Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nixstats 4th of July Special (30 Servers/30 Web Checks/4096 RBL Checks)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nixstats 4th of July Special (30 Servers/30 Web Checks/4096 RBL Checks)

vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

Happy independence day! To celebrate we're here with a great offer for anyone looking for web/server/blacklist and log monitoring.

This plan is perfect for web/vps hosts with our plugins for CloudLinux, KVM, cPanel and more.

30 servers (Windows/Linux)
30 web Monitors (http(s)/tcp/icmp)
4096 Blacklist monitors (24 hours refresh)
Custom hosted public status page
60 seconds refresh interval

$58.65 $19.95 per month!

This custom plan will appear on the billing page when you’re ready to subscribe.

Comments

• I really like the look of Nixstats and this offer seems like it could convince me to deploy it more widely.

Is there anywhere I can find out about the security of the server monitoring daemon? In particular, whether it is send-only, or whether it listens for commands from a central NixStats server? I'm really keen to avoid any software on my servers that does the latter.

Thanks in advance :D

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Premium monitoring service.

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:
    Premium monitoring service.

Thanks!

@YellowHummingbird said:
    I really like the look of Nixstats and this offer seems like it could convince me to deploy it more widely.

Is there anywhere I can find out about the security of the server monitoring daemon? In particular, whether it is send-only, or whether it listens for commands from a central NixStats server? I'm really keen to avoid any software on my servers that does the latter.

Our monitoring agent is open source and does not listen for commands from any server. Traffic strictly flows from the agent to our API servers, not the other way around.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird
  • @YellowHummingbird said:
    I really like the look of Nixstats and this offer seems like it could convince me to deploy it more widely.

Our monitoring agent is open source and does not listen for commands from any server. Traffic strictly flows from the agent to our API servers, not the other way around.

Ooops, I must have missed that! Thank you - sounds great and it’s amazing to see it’s open source.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@YellowHummingbird said:

@YellowHummingbird said:

Ooops, I must have missed that! Thank you - sounds great and it’s amazing to see it’s open source.

No problem, feel free to browse some of the plugins we currently have as well as the option to build your own plugins to monitor anything else you have running on your servers.

Thanked by 1YellowHummingbird