Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New location. NVMe, 40G fiber. Massive discount + free DirectAdmin - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New location. NVMe, 40G fiber. Massive discount + free DirectAdmin

Comments

• @intovps said:

@trewq said:
    Do you happen to have a looking glass?

Congrats on the new location!

There http://cluj.lg.hosterion.net/

Why traffic from Telekom romania cluj gets rerouted to Bucharest then cluj? 22 ms latency inside the city defeats it's purpose for an ultra low latency vpn.

• @jsg said:
    I'm a bit torn. Some parts look attractive but others, in particular bandwith (costs) certainly don't.

From what I know there are basically 3 (more or less) major (incl. LET segment) providers in Romania: intovps, virtono, and HostSolutions and I think it would be interesting to have at least 1 with the "right balance".

I'd be willing to run a short (2 or 3 days) benchmark and make a review, but 20$ per TB are a bit shocking and I also fail to see why higher CPU and RAM seem to be tighly coupled to higher traffic volume. I mean there are plenty people out there needing high proc/mem power but little traffic as well as the opposite.

Gts is a premium network and second you pay also a premium about the premium servers and location.

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

@techhelper1 said:
    @intovps Looking at your pictures, I'm not seeing where your 1G public uplinks are, nor do I see any fiber channel switches. The 40G switches you've linked are regular Ethernet switches.

The two fiber uplinks come through the yellow pipes.

The switches are ethernet QSFP+.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2019

Here is my mini review after testing the base plan from this @intovps offer yesterday morning:
    Mods: I am posting it here to avoid starting a new discussion, though happy to do so if that is the requirement. First time I have written a mini review, and first time posting a review here.
    (I have a longer version of this review on a new 'review blog' site that I am working on, adding the link at the bottom of this post for those interested).This is a self-sponsored review, comments and views are my own.

The sign up process was quite easy- I followed the link from this discussion thread on LET, and selected the $ 3 plan, and clicked "sign up". It led me to a page that actually showed $ 10 in the shopping cart: the discussion in this thread has some explanation on that so I will not get into it here. I was okay with the pricing : at worst, I could cancel and ask for a refund. Else, I get a new toy to play with for minimum three months. It might not be upto everyone's palette. Hope that IntoVPS fix this ten dollar cap soon.

Anyways, payment made, my account page led me to something called fleio. I guessed that was the panel for creating the VPS instance, and indeed that was the case. A couple of minutes later, I was in business. On my Mac, the "Spice" terminal that opened up on my browser looked quite ugly, and the text wasn't rendering properly (Firefox Quantum, 68.0 - now updated to 68.0.1) . So, I fired up the terminal in mac, and a few seconds later, I was up and running.

The Debian instance that I chose came with the following:

Linux gaatha-test1 4.9.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.168-1+deb9u3 (2019-06-16) x86_64

The basic hygiene factor steps completed, it was time to launch the nench.sh and bench.sh tests. Posting one of the results here.

From my ISP (ACT Internet, Bengaluru) - the speeds were probably less than desirable. There have been some speed and service related issues thanks to a clampdown on overhead Internet cables and the monsoons- but that is seasonal I hope and soon we will be back to business.

I am still learning the significance of the values/ indices for testing speeds or benchmarks, and therefore do not understand most of the terms (yet). But since many folks are interested, I have added some screenshots. Did not save the bench.sh + nench.sh output, to do for new ttime.

To avail of the DirectAdmin License and the panel, one must use the VPS for at least one month. I may write a follow up review once I have set up DA on a new instance of a VPS next week. But more on that later. I and others have posted again here in this thread about DA, so not including it here.

The link to the longer version of this review is here
    update: corrected some typos. Pasting/editing long text from phone was not a good idea in hindsight.

Thanked by 3intovps MikePT uptime
  • failhostingsfailhostings Member
    edited July 2019

@vyas11 said:
    Here is my mini review after testing the base plan from this @intovps offer yesterday morning:
    Mods: I am posting it here to avoid starting a new discussion, though happy to do so if that is the requirement. First time I have written a mini review, and first time posting a review here.
    (I have a longer version of this review on a new 'review blog' site that I am working on, adding the link at the bottom of this post for those interested).This is a self-sponsored review, comments and views are my own.

The sign up process was quite easy- I followed the link from this discussion thread on LET, and selected the $ 3 plan, and clicked "sign up". It led me to a page that actually showed $ 10 in the shopping cart: the discussion in this thread has some explanation on that so I will not get into it here. I was okay with the pricing : at worst, I could cancel and ask for a refund. Else, I get a new toy to play with for minimum three months. It might not be upto everyone's palette. Hope that IntoVPS fix this ten dollar cap soon.

Anyways, payment made, my account page led me to something called fleio. I guessed that was the panel for creating the VPS instance, and indeed that was the case. A couple of minutes later, I was in business. On my Mac, the "Spice" terminal that opened up on my browser looked quite ugly, and the text wasn't rendering properly (Firefox Quantum, 68.0 - now updated to 68.0.1) . So, I fired up the terminal in mac, and a few seconds later, I was up and running.

The Debian instance that I chose came with the following:

Linux gaatha-test1 4.9.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.168-1+deb9u3 (2019-06-16) x86_64

The basic hygiene factor steps completed, it was time to launch the nench.sh and bench.sh tests. Posting one of the results here.

From my ISP (ACT Internet, Bengaluru) - the speeds were probably less than desirable. There have been some speed and service related issues thanks to a clampdown on overhead Internet cables and the monsoons- but that is seasonal I hope and soon we will be back to business.

I am still learning the values and significance testing speeds or benchmarks, and therefore do understand most of the terms (yet) but since many folks are interested, I have added some screenshots.To avail of the DirectAdmin License and the panel, one must use the VPS for at least one month. I may write a follow up review once I have set up DA on a new instance of a VPS next week. But more on that later.

