    Unless it is a reseller which it sounds like it is, then it is the entity that sold you your hosting, and not @Francisco. He will not be able to help you unless you bought from him.

In this case cPanel isnt really working so I sent Francisco a message. Would obviously not tag him if this wasnt an issue related to the server 👍

Thanked by 2MichaelCee ITLabs
  • It's Sunday, let's all just pray together and be happy :)

Thanked by 2MikePT ITLabs

@public_html said:

@ITLabs said:
    Have you tried to open a ticket?

I have opened a ticket, but they (the current provider) never respond when my site is down.

That is not good. Consider purchasing from buyshared instead.

Thanked by 3ITLabs ehab kkrajk
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited August 2019

MikePT said:
    That is not good. Consider purchasing from buyshared instead.

On that note.. had <5 min response time to acknowledge problems

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ehabehab Member

after Mic-hael left Ho-ost , no support exists.

• @MikePT said:
    In this case cPanel isnt really working so I sent Francisco a message. Would obviously not tag him if this wasnt an issue related to the server 👍

I think so, the main provider must know

• ehab said: after Mic-hael left Ho-ost , no support exists.

That's really sad if it's a genuine comment mate. That was my baby.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

I suspect everyone is waiting on Francisco to wake. It looks like he logged off ~2hr ago. He needs a pager taster.

• @MikePT said:

@AuroraZ said:
    Unless it is a reseller which it sounds like it is, then it is the entity that sold you your hosting, and not @Francisco. He will not be able to help you unless you bought from him.

I can understand the server is down, but he should still wait for the reseller to reply and not bother @Fransico. He should never have even been told Fransisco was involved as he is not his client, but the resellers. What ever info he gets from Fran needs to passed along that his job. I know you want to help, and that is commendable, but sometimes the best thing is to not help and give out information so it makes some one else's life hell.

I am almost positive @Francisco knows it is down or it went down for maintenance and he sent out a notice. The reseller may not have passed it along, but it is not Fran's responsibility to clean up his mess.

• ehabehab Member

@Mic-hael said:

I had tickets auto-closed after some days with no reply what so ever. For shared plans i rely on inceptionhosting, Mrvm and gestiondbi.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2019

@public_html a few things that may help.

1. Check your emails, see who the host is, if it is not Frantech/buyshared then you are probably a customer of a reseller in which case you need to go through the reseller.

2. Check YOUR EMAILS it is possible you have been migrated to direct admin.

I suspect given that "cpanelplatform.com" does not even respond to ping and the obvious issues with the domain: https://intodns.com/cpanelplatform.com it is almost unthinkable that Fran actually manages this domain so it is highly likely that you are a customer of a reseller that has decided to close down rather than pay the increased license prices imposed by cPanel recently.

Take a breath and read the first few pages of: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158547/new-cpanel-licensing-and-pricing-structure-thoughts

My advice, buy another hosting plan from another host or from Frantech/buyshared directly and restore from your backups, you will probably be chasing your own tail for weeks otherwise before coming to the conclusion that this is what you should have done weeks ago.

@AuroraZ said:

@MikePT said:

@AuroraZ said:

I can understand the server is down, but he should still wait for the reseller to reply and not bother @Fransico. He should never have even been told Fransisco was involved as he is not his client, but the resellers. What ever info he gets from Fran needs to passed along that his job. I know you want to help, and that is commendable, but sometimes the best thing is to not help and give out information so it makes some one else's life hell.

I am almost positive @Francisco knows it is down or it went down for maintenance and he sent out a notice. The reseller may not have passed it along, but it is not Fran's responsibility to clean up his mess.

I see your point. It definitely makes sense. My bad.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ MichaelCee
  • ehab said: I had tickets auto-closed after some days with no reply what so ever. For shared plans i rely on inceptionhosting, Mrvm and gestiondbi.

That saddens me, I hope your other providers treat you better.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @AnthonySmith said:

I suspect given that "cpanelplatform.com" does not even respond to ping and the obvious issues with the domain: https://intodns.com/cpanelplatform.com it is almost unthinkable that Fran actually manages this domain so it is highly likely that you are a customer of a reseller that has decided to close down rather than pay the increased license prices imposed by cPanel recently.

Take a breath and read the first few pages of: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158547/new-cpanel-licensing-and-pricing-structure-thoughts

My advice, buy another hosting plan from another host or from Frantech/buyshared directly and restore from your backups, you will probably be chasing your own tail for weeks otherwise before coming to the conclusion that this is what you should have done weeks ago.

Fran does indeed own cpanelplatform.com. Also, the whole infrastructure in LU has been down for the last two hours.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

limited said: Fran does indeed own cpanelplatform.com. Also, the whole infrastructure in LU has been down for the last two hours.

Well that would explain that then, perhaps if you point the @OP to where you got the information so he knows where to look in the future then that will be /thread :)

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • Everything will be down until Francisco Wakeup :D

• i guess they already know about this issue and working on it , hope its not another ddos randsom attack

• @webclouddev
    As per my 5 years Experience, this kind of issue never ever gone a solved until Francisco available.

• Tumbleguy1Tumbleguy1 Member
    edited August 2019

Lu,roost server down... Contacted to frantech and Steve told that they are aware and busy fixing this. @Francisco

• @Tumbleguy1 said:
    Lu,roost server down... Contacted to frantech and Steve told that they are aware and busy fixing this. @Francisco

yup mark told me same

• Not all Luxembourg servers are accessible?