Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS protected VPN testers needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS protected VPN testers needed

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
edited July 2013 in Requests

Due to popular demand and after many weeks of development, we are offering VPN based backends for X4B. We are currently looking for beta testers for it.

How it works:

1. You connect your server via an IPSec + L2TP VPN. This gives you an internal IP you can bind your servers to (or bind to INADDR_ANY/0.0.0.0 if you dont care).

2. We handle the port forwards from the ddos protected IP to this private backend, and you can have multiple backends per public IP (Destination Nat / Port Forwards)

Its been designed for protecting windows game servers, that need to have full encapsulation (for preservation of connecting IP). And this had to be developed since Windows doesn't support GRE or IP/IP tunnels.

It should work on Windows Server 2003, and it has been internally tested on Server 2008, Windows 7 and 8. We are primarily looking for people who are running Game Servers on Windows, but PM me if you want to try it on a different OS.

Looking for testers to test for roughly a week. If we don't get enough of a turn out we might extend it to longer. We should be ready to begin by Fri/Sat. All testers will be given a free months service for their time (1TB plan or lower). We should have all servers tested by then (all DDoS protected servers), however I reserve the right to restrict choices if too many people choose the same server.

Expressions of interest via PM or in this thread. Thanks.

Note: This is not a forward VPN. You cant browse the internet through it, its a reverse VPN (for lack of a better description) that allows you to DDoS protect a server through a VPN tunnel.

Comments

• RaptaRapta Member

Hi there, I'm interested in testing your VPN service, currently running a game server and a teamspeak server so would like to know if they all work together.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@Rapta Sounds good, there is nothing wrong with that setup.

I should also mention, if you think you have a strange setup we are even more interested since its much better that any problems or oversights are found now then later on.

• wroxwrox Member

I have a server running a TeamSpeak server on Windows Server 2012. Do I qualify to try your service out?

@wrox Yes, Ill drop you a PM on Friday with what I need.

Still looking for one or two more people, if you are interested drop me a PM.

• Count me in. I hope testers arent required to simulate a DDOS. :)

Of course not, we know the DDoS aspect works its purely a technical test / compatibility data gathering exercise.