Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wholesaleinternet honest review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

wholesaleinternet honest review

Please share your honest reviews and experiences with them? Will they really provide physical machine or a docker/container? Hows their servers performances?

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

Have had multiple machines there for years.

They are great. No complaints.
    However if you are incompetent, act incredibly stupid, require tons of handholding, try to send any grayhat or blackhat stuff, don't use them.

Thanked by 3verjin uptime ruben
  • I used them for around a year for a streaming machine. I pushed that thing to the limits and utilized it a lot. I engaged support and billing a few times. Always relatively quick and response. I enjoyed my experience overall because the price point was on point for the machines.

Keep in mind though that these tend to be much older hardware. Some drives I encountered had tens of thousands of hours of power on time. Definitely old hardware, but the price point reflects that.

• hzrhzr Member

daxterfellowes said: Keep in mind though that these tend to be much older hardware. Some drives I encountered had tens of thousands of hours of power on time. Definitely old hardware, but the price point reflects that.

I am guessing this does depend on the server you pick, like one of the old ones with 250GB SATAs - I'd expect them to be old as hell, but the ones that are 4TB SATA or 480GB SSD I've gotten much newer ones

• @hzr said:

daxterfellowes said: Keep in mind though that these tend to be much older hardware. Some drives I encountered had tens of thousands of hours of power on time. Definitely old hardware, but the price point reflects that.

I am guessing this does depend on the server you pick, like one of the old ones with 250GB SATAs - I'd expect them to be old as hell, but the ones that are 4TB SATA or 480GB SSD I've gotten much newer ones

Yup, these were on WSI/Nocix $10-$30 servers. So YMMV with that low end range.

• wilbowilbo Member

I've been with them for years. They are very good and have very little downtime. Best deal around.

• twaintwain Member

Are you able to reinstall via a CP, or would you have to request a manual reinstall from them? (Also assuming probably no KVM over IP)

• wilbowilbo Member

I have always had to request a manual install.

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

Their support was really fast. I once had a problem logging in my account. I sent them an email requesting changing the account email. Their support staff replied my email in less than 5 minutes and changed my email right away.

• level6level6 Member
    edited June 2019

@hzr said:
    Have had multiple machines there for years.

They are great. No complaints.
    However if you are incompetent, act incredibly stupid, require tons of handholding...

Thanks! So 75% of LET members should avoid.

• hzrhzr Member

level6 said: Thanks! So 75% of LET members should avoid.

It leaves the cheap servers for the people that don't open a dispute complaining that it doesn't come with cpanel and remote desktop.

Thanked by 2ITLabs verjin
  • I've had a server with them, only for few months, no problem, very friendly support.

• jurevejureve Member

I've had several servers with them, their service and support is very good, I can recommend them, I also know people who feel good about their service! :smiley:

• verjinverjin Member

Thanks all for honest reviews, lets try them now!

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2019

Also if you miss the billing payment by mistake 2 days, they will turn off your server, wipe it and resell it in minutes.

Which in my opinion is not production ready and highly a risk to depend on such service.

Two days brutherrr..... Better have backups and auto payment.

• emghemgh Member

@Hxxx said:
    Also if you miss the billing payment by mistake 2 days, they will turn off your server, wipe it and resell it in minutes.

Which in my opinion is not production ready and highly a risk to depend on such service.

No, in production you should make sure to pay your bills.

• donlidonli Member

@emgh said:

@Hxxx said:

Hey, who hasn't forgotten to pay a renewal bill on occasion...
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20031106/0945203.shtml

• emghemgh Member

@donli said:

@emgh said:

@Hxxx said:

Lol. But really for production you should make sure tonpsy bills. Hosting is usually able to be recovered but a domain, as per the link, might not be. Setup automatic renewals and make sure the invoices gets marked as paid. With every invoice.

• donlidonli Member

@emgh said:

@donli said:

@emgh said:

@Hxxx said:

Lol. But really for production you should make sure tonpsy bills. Hosting is usually able to be recovered but a domain, as per the link, might not be. Setup automatic renewals and make sure the invoices gets marked as paid. With every invoice.

Really though a catastrophic disk failure resulting in loss of all your data or your provider going out of business suddenly are much more likely occurances than loss of your data because you forget to pay the bill. Frequent, offsife backups are your friend.

• hzrhzr Member

I would imagine they might be able to do something for you if you submitted a ticket instead of waiting 2 days after the invoice due date passes too

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2019

You guys are asking the people of LET to actually put in efforts.

That's a no-go.
    We have a guy here who refused to do a simple googling and get scammed 60 bucks. That's how lazy the people of LET are.

• HxxxHxxx Member

Sorry that's no justification. Any production grade service will have a proper billing department and will give you proper notices.

As soon as 48 hours passed your server and data is gone with WSI. That's no proper way to do business. Obviously they target the shit market , this is no enterprise grade DC anyways.

If you still don't understand this you obviously haven't had enough production services running. Shit happens, cards lock, banks gets bitchy at times as a routine for security.

Check any ToS of any enterprise grade service provider. There you will see some protocols specified that allow at least 5 days of grace.

@emgh said:

@Hxxx said:

• And these enterprise grade service providers often do dedi's for $15/month?

• donlidonli Member

@skorous said:
    And these enterprise grade service providers often do dedi's for $15/month?

And how did we get from a Low End dedicated provider to "Enterprise Grade" ones ?

• donli said: And how did we get from a Low End dedicated provider to "Enterprise Grade" ones ?

Because you can't run Production on low end ones!