Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online Data Center Park Falkenstein turns 10 - free setup special!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online Data Center Park Falkenstein turns 10 - free setup special!

Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host
edited July 2019 in Offers

For our jubilee, setup fees are taking a holiday. This month, we're celebrating a milestone in the history of our company. With the opening of Data Center Park Falkenstein exactly 10 years ago, we launched our first data center park in Germany, and set a new standard in excellence for IT infrastructure. Today, there are more than 200,000 servers in operation, a number which grows each day.

That's why we're running such an amazing special this month! We're dropping the setup fees for select products. This includes our EX, PX, and AX dedicated root servers, all of our managed servers, and web hosting accounts level 4 and higher.

Take a look at our goods. These deals are so hot, you may need shades:
https://www.hetzner.com

This incredible offer is good for the full month of July 2019!

Comments

• donlidonli Member

Congratulations on your 10 years.

Thanked by 2emgh Hetzner_OL
  • How about some love for Hetzner Cloud? :)

• LeviLevi Member

Yea, some love for Cloud is definitely would be appreciated :)

• sonicsonic Veteran

Some love for cloud server pls :))

• Happy birthday Hetzner! May the potassium remain superior for another decade :)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • some love for cloud server pls! like a free set up !

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @sonic said:
    Some love for cloud server pls :))

Private network for cloud would sure be nice...

• Any news about the EX42 stock level?

• @rick2610 said:
    Any news about the EX42 stock level?

I've never seen Hetzner Dedi's out of stock =o

• @graphic said:

@rick2610 said:
    Any news about the EX42 stock level?

I've never seen Hetzner Dedi's out of stock =o

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-ex

ex42 out of stock

• It's been out of stock for quite a while, probably switching to newer hardware?

• scarecrowscarecrow Member
    edited July 2019

Damn no SX62 setup discount. Why is setup for the SX series never removed on all your specials?
    Congrats on 10 years

• LeviLevi Member

EX42 can be hunted down in server bidder.

• Happy birthday! And congratulations for the achievement.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@Hetzner_OL cheers!

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Wee. Happy 10!

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Happy 10!... and it does seem like my wallet is lighter ;)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

LTniger said: EX42 can be hunted down in server bidder.

For more than buying it through the normal process. Even if you add in the cost of the setup fee.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! :blush:

cybertech said: like a free set up !

Our Cloud servers generally have no setup fees. You can configure and order your server in Cloud Console and it will be ready in just a few seconds.

dragon2611 said: Private network for cloud would sure be nice...

Our team is working hard to make this feature available. Please be a little more patient so that we can implement it properly :wink:

rick2610 said: Any news about the EX42 stock level?

The EX42(-NVMe) is indeed currently out of stock. We can't tell for sure but we expect it to be available again in August/September.
    --Julia, Marketing

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

Hetzner_OL said:
    Our team is working hard to make this feature available. Please be a little more patient so that we can implement it properly :wink:

People have waited 10 years! :wink: :wink:

• Some coupon maybe a warm hug ;)

• AkaikeAkaike Member

@donli said:

Hetzner_OL said:

What are you talkin' about? Their cloud isn't that old (1 and half year) :hushed:.

• donlidonli Member

@Akaike said:

@donli said:

Hetzner_OL said:

What are you talkin' about? Their cloud isn't that old (1 and half year) :hushed:.

(the data center is 10 years old - that's the joke, see)

• emghemgh Member

@Akaike said:

@donli said:

Hetzner_OL said:

Hello,

It was a joke. Considering they have been around for 10 years.

Thanks for your inquary,
    Emgh
    LowEndTalk Level 2 Joke Support

• AkaikeAkaike Member
    edited July 2019

@donli said:

@Akaike said:

@donli said:

Hetzner_OL said:

(the data center is 10 years old - that's the joke, see)

Yes, their dedicated servers have a private network and the cloud is a new story. I'm pretty sure they will add this feature this year.

@emgh said:
    It was a joke. Considering they have been around for 10 years.

Thanks for your inquary,
    Emgh
    LowEndTalk Level 2 Joke Support

I'm half German, I guess that part doesn't have any humor.

Thanked by 3emgh uptime Hetzner_OL
  • williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

graphic said: I've never seen Hetzner Dedi's out of stock =o

EX51-GPU was out of stock for a long time during crypto mining silly season last year, and it's out of stock again now even though the GTX1080 has gotten behind the times. I know there was a bitcoin price surge so I wonder if miners have snapped up the GPU's again.

EX42 was in stock til recently (I probably last looked a week or two ago). Not surprised it's out of stock now. It's terrific with no setup and it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the no-setup announcement.

Happy birthday FSN data center park! Sure, refreshes to the EX42 and GPU servers would be nice, but they were also fine the way they were.

And I didn't notice Hetzner ever having had setup fees for shared hosting! I didn't pay much attention to that product though, since I'm in the US and usually want my web stuff closer to home.

Added: @Hetzner_OL I just noticed (must have seen before but forgot) that the EX42 has 64GB of ram! That much ram costs as much as 20TB of HDD space, more or less. Lots of us want the CPU and HDD storage on these servers but don't do anything that ram intensive, so a refresh at around the same price with 16GB ram and 2x8TB disks or so would be fantastic. Maybe it could be called the SX32 or something. Of course there is already the SX62, but 4x drives is a big upward step.

Also of course would like to see StorageBox refresh with hourly billing like cloud servers. I have a 2x3TB auction server with backups scattered all over the net. Partly because of the upcoming Debian 10 release I'd like to wipe the server, reinstall all the software, and restore the files. It would sure be nicer to copy everything locally (within Hetzner) for a few days to do this operation, instead of having it scattered across several continents like it is now.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Please add Directadmin internal licenses

Thanked by 1joeri
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

willie said: EX42 was in stock til recently (I probably last looked a week or two ago). Not surprised it's out of stock now. It's terrific with no setup and it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the no-setup announcement.

Guess who bought all of them EX42.

150 pieces of such EX42 servers are necessary with the person of our team:

Thanked by 1willie
  • donlidonli Member

@Vova1234 said:

willie said: EX42 was in stock til recently (I probably last looked a week or two ago). Not surprised it's out of stock now. It's terrific with no setup and it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the no-setup announcement.

It's good to have a hobby.

• @Vova1234 said:

kind of a dick move