Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Leaseweb replying to sales tickets?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Leaseweb replying to sales tickets?

leaseweb billing has not been replying to my tickets for past 10 days.

their live chat is outsourced to Us and they have no access to the tickets

I am stuck with leaseweb as I forgot the end my yearly contract 1823901 months before.

Their account portal has no data of past invoices, it is gone. are they upto something fishy?

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

if you failed to cancel you need to pay up. There's nothing to discuss.

• they do replied including their live chat.

• @Clouvider said:

I have no issues with paying. I am ready to pay up.

The thing is, they are not replying to my billing queries, providing me the invoice and various other details that I have requested regarding the account

• bruzlibruzli Member, LIR

they migrated to a new billing system 1-2 months ago, probably that's why you don't have invoicing archive.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@nikozin said:

@Clouvider said:

The thing is, they are not replying to my billing queries, providing me the invoice and various other details that I have requested regarding the account

Didn't you get the invoices via email?
    Has the debt collector already been in touch ? If so, they are unlikely to deal with you directly any more.

• @Clouvider said:

@nikozin said:

@Clouvider said:

Didn't you get the invoices via email?
    Has the debt collector already been in touch ? If so, they are unlikely to deal with you directly any more.

Debt collector?

There are no invoices present in my email or hosting account. I haven't reached the billing cycle yet.

I am asking the details in advance so I can top-up the account as a precaution in case my credit card company decides to shit on me.

• nikozin said: I am stuck with leaseweb as I forgot the end my yearly contract 1823901 months before.

If the services is ended previous month, and the data is removed, did Leaseweb have an automatic cancelation for services? I don't know about it, so maybe another user with experience can answer?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:

nikozin said: I am stuck with leaseweb as I forgot the end my yearly contract 1823901 months before.

If the services is ended previous month, and the data is removed, did Leaseweb have an automatic cancelation for services? I don't know about it, so maybe another user with experience can answer?

I assure you this is not the case, they are stuck up about their contract terms. These days hosting providers are renting their servers on hourly basis yet they bind people by the yearly contract. Absurd practice.

• Um.. The service, is it have agreement or contract or something like that, that say the service will be discontinued after xxx periods of time?

Or, do you still remember the type of the service? If it's just removed like that, maybe they've sent some notification email, and ended in junk folder in email.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

They are often slow at contacting you back when you want to leave. We have a few racks waiting on our terms to end so we can switch to another company in NL.
    Best of luck.

• Am quite happy with Leaseweb Sales and Tech support so far. They got back to me in 1-2 days when I asked them to generate an invoice a month early. But that's Leaseweb APAC -- unsure if they have different support staff.

• They're very responsive if you call them directly.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2019

@nikozin said:

@ErawanArifNugroho said:

nikozin said: I am stuck with leaseweb as I forgot the end my yearly contract 1823901 months before.

I assure you this is not the case, they are stuck up about their contract terms. These days hosting providers are renting their servers on hourly basis yet they bind people by the yearly contract. Absurd practice.

Patiently wait for the debt collectors. Do not call, do not escallate matter on their listed contacts. Just wait, maybe write one more post here...

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

PM me if you need our account manager's email address.

• @nikozin said:

@ErawanArifNugroho said:

People that sign yearly contracts are expected to pay for the whole year whether they think its absurd or not. If you legally can read and sign a contract- deal with the ramifications of what you signed. Uber charges by the ride, yet ford will stick you with a 7 year loan. Absurd practice /s. Pay a premium for hourly server or contract for a year- either way you chose it and have to pay for it

• nikozinnikozin Member
    edited July 2019

@TinFoil2019 said:

@nikozin said:

@ErawanArifNugroho said:

People that sign yearly contracts are expected to pay for the whole year whether they think its absurd or not. If you legally can read and sign a contract- deal with the ramifications of what you signed. Uber charges by the ride, yet ford will stick you with a 7 year loan. Absurd practice /s. Pay a premium for hourly server or contract for a year- either way you chose it and have to pay for it

I have no objection with yearly contracts. I have problem with automatic renewal of the said contract.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for LeaseWeb billing to generate the invoice so I can pay in advance.

• WoetWoet Member

Assuming you ordered as a consumer and not a business, "Wet Van Dam" has been in effect since December 2011, explicitly forbidding these kind of practices. Any contract is cancellable with a 1-month notice after the initial contract term, unless you specifically sign another contract that extends it for another year.

For more information, check https://www.iusmentis.com/zakendoen/consumentenrecht/wetvandam-stilzwijgend-opzeggen-verlengen/

• @Woet said:
    Assuming you ordered as a consumer and not a business, "Wet Van Dam" has been in effect since December 2011, explicitly forbidding these kind of practices. Any contract is cancellable with a 1-month notice after the initial contract term, unless you specifically sign another contract that extends it for another year.

For more information, check https://www.iusmentis.com/zakendoen/consumentenrecht/wetvandam-stilzwijgend-opzeggen-verlengen/

Thanks, this is indeed helpful.

I signed up as a customer and told them to cancel my contract exactly 1 month before. They did not honor my request.

Anyways, this ordeal has been a valuable lesson for me to avoid Leaseweb and likes.

• @nikozin said:

@Woet said:

Thanks, this is indeed helpful.

I signed up as a customer and told them to cancel my contract exactly 1 month before. They did not honor my request.

Anyways, this ordeal has been a valuable lesson for me to avoid Leaseweb and likes.

Leaseweb treats non bussines costumers like the criminals lols

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@Woet said:
    "Wet Van Dam" has been in effect since December 2011, explicitly forbidding these kind of practices.

• So guys.

All the contract, automatic renewal bullshit aside. I have been asking Leaseweb to give me option to top-up balance in advance into my account so it can be used to pay future invoice. It's been 10 days without any reply.

I have developed more respect for LET providers ♥

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

I have been in contact with them as well ... they are being VERY slow to reply. So slow that I think I will take my business elsewhere. We would have been a returning customer, but if they cannot confirm that our customer data is still in their billing system and answer a few presales questions within a week ... well, something is wrong.

So ... can anyone recommend a Amsterdam (or NL) provider to colocate a 1U server? LET pricing not required ... reasonable communication is. :)

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

Colocation in NL: bit.nl

Thanked by 1joeri
  • nikozinnikozin Member
    edited August 2019

Sorry for bumping the old thread. I have an update.

With the recent experiences with Leaseweb NL, I'd recommend all of you to reconsider your decision or avoid their services altogether.

I just found out that their routing/network is choked as well. My VPS server upload speed doesn't go above 50mbps on international routes. Be warned!

Moreover, they take 5 days to respond to a ticket, applies to both sales and technical support.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@nikozin said:
    leaseweb billing has not been replying to my tickets for past 10 days.

their live chat is outsourced to Us and they have no access to the tickets

I am stuck with leaseweb as I forgot the end my yearly contract 1823901 months before.

Their account portal has no data of past invoices, it is gone. are they upto something fishy?

Your thread's title said sales ticket and your discussion said billing ticket!!
    Anyway, yes they are reply their sales ticket, even they reply on live chat as well