Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedispec the worst hosting in the world
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedispec the worst hosting in the world

Hello everyone, before posting this review I need to clarify some things.

• I am not fluent in English, so this topic may contain misspellings.
  • Anyone still in doubt about what happened, can you ask me for more evidence.

I will talk about my terrible experience with dedispec.com and I ended up throwing money in the trash

It all started on the 27th, in which I ordered the server:

Dual Xeon E5-2660v1 2 CPU - 16 Colors / 32 Threads 2.20Ghz - 3.0Ghz 128GB DDR3 4TB 480GB SSD 10Gbit Port: 100TB

First they did not have the 10gb link to give, and I suggested that they put me on a 1gb link temporarily and they ran (the link was so bad that it was only half 500mbps)

After the 3-day deadline as it was a custom server, I was promised to deliver the server next week (it was delivered yesterday 07/03/2019). Almost a week late.

Soon the first day the server had problems, in less than 12 hours the server crashed and went offline for 3/4 hours.

No, the server did not come back after this response (sarcasm by the horrible attendance)
They do not tell you what the reason for the downfall is, they do not reimburse you for the days lost for being offline, you do not have an ETA or SLA contract, they just do not give a s*** about you.

Also, I requested a refund, as the server just did not work, they handed me a metal scrap.
They respond that their TOS does not allow (the TOS is not above the law, worth remembering this)
Meanwhile I get my server offline to the present moment and without my money.
Before saying not to buy in cheap places, I leave my answer: at least they must deliver the service that I bought and at least functional, I am not giving money for charity, I do not recommend dedispec nor for my worst enemy.

Comments

• Meanwhile mine works like a dream. I tested 8 Gbps inside USA but it dropped to under 2Gbps when routed to EU.

Can't complain for that amount of money.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

They are not the worst.

Alpharack are.

Thanked by 1taubin
  • I think delayed in delivery server could happen and that's pretty normal for most providers except for those which has instant deployment. Since billing date was adjusted nicely, that should even be big problem.

Server issue could happen from one to another. Unlucky for some of us including myself last time. But you need a lot of patience with some lowend providers which can eventually be sorted out together if hw issue persists and some are quite hard to pin point which gonna need time.

Try to solve together during and until end of billing period before u gave up totally.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Dedispec is just a reseller mostly from WSI.
    If you have the choice, always skip the reseller.

Thanked by 2dedicados sirluis
  • Vitor_HugoVitor_Hugo Member
    edited July 2019

I really do not want to stay with them, I want to get out as fast as possible and get my money back, I need to also mention that their DDoS protection is a lie, with a layer 4 power higher than the server link is already able to knock- (its only "" protection "" is its bandwidth)

Test power:

Proof server down:

On some topics on other forums, they claim to have 5gbps of protection in (where my server is)
    I literally can not use this server for what I want, which is to host minecraft, as I am easy target of DoS and DDoS attacks.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited July 2019

are you attacking your own server to "test" it? because that graph is very familiar.

• @hzr said:
    are you attacking your own server to "test" it? because that graph is very familiar.

Yes, my server.
    In the first print, I demonstrate the power of the attack.

Thanked by 1hzr
  • hzrhzr Member
    edited July 2019

did you ask permission from all parties involved before attacking your server, and are you using a legitimate service or an illegal booter?

Thanked by 1jackb
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@hzr said:

Yes, my server.
    In the first print, I demonstrate the power of the attack.

You just made yourself liable for damages.

Everytime you test ddos protection, you need to ask everyone involved for their permission.

Thanked by 1Bastion
  • emghemgh Member

He deserves a refund, but if you were attacking their network without their permission you don't deserve a refund.

• hzrhzr Member

if you are admitting to ddosing your provider with a hacked-machine booter (not a legitimate service that pays for their bandwidth, blatant script kiddie stuff based on the watermark) without permission then complaining that your server is down to get a refund?

i would expect jail, not a refund.

edited July 2019

@hzr said:
    did you ask permission from all parties involved before attacking your server, and are you using a legitimate service or an illegal booter?

It's simply a perl made to send packages to port 80/443.
    It's not a booter or stresser.

I own a server in Amsterdam for this.
    This proves that they have no firewall or filter.
    Summary = lie about protection.

Own or rent?

Regardless, you don't own the network.

• hzrhzr Member

And this is the site you decided to use for "legitimate testing"?

• @hzr said:
    And this is the site you decided to use for "legitimate testing"?

This site has the function of testing the received bandwidth "live dstat graph"
    In which was the print I sent.

I'd ask @FAT33 to delete this thread if I were you.

This can and will be used against you in the future when you dig too big of a hole later.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • hzrhzr Member

Vitor_Hugo said: I own a server in Amsterdam for this.

again, did you ask permission from both the provider in amsterdam, their upstream, and dedispec and their upstream to both originate and attack their network?

• The 5gbps promise is from WSI, they resell them.

edited July 2019

@hzr said:

Vitor_Hugo said: I own a server in Amsterdam for this.

again, did you ask permission from both the provider in amsterdam, their upstream, and dedispec and their upstream to both originate and attack their network?

It is not a ddos attack, it can be considered a "DoS", it simply used the whole link of the machine using packet requests, it is absolutely the same thing as using all the bandwidth in which I have access on the server.

Anyway there is a middle ground in that, they say have protection, but who will prove that it really has? Only in the test itself, and there is no loss in no time.

EDIT: This could be barred simply with a firewall or blackhole rule.

Not for you to decide though because definitions vary depending on circumstances.

• WinneWinne Member

You forgot to tell us how much money you lost during that critical downtime.

edited July 2019

@Winne said:

I could not even use the server yet, the server has some hardware, power or network problem currently.
    The problem started hours after the server was delivered, with an unexplained crash in 12 hours since I received the service.
    Also, I did not receive what I bought because they do not have the 10gb link as promised on the site.

• it was too good to be true =(

but yes, dedispec is really slow in deployment and support. if you can dont host any critical there.

Thanked by 1Vitor_Hugo
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@Winne said:

I could not even use the server yet, the server has some hardware, power or network problem currently.
    The problem started hours after the server was delivered, with an unexplained crash in 12 hours since I received the service.
    Also, I did not receive what I bought because they do not have the 10gb link as promised on the site.

You're lucky you haven't been terminated without refund yet.

Like seriously, who really thinks attacking their provider is a smart idea?

Thanked by 1SH_Dream
  • @jackb said:

@Vitor_Hugo said:

@Winne said:

You're lucky you haven't been terminated without refund yet.

Like seriously, who really thinks attacking their provider is a smart idea?

You should read the entire thread before answering this, the server was already in trouble and still has problems.
    The dedispec service is useless, much less it works.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Vitor_Hugo said:
    You should read the entire thread before answering this, the server was already in trouble and still has problems.
    The dedispec service is useless, much less it works.

You are the trouble, imo.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@hzr, @jackb, etc

Aren't you overplaying this somewhat? From what I understand @Vitor_Hugo uses one of his (rented, whatever) servers to test another server he rented and payed. So, if I'm not gravely mistaken, he does not violate any law but merely uses his payed resources to transfer packets, albeit in this case not exactly friendly ones (So what, it's his payed resources he's wasting).

The real sh_tpile in this case seems to be (a) a classical reselling related problem, and (b) dedispec not delivering what they sold and got payed for.

Perhaps, but it's better to stop him before he does something more serious.

This discussion has been closed.