The link to the longer version of this review is here

Romania is a location to avoid for good speeds to asia or oceania , africa or south america.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2019

@failhostings said:

Romania is a location to avoid for good speeds to asia or oceania , africa or south america.

Maybe you have a point!

So my home network went down yesterday three odd hours into the test install (now restored), and I did not want to bother with my mobile phone network. Will run another instance tomorrow from the office to see if speeds are any better.

Thanked by 2intovps failhostings
  • @vyas11 said:

@failhostings said:

Maybe you have a point!

So my home network went down yesterday three odd hours into the test install (now restored), and I did not want to bother with my mobile phone network. Will run another instance tomorrow from the office to see if speeds are any better.

Just post a traceroute you will see if this is the actual speed or traffic reroute due network issues.

Thanked by 1vyas11

@vyas11 thanks for the review.

I agree that the console is ugly. We'll see what we can do about it. I've also noted some other things from your blog post.

For Asia connectivity you may want to try our Amsterdam region, it's in the Leaseweb network.

Thanked by 1vimalware

@failhostings said:

@intovps said:

@trewq said:
    Do you happen to have a looking glass?

Congrats on the new location!

There http://cluj.lg.hosterion.net/

Why traffic from Telekom romania cluj gets rerouted to Bucharest then cluj? 22 ms latency inside the city defeats it's purpose for an ultra low latency vpn.

Indeed, inter-ISP peering is usually done in Bucharest, not in Cluj.

For a lower latency from Telekom Cluj to our service a VPS in Bucharest is better.

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • hanoihanoi Member

Congrats IntoVPS guys, i still using your IntoDNS daily.

Thanked by 1intovps

@hanoi said:
    Congrats IntoVPS guys, i still using your IntoDNS daily.

Thank you :)

@muratai said:

@intovps said:
    In Cluj we don't have direct RCS & RDS connection, but in our Bucharest location.

Bucharest, Romania:
    Test IP address: 93.113.174.139

Do you have a looking glass for Bucharest location? Thank you.

Bucharest looking glass:

https://lg.buc.hosterion.com/

• AndruAndru Member

@intovps said:

@muratai said:

@intovps said:
    In Cluj we don't have direct RCS & RDS connection, but in our Bucharest location.

Bucharest, Romania:

Bucharest looking glass:

What hardware is used in Bucharest?

Right now in production in Bucharest:

CPU: 1 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v4 @ 2.40GHz
    RAM: 256GB ECC DDR4@2666Mhz
    Storage: 4 x  1TB SSD in RAID10

Hardware already ordered and on the way (will take some weeks to be in production):

CPU: 1 x AMD EPYC 7351P 16Cores/32Threads @ 2.4Ghz 64M  Cache
    RAM: 256GB ECC DDR4@2666Mhz
    Storage: 1.92TB Enterprise SSD in RAID10

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • whats in fremont now?

@cybertech said:
    whats in fremont now?

Same as in Bucharest.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2019

@intovps said:

I agree that the console is ugly. We'll see what we can do about it. I've also noted some other things from your blog post.

For Asia connectivity you may want to try our Amsterdam region, it's in the Leaseweb network.

Would the Amsterdam location have same plan or will that be trading a Dog Rose for a Tulip?

You get where I am coming from!

@vyas11 said:

@intovps said:

Would the Amsterdam location have same plan or will that be trading a Dog Rose for a Tulip?

You get where I am coming from!

Amsterdam M2 is on standard $5 / mo pricing.
    The 40% discount is just in Cluj.

@vyas11 said:
    On my Mac, the "Spice" terminal that opened up on my browser looked quite ugly, and the text wasn't rendering properly (Firefox Quantum, 68.0 - now updated to 68.0.1) . So, I fired up the terminal in mac, and a few seconds later, I was up and running.

We were waiting for a fix from the noVNC console project. The fix is done and we've updated Spice to noVNC, which looks more appealing:

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2019

Looks interesting. Will check once I am back home. Thx for the update...

Thanked by 1intovps
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

@intovps PM'd you... cannot edit my prev comment..

• @intovps said:

@muratai said:

@intovps said:

Bucharest, Romania:

Bucharest looking glass:

Thank you. Do you have some offers for Bucharest location as well?

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@intovps Just so you know, I am waiting for you to offer VPS in SG.

Thanked by 2intovps vimalware
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2019

@MechanicWeb said:
    @intovps Just so you know, I am waiting for you to offer VPS in SG.

An update - since I posted the review of the service and have been overall very happy. unfortunately had to cancel for now - have explained to them why. Refund was received within minutes.

@intovps you won a fan. would love to deal in future !!

p.s: In case the SG location does open up- will seriously consider.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • I grabbed a Cluj server and after problems with SPICE, the switch to alternate noVNC cmd screen has worked well. PLENTY fast enough from Australia and DA is a great panel.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

vyas11 said: since I posted the review of the service and have been overall very happy

That's what matters most. It's nice to see a happy customer.

Thanked by 2intovps vyas11
  • @intovps said:
    @alento and all, thank you for the feedback. We'll find a way to be more clear in how our billing system works,

If anyone wants to pay a lower than $10 initial deposit, place your order and PM me.

hello, can you check the pm? thanks!

@iCloudRR said:

@intovps said:
    @alento and all, thank you for the feedback. We'll find a way to be more clear in how our billing system works,

If anyone wants to pay a lower than $10 initial deposit, place your order and PM me.

hello, can you check the pm? thanks!

Done

• Recently deployed in Amsterdam, top notch thus far :) Props!

Thanked by 1vimalware

@Mic-hael said:
    Recently deployed in Amsterdam, top notch thus far :) Props!

Thanks!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee