Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

myw.pt experiences?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

myw.pt experiences?

v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a small shared hosting package with a good latency to New Zealand.
I just discovered myw.pt, does anyone have experiences with them?

I'm thinking about ordering one of the lifetime deals. Or just wait for @Francisco to get his DA nodes up, although I need it in the next 1-2 days.

Thanked by 1MikePT

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited August 2019

Currently idling and using it as a backup email relay (mailchannels - not the best but usable :) ). I'd say it's pretty decent. PM me and maybe I can upload a test file or something you can download?

Thanked by 2MikePT Ympker
  • sonicsonic Veteran

I also looking for some reviews before putting my websites on lifetime deal hosting which i ordered few days ago.

Thanked by 2MikePT lazyt
  • sonicsonic Veteran

P/S: I see MikePT long time ago here, but his offer is too good to be true. :dizzy:

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT good news, more people are now putting their sties on your shoulders. Time to show some good testimonials for your service.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mrclown said:
    @MikePT good news, more people are now putting their sties on your shoulders. Time to show some good testimonials for your service.

Holy damn I've never liked the whole trustpilot thing much!!! :p

@sonic said:
    P/S: I see MikePT long time ago here, but his offer is too good to be true. :dizzy:

Each server has around 2.7/2.8TB SSD usable, we simply reserve 200GB for the lifetime deal, that's purely marketing. Instead of spending $$$ on Ads, we felt it was best to promote our service and allow clients to test us for a very small fee. The goal is definitely to have customers that use and like our service. Word of mouth is very strong, so if you end up using it for years, I'm pretty sure you'd be happy to mention our services sometimes! :)

@sanvit said:
    Currently idling and using it as a backup email relay (mailchannels - not the best but usable :) ). I'd say it's pretty decent. PM me and maybe I can upload a test file or something you can download?

Thank you Sanvit! Hardcore idler! :P

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2019

Loved Mike's LET Eqivalent of Reddit (Ask Me Anything) .... responding to all those questions. My experience so far: Speedy responses to requests, great attitude. Not sure if my website will fly as I am still refuelling it (adding content... hehe ) but don't doubt it.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@vyas11 said:
    Loved Mik'es LET Eqivalent of Reddit (Ask Me Anything) .... responding to all those questions. My experience so far: Speedy responses to requests, great attitude. Not sure if my website will fly as I am still refuelling it (adding content... hehe ) but don't doubt it.

Thank you for your feedback!

I'm sure your website will fly as long as you refuel it enough! :D

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • Also idling mine for now, haven't got much time to play around with things yet. Mike has been top-notch in terms of support (haven't needed technical yet, I'm sure he's very knowledgable), fast and always friendly support. It doesn't hurt to give them a try yourself, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited August 2019

I get 100-150ms load time at Pingdom for a slightly-optimized WordPress website tested from the Frankfurt location.
    This is the fastest Shared Hosting that I've used. I'll post a proper review about them one day. Thanks, @MikePT
    But, I'm not sure if I can use this LTD account for hosting anything serious.

• "The word of mouth is very strong in this one"...

Thanked by 2MikePT ITLabs
  • I ordered 2 plans, because I have enough trust in MYW.PT to last for 2 lifetimes. Besides, I will need to have hosting in my second lifetime too, just in case reincarnation exists.

• SovaSova Member

I'm on the Hetzner box and so far so good. Already migrated one production blog to it and also migrated my FireFly III installation.
    It also has a prem PHP selektor ok?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2019

@default said:
    I ordered 2 plans, because I have enough trust in MYW.PT to last for 2 lifetimes. Besides, I will need to have hosting in my second lifetime too, just in case reincarnation exists.

Clever.. I will get one soon, too. It's just that any cheapo can't resist when confronted with a 1 time fee from a trusted provider😂😅

It's idlegasm:

Pay once, idle forever

• @Ympker said:

@default said:
    I ordered 2 plans, because I have enough trust in MYW.PT to last for 2 lifetimes. Besides, I will need to have hosting in my second lifetime too, just in case reincarnation exists.

Clever.. I will get one soon, too. It's just that any cheapo can't resist when confronted with a 1 time fee from a trusted provider😂😅

It's idlegasm:

Pay once, idle forever

Pay twice, and idle on your second life too :)

Thanked by 3Ympker MikePT ITLabs
  • a deal so nice, I had to idle it twice

Thanked by 3Ympker MikePT ITLabs
  • @sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@default said:

It's idlegasm:

Pay once, idle forever

Precisely, you guys are smart, simply by thinking outside the box lifetime. Great minds think alike.

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Also idling mine for now, haven't got much time to play around with things yet. Mike has been top-notch in terms of support (haven't needed technical yet, I'm sure he's very knowledgable), fast and always friendly support. It doesn't hurt to give them a try yourself, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

Thank you for the kind words! Doing my best! :D

MS said:
    I get 100-150ms load time at Pingdom for a slightly-optimized WordPress website tested from the Frankfurt location.
    This is the fastest Shared Hosting that I've used. I'll post a proper review about them one day. Thanks, @MikePT
    But, I'm not sure if I can use this LTD account for hosting anything serious.

Give it a try with the WordPress plugin, should be even faster! :D
    You can certainly use the LTD for serious stuff :)

@default said:

We are like cats, we have 7 lives.. :P

@Sova said:
    I'm on the Hetzner box and so far so good. Already migrated one production blog to it and also migrated my FireFly III installation.
    It also has a prem PHP selektor ok?

Network is fast my man!!! PHP Selektor is a certified DA product, powered by balls and cakes!!!

Ympker said: Clever.. I will get one soon, too. It's just that any cheapo can't resist when confronted with a 1 time fee from a trusted provider😂😅

It's idlegasm:

Pay once, idle forever

Totally get it... If you knew how many deals I've purchased because it's just cheap...!
    Same happens with cakes, I wonder what's the relation... :D

Thanked by 1ITLabs

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@default said:

It's idlegasm:

Pay once, idle forever

We shall trademark that quote! :P

@uptime said:
    a deal so nice, I had to idle it twice

Indeed, idling in two locations - omnipresence!

default said: Precisely, you guys are smart, simply by thinking outside the box lifetime. Great minds think alike.

Gotta love the quote, I use it often "Great minds think alike", definitely!!! :D

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I'm using them for my static website. It's amazing so far.
    Mike is really friendly too!

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Georges00 said:
    I'm using them for my static website. It's amazing so far.
    Mike is really friendly too!

Thank you Georges!

• I am starting to think of using each of my lifetimes with a hosting different location, just in case I get born in a different location in future.

@MikePT if I get multiple lifetime plans, will I be able to transfer each into another location, so that I may be prepared to idle here and there and everywhere? I like it when each of my mothers and fathers surprise me, not knowing where my lifetime is going to idle next.

Thanked by 3MikePT kkrajk Ympker
  • @default said:
    I am starting to think of using each of my lifetimes with a hosting different location, just in case I get born in a different location in future.

@MikePT if I get multiple lifetime plans, will I be able to transfer each into another location, so that I may be prepared to idle here and there and everywhere? I like it when each of my mothers and fathers surprise me, not knowing where my lifetime is going to idle next.

Lol was a good one :)

@MikePT any other locations on mind?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2019

@default said:
    I am starting to think of using each of my lifetimes with a hosting different location, just in case I get born in a different location in future.

Or live multiple lifetimes now.
    idler1.domain.com (continent A)
    idler2.domain.com (continent B )

And so on. That way no need to wait for the future births.

And now I stop.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

and ... you can stack a few together too!

EDIT2:

pro-tip: right now Porkbun has a few cheap-ish (mostly $2.70, some are $5 or $6 registration - along with $2.70 per year renewal) deals going on the usual suspects (if I remember correctly): .bid / .date / .faith / .men / .trade / .win / maybe some others. The $2.70 renewal sale price is the key if you want to lock in some extra years of domain cheapness to go along with your shared lifetime at MyW.pt ... (Note - if you reg something like .faith that has a different price to register - but you want that $2.70 renewal sale price - then I think easiest to just chose "1 year" for the registration to buy the domain - and then go back and add however many extra years of renewal in a separate transaction.)

Thanked by 2MikePT plumberg

@default said:

Yeah sure, that's not an issue. :)

@sanvit said:

@default said:

Lol was a good one :)

@MikePT any other locations on mind?

Singapore is next, no ETA though. It's much more expensive, our client base needs to grow before we invest there.

@vyas11 said:

@default said:

Or live multiple lifetimes now.
    idler1.domain.com (continent A)
    idler2.domain.com (continent B )

And so on. That way no need to wait for the future births.

And now I stop.

Full alphabet :D

@uptime said:
    and ... you can stack a few together too!

EDIT2:

pro-tip: right now Porkbun has a few cheap-ish (mostly $2.70, some are $5 or $6 registration - along with $2.70 per year renewal) deals going on the usual suspects (if I remember correctly): .bid / .date / .faith / .men / .trade / .win / maybe some others. The $2.70 renewal sale price is the key if you want to lock in some extra years of domain cheapness to go along with your shared lifetime at MyW.pt ... (Note - if you reg something like .faith that has a different price to register - but you want that $2.70 renewal sale price - then I think easiest to just chose "1 year" for the registration to buy the domain - and then go back and add however many extra years of renewal in a separate transaction.)

Yeah Porkbun has very attractive offers, we're using Namesilo in our system though! However, buying directly from Porkbun gets you awesomeness pricing.

We've just released WHMCS licenses, you may order directly from the available addons.

Starter License, 250 Clients, Branded - 9€ - $9.90 USD
    Plus License, 250 Clients, No Branding - 11€ - $12.21 USD
    Professional License, 1000 Clients, No Branding - 20€ - $22.20 USD
    Business License, Unlimited Clients, No Branding - 31€ - $34.41 USD

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @MikePT - I've gotten some pretty good prices via namesilo too every now and then ... :)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@uptime said:
    @MikePT - I've gotten some pretty good prices via namesilo too every now and then ... :)

I'd say I only get nice prices for .pt's, the rest isn't... meh, we sell domains for convenience, we barely profit there. :P

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@MikePT for example .xyz is currently just $0.99 to register at namesilo (renewal is more though)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@uptime said:
    @MikePT for example .xyz is currently just $0.99 to register at namesilo (renewal is more though)

That's cheap for sure! :D

Thanked by 1uptime
  • You know what.. I've been on LET for a couple years and I'm so SICK of liking and respecting @MikePT

..without having tried his services.

Expect an order today ;)

Thanked by 2skorous MikePT