Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raspberry Pi colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Raspberry Pi colocation

I Will ship the pie preinstalled,

Yearly offer least 100mbs and 1 ipv4

Max yearly price 60€/ year

Comments

• why not just use a VPS??
    What is the advantage of a pi?

• @greattomeetyou said:
    why not just use a VPS??
    What is the advantage of a pi?

We wanna host top of our instances, custom hardened OS build etc..

• can you create your hardened x64 OS, and load/install it to a VPS?

• @greattomeetyou said:
    can you create your hardened x64 OS, and load/install it to a VPS?

Well most providers dont provide custom iso, least if you are looking for openvz vps server that is cheaper compared against KVM vps.

• @Learntolive said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Well most providers dont provide custom iso, least if you are looking for openvz vps server that is cheaper compared against KVM vps.

Hetzner, vultr does in any case. I think if you ask a company they'll load it up for you too

Thanked by 1postcd
  • @FoxelVox said:

@Learntolive said:

@greattomeetyou said:

Hetzner, vultr does in any case. I think if you ask a company they'll load it up for you too

Yeah but still looking for colocation. Suits better my needs.

• uptimeuptime Member

Good luck with your budget

• williewillie Member

Scaleway C1?

• @uptime said:

Good luck with your budget

Well i can raise it to 80€ year

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Location requirements?

• @IonSwitch_Stan said:
    Location requirements?

All locations are fine

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

I can do this in Fremont (WestCoast US) for $60/yr plus a $15 one time setup fee.

Thanked by 3Janevski RedSox uptime
  • @freerangecloud said:
    I can do this in Fremont (WestCoast US) for $60/yr plus a $15 one time setup fee.

1gbit port? Bandwidth limit?

Any test IP?

• williewillie Member
    edited June 2019

@freerangecloud, veddy interesting. What would the setup look like? Pi in a box sitting on a rack shelf? Could you handle a pi with a usb laptop hdd on top of it? Slight extra cost would be ok of course. Total would still be within the pi adapter's 15 watt power capacity. External drive could be a small ssd if that's easier. Or maybe something like this? That's a bracket containing a 2.5" laptop drive plus a pi-like board. They also make a 3.5" model that is bigger. Hmm.

Thanked by 1Janevski

@Learntolive said:

@freerangecloud said:

Any test IP?

Port would be 100mbps unmetered. Looking glass available at: http://fmt.lg.freerangecloud.com/

Thanked by 2Janevski RedSox

@willie said:
    @freerangecloud, veddy interesting. What would the setup look like? Pi in a box sitting on a rack shelf? Could you handle a pi with a usb laptop hdd on top of it? Slight extra cost would be ok of course. Total would still be within the pi adapter's 15 watt power capacity. External drive could be a small ssd if that's easier. Or maybe something like this? That's a bracket containing a 2.5" laptop drive plus a pi-like board. They also make a 3.5" model that is bigger. Hmm.

Exactly correct, Pi on a shelf in our rack. If you wanted to include a USB HDD that's fine, probably would be an extra $10-15 on the setup fee (depending on how much remote hands charges)

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • williewillie Member
    edited June 2019

wow nice! They wouldn't have to plug anything together or anything like that. I could give them the pi box with the laptop drive on top with a rubber band holding them together :). This is getting interesting. I might take you up on it. especially if a HDD is possible, that's a super cheap way to get a 4tb or 5tb storage server. I think you are not charging enough :).

Thanked by 2Janevski RedSox
  • @freerangecloud said:

Any test IP?> @freerangecloud said:

@Learntolive said:

@freerangecloud said:

Any test IP?

Port would be 100mbps unmetered. Looking glass available at: http://fmt.lg.freerangecloud.com/

Just ordered my new batch of raspberry pies, soon as it arrives I contact you for info pre-configure and ship it there.

• williewillie Member

Learntolive said: Just ordered my new batch of raspberry pies

pi 4's? What config? Where did you order them? Looks like there's a shortage of 4gb ones, but other models are easier to find.

@Learntolive said:

@freerangecloud said:

Any test IP?> @freerangecloud said:

@Learntolive said:

@freerangecloud said:

Any test IP?

Just ordered my new batch of raspberry pies, soon as it arrives I contact you for info pre-configure and ship it there.

Sounds good! Shoot me a PM when you're ready to order.

@willie said:
    wow nice! They wouldn't have to plug anything together or anything like that. I could give them the pi box with the laptop drive on top with a rubber band holding them together :). This is getting interesting. I might take you up on it. especially if a HDD is possible, that's a super cheap way to get a 4tb or 5tb storage server. I think you are not charging enough :).

I mean, I can charge more if you want ;)

I'm assuming you'll include the power supply as well, as long as it's within the 15W limit it shouldn't even be noticeable.

Not a regular plan (yet.. if there's enough demand maybe I should create something). Shoot me a PM and I'll generate an order link and we can co-ordinate logistics.

• @willie said:

Learntolive said: Just ordered my new batch of raspberry pies

pi 4's? What config? Where did you order them? Looks like there's a shortage of 4gb ones, but other models are easier to find.

Aliexpress and did order rpi 3 b + ones super cheap and full set:

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b2kp3glE

• @freerangecloud said:
    >

I'm assuming you'll include the power supply as well, as long as it's within the 15W limit it shouldn't even be noticeable.

Not a regular plan (yet.. if there's enough demand maybe I should create something). Shoot me a PM and I'll generate an order link and we can co-ordinate logistics.

would this be ok to include?

@Learntolive said:

@freerangecloud said:
    >

would this be ok to include?

Ummm.... is that a camera? Any particular reason you want to see the inside of a server cabinet?

• donlidonli Member

@freerangecloud said:

Ummm.... is that a camera? Any particular reason you want to see the inside of a server cabinet?

I like to keep a close eye on my data, don't you ?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@freerangecloud said:

He wants to live stream the FBI raid of your rack looking for his equipment

• level6level6 Member

No more leaving your nickers to dry in the cabinet.

• williewillie Member

Learntolive said: Aliexpress and did order rpi 3 b + ones

That's the pi 3. You do know the pi 4 was just released, I hope:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/

There's another thread about it that I opened a couple days ago